Head-Direct RE0 Appreciation Thread
Jul 17, 2011 at 12:32 AM Post #377 of 470
I wouldn't recommend it, I don't think they are built for that kind of stress.

Jul 17, 2011 at 11:38 AM Post #379 of 470
I really enjoy mine. For a universal IEM they are among my most comfortable. The overall sonic satisfaction is very impressive and with a little boost from my amp in the bass they're even nicer sounding to my taste. I haven't had any build issues yet and I've had mine for about 9 months.

Jul 17, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #380 of 470

Quote:
I really enjoy mine. For a universal IEM they are among my most comfortable. The overall sonic satisfaction is very impressive and with a little boost from my amp in the bass they're even nicer sounding to my taste. I haven't had any build issues yet and I've had mine for about 9 months.

Me too...just the bi-flanges and nothing else.  Running through my Xenos 3HA, sounds great.

Jul 19, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #382 of 470

Quote:
X2. Had mine for around 6 months then cable breaks near the jack. Fotunately, head-direct has a very good customer service and had mine replaced with no questions asked

Good for you.. Where I'm from, there is no head-direct or any hifiman authorized sellers so I had mine bought through a friend of mine who went to Singapore.. so when mine broke, that's it.. no replacement T_T

Jul 20, 2011 at 10:29 AM Post #383 of 470
I did not bother to shell a few hundred more $$$ on an other IEM than the RE0, with the eventual hope of getting better or at least more pleasing sound. Two weeks ago on my last flight the cabin cleaners, by accident, took my RE0. I was sad, but with a backup pair of RE0 waiting for me at home. Of course, the loss of a SE535 would have made me more sad.

Aug 21, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #384 of 470
Loved my RE0, but keep in mind these are home IEM, hence the past tense. Lotsa stress on the cord/housings will break it - happened to me twice, once out of warranty. Soon to be replaced with ety hf3.

Aug 21, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #386 of 470

Quote:
I did not bother to shell a few hundred more $$$ on an other IEM than the RE0, with the eventual hope of getting better or at least more pleasing sound. Two weeks ago on my last flight the cabin cleaners, by accident, took my RE0. I was sad, but with a backup pair of RE0 waiting for me at home. Of course, the loss of a SE535 would have made me more sad.

And the cabin cleaners more happy, so it evens out.

Sep 26, 2011 at 10:28 AM Post #387 of 470
This little fellows will give you a story to tell your friends thats for sure. I got them 3 weeks ago, and was a bit disappointed at the beginning. The best tips were the single flanged medium size but still it didnt provide proper fit / comfort, the bass was thin and there was something lacking in the treble / bass range felt a bit muffled... I started reading religiosly this appreciation thread and the big dandy thread, to find all solution for my problems. First burn in for around 30h, more bass, and general texture improved, more 60h sound quality and clarity improved like 20%. I still couldnt get a good fit with any tips, so searched a bit more, and found a mod for double flange tips cutting the second flange (leaving the stem), it improved the bass and soundstage alot but it was not that comfortable.After reading a lot made the conclusion would be to invest in Sony Hybrids for  better  comfort / isolation (without cutting highs like Comploy). Yes, it does improve a lot compared with moded double flange tips. Almost perfect fit, and isolation improved 30%. Well worth the money! 

Today received finally my final addition to my set up of RE-0 w/ sony hybrids + sanza fuze rockboxed... The all mighty Fiio E5. Its the best 13€ ever spent, seriously.
It improves so much the texture, soundstage, and warmness in bass mode, its unbelievble to my hears. The music now feels really alive, and pumping thru my skull! I them noticed that switching between on / off bass there's a "middle setting"  a bit difficult to set up, that enhances bass and highs and bit treble, dont know for sure. It adds more colour to the music, but cuts a bit in warmness (compared with bass mode), perfect for rock music, bass mode on ambient music. Now this a perfect setup... Thanks everyone for contributing to this forum. I never loved so much hearing music like now! AMEN HEAD-FI!!!! 
atsmile.gif

Nov 3, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #388 of 470

I ordered RE0's from Amazon and received them today but some paint or anodizing got screwed up during the manufacturing process; they came out of the box like this. Should I just suck it up and accept it?

Nov 3, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #389 of 470
Well, it is Amazon so getting a replacement should be easy.

Nov 5, 2011 at 8:50 AM Post #390 of 470
Had RE0s for 5 months.  Purchased through Amazon (although not from HeadDirect). The plastic housing of the earpiece crumbled last week when pulling them from my ears.

I also had a number of problems with the white-ish silicone cushions not wanting to stay on.

Contact HeadDirect... says that they were not purchased through them (but from a dealer on Amazon) and to contact him.
I contacted the dealer, and said to contact the manufacturer.
The manufacturer (HiFiMan) said to contact their US rep... HeadDirect.... uhhhh....
Contacted the dealer again that said "all manufacturer warranties apply"... 
Round and round we go....

Took it up with Amazon and they issued me a refund.

So... buyer beware... be careful WHERE you purchase yours from.

K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back