Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
May 19, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #391 of 12,591
@Hawaiibadboy, are those the slider settings on your X5? I don't have my X3ii yet, but that would be a good starting point.

Yeah that's my X5. The X3ii also has a 10 band eq so your good.
I never mess with the highs but IEM are in your head so the bass has to be compensated for. The Wiz track is pretty epic in bass and in detail like I have never heard before. Gotta put the tips in then rotate (lock) the hangers over your ear like shutting a door but once you get a seal..good times.

I did a vid about the X5 and was on about the highs and harshness so i am very treble sensitive. The lift on the 2.5 just creates a wider stage as the illusion of width is tweaks to the upper registry for IEM. The 2.5 give me bass on call but if the next track like the Boston track comes up it's not bass heavy because the music info simply isn't there but the highs will be cuz i allowed for it considering the roll off.

I have...since I got into head-fi...wanted to have my cake and eat it too. Play this:

and hear every harmonic resonance of the strings that Lindsey Buckingham is playing and I got it.

May 19, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #393 of 12,591
Thanks. When I get my X3ii, I'll try your settings, then adjust from there. So stoked for my new toys, the X3ii and the 2.5's.

I'm stoked for you
biggrin.gif

Shared settings gives us a clear spot to hear the same thing and then go from there. If you find a sweeter balance between bass and clarity let me know. This semi odd config makes everything sing. I'm using a Cayin C5 (bass boost off) but the FiiO DAP's have good internal amps

May 19, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #395 of 12,591
am i the only one who really disliked the wooduo2?  they did have decent bass, but sounded bad to me.  i love bass but i thought too much was missing with these that i could not enjoy them.  maybe i didnt mess with the EQ enough, but i thought my $20 xiaomi piston2 sounded better than the wooduo2.  in my short headfi journey thus far, the wooduo2 was the most disappointed i've had when receiving new gear.  i was so excited to get them, only to feel let down and deflated. 

May 19, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #396 of 12,591
I'm stoked for you:D

Shared settings gives us a clear spot to hear the same thing and then go from there. If you find a sweeter balance between bass and clarity let me know. This semi odd config makes everything sing. I'm using a Cayin C5 (bass boost off) but the FiiO DAP's have good internal amps

Yeah, I had an OG X3, and the amp was great, but the signature a little dark. Got the shipping email for the X3ii, so I can't wait for that to show up. You said you have the gain set to high on your Cayin amp, so I'll do that with the player as well. Still waiting on the shipping email for the 2.5's, says that the order is "On hold", don't know what that means, but I hope it's not that way long. I'm bouncin' off the walls here. :D

May 19, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #399 of 12,591
  am i the only one who really disliked the wooduo2?  they did have decent bass, but sounded bad to me.  i love bass but i thought too much was missing with these that i could not enjoy them.  maybe i didnt mess with the EQ enough, but i thought my $20 xiaomi piston2 sounded better than the wooduo2.  in my short headfi journey thus far, the wooduo2 was the most disappointed i've had when receiving new gear.  i was so excited to get them, only to feel let down and deflated. 

It's possible you had fakes. The Wooduo 2 are a bit dark, but sound pretty good for a bassy IEM. That said, they have issues with driver flex and longevity, so I don't think they're worth the asking price. I eventually got rid of mine after trying multiple.

May 19, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #402 of 12,591
So Hawaii, just put on 'On My Level' in my theater room... You aren't kidding. I have a custom 18" home theater sub w/ 4000rms watt amp, built in DSP, 70lbs driver, 150lbs total of brutal, tactile bass. It'll dig into the single digits (8Hz) and ~110dB @ 20Hz. Great test track!
Here's a pic so I don't have to GTFO

May 19, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #403 of 12,591
So Hawaii, just put on 'On My Level' in my theater room... You aren't kidding. I have a custom 18" home theater sub w/ 4000rms watt amp, built in DSP, 70lbs driver, 150lbs total of brutal, tactile bass. It'll dig into the single digits (8Hz) and ~110dB @ 20Hz. Great test track!
Here's a pic so I don't have to GTFO

Oh that sub must love you . They a built to shine with tracks like that
beerchug.gif

Next time you wanna give that sexy sub some exercise...some stretching.....

May 19, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #404 of 12,591
Too late tonight, but will check it out tomorrow. I'm actually having another one built soon because... room nulls and evening out frequency response... yeah, that's it. Totally necessary
cool.gif

ASG2.5's show up tomorrow and I'll put them through a workout and report initial impressions vs the 850 and FXZ200. I promised myself I'd stay out of the headphone game after going with speakers... oh well. This place is an incurable addiction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back