Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
May 24, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #466 of 12,591
The cx8's. I'm in the UK and I would spend double what I paid. I honestly couldn't imagine this much bass could go through a iem, my jaw literally shakes at some songs. Worth every penny / cent
They are described as club in ears, but are they still have good detail? The IE80 makes the best compromise yet for me, but is not considered real bass IEM. For me however good as I listen to prog rock instead of club music. Of course I like to hear a Rickenbacker bass in the best way possible:wink:

May 24, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #467 of 12,591
Unfortunately IE80 is all about boomy mid-bass which overshadows sub-bass significantly. Rest of the spectrum is quite nice though.

May 24, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #468 of 12,591
They are described as club in ears, but are they still have good detail? The IE80 makes the best compromise yet for me, but is not considered real bass IEM. For me however good as I listen to prog rock instead of club music. Of course I like to hear a Rickenbacker bass in the best way possible:wink:

If you're after detail and crazy bass impact, go for the Pioneer SE-CX9. Better clarity and less bass depth than the the SE-CX8 because of the balanced armature driver vs dynamic.

The big copper ones are the 8. The 9 only come in silver as far as I'm aware (8 comes in silver, black, and copper).

May 24, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #470 of 12,591
How do the Earwerkz Legend Omega fit in here? Anyone else aside from Moedawg that can shed some light on this?
My ear impressions for my Omegas are on the way to Earwerkz so I'm 3weeks from receiving them.
I got a couple tracks in mind to test em. Like Koan Sound's new EP "Forgotten Myths".

Also, on Foobar2000 I got the 80 bands spectrum, but I can't see below 50Hz. If I select 160 bands I no longer see any numbers.
Any tracks or program, tips to help test the bass capability of my Omegas would be most welcomed.

May 24, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #472 of 12,591
How do the Earwerkz Legend Omega fit in here? Anyone else aside from Moedawg that can shed some light on this?
My ear impressions for my Omegas are on the way to Earwerkz so I'm 3weeks from receiving them.
I got a couple tracks in mind to test em. Like Koan Sound's new EP "Forgotten Myths".

Also, on Foobar2000 I got the 80 bands spectrum, but I can't see below 50Hz. If I select 160 bands I no longer see any numbers.
Any tracks or program, tips to help test the bass capability of my Omegas would be most welcomed.

I'm pretty interested in hearing your impressions of the Earwerkz Legend Omega. I haven't yet heard any Balanced Armature-based earphones kick bass extremely hard or reach as deep as Dynamics can. The best exclusively-BA earphones I've heard for bass are probably the Logitech Ultimate Ears 11 Pro, but they still don't kick nearly as hard as something with a big Dynamic does. That's not to say it isn't satisfying. And, frankly, it might give you exactly the right amount of bass for what you listen to.

I use the JVC HA-FXZ200 more than any other IEM I own, and the bass on those doesn't really punch very hard, it just digs really deep really cleanly. I love the crazy impact of the Pioneer SE-CX8 (Dynamic) and the sub-bass thunder of the Aurisonics ASG-2.5/ASG-B (also Dynamic), but still use the JVC HA-FXZ200 a ton because of the music I listen to at work (bassy but fairly calm electronic music). I have my more engaging basshead earphones at home because I get distracted by the music when it shakes my soul too hard.

The point being, even if a BA driver isn't going to hit as hard or rumble your chest as much as a Dynamic, it might actually be better to listen to for some of your music. But I also look forward to the day that something hands me a Balanced Armature IEM that proves it can deliver insane bass.

May 25, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #473 of 12,591

The Penta is nowhere close to having good bass. The Legend also lacks bass. I was lost when I demoed them couldnt put what I felt into words.

May 25, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #477 of 12,591

Frequency Response Graph for ASG-2.5 (Bass Fully Open and Bass Fully Closed) and ASG-B

ASG-2.5 Bass Fully Open = Green
ASG-2.5 Bass Fully Closed = Red

If bass fully open equals more bass? then you have the above round the wrong way, and indeed the labelling on the graph shows bass fully open in RED, which matches the graph results.

May 25, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #479 of 12,591
  The long weekend and some really late nights getting lost in music gave me ample time to form impressions and write a review of the ASG-2.5

http://www.basshead.club/aurisonics-asg-2-5-review/

Great review.  I'm excited to receive my pair.  In your review, you mentioned not using them without an amp.  Do you think the amp in the Fiio X3ii is enough for these, to extract performance like you experienced?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back