Head-Direct RE0 Appreciation Thread
Apr 6, 2011 at 3:11 AM Post #361 of 470
@ZaWorld,
it can extend the life for sure.

The build quality of the ZEROs is better than the 0s.the cable on the zeros has less memory effect than on the 0s.and as far as i remember, the 0s have a thinner cable.

And hey, would you drop me a PM please?am using my cell and am unable to drop u a PM.

Apr 10, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #362 of 470

Quote:
Question, is the Hifiman direct-0 same thing as Head-direct? I found them sounds terrible right after open box, i didn't even bother to burn them in. It seems like it got no lows at all, the mids sound very thin and lacking control.

What's a Direct-0?

Apr 10, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #363 of 470

Quote:
@ZaWorld,
it can extend the life for sure.

The build quality of the ZEROs is better than the 0s.the cable on the zeros has less memory effect than on the 0s.and as far as i remember, the 0s have a thinner cable.

And hey, would you drop me a PM please?am using my cell and am unable to drop u a PM.

Don't they have the same cable lately?

Apr 11, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #364 of 470
Could someone describe exactly how to remove and replace the filters on these? I've never done it before (with any headphone) and don't want to ruin them! Thanks.

Apr 11, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #365 of 470
@MadMax, nope, they are not very similar.
the 0s have a cable with a lot of memory effect (compared to the 0 cable), plus it is thinner and more delicate than on the ZEROs.
i never had much confidence in the 0s cable, and they did break, but with the ZEROs its Better.

Apr 12, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #366 of 470
I am loving my RE0`s. Not as much as CK10 but it is pretty enjoyable and relatively cheap headphone.

Apr 12, 2011 at 10:01 AM Post #367 of 470
Ok. I need help or a suggestion. On a lark I ordered the Sony hybrid tips for my RE0. I put the ones on that gave me the best fit. The green for the right ear, the light blue for the left. When I listened to them it sounded hollow and the highs and bass were sucked out. I've been using the bi flange which I like. What could I be doing wrong? I'm not a noob so I know how to make sure I'm getting a good seal. I just couldn't believe how hollow it sounded with the Sony tips. At least they were cheap.

Apr 12, 2011 at 3:06 PM Post #368 of 470
You are not getting a good seal.

Actually, I recommend UE grey buds instead.  Upgrades all aspects of the RE0's sound but you trade off a slight bit of bass quantity.  I think a lot of the RE0 users have at least an E5/7, so the bass boost can compensate a bit.  Otherwise, Sony hybrids tame the treble a tad bit and boost bass a little bit.

Apr 20, 2011 at 2:17 AM Post #369 of 470
Hey Guys .

I just got the RE0 today from a fellow Headfier and all i can say is ......wow..... they simply sound amazing , the next best Iem i have heard is the shure se110 and there is simply no comparison between them , I have been listening to them all day long ......i do have some fit issues with the biflanges ....the small ones do not fit me well and the large ones really hurt my ears , but its a small price to pay for this sound quality . best 50 bucks i have ever spent
etysmile.gif

Apr 20, 2011 at 7:11 AM Post #370 of 470
Anyone know where I can get it??

Apr 20, 2011 at 12:54 PM Post #371 of 470
http://www.head-direct.com/product_detail.php?p=38

When you put the RE0 in your cart, it asks which part of the world you are in ...

Apr 20, 2011 at 1:00 PM Post #372 of 470

Quote:
Anyone know where I can get it??

You mean the RE-0? There are sites selling them you may try buying them from Head-Direct http://www.head-direct.com/

And to the other RE-0 owners, how often do you change the replacement filters? I do not own the RE-0 but RE-ZERO, the filters should work pretty much the same way though. Is there any visible / audible sign when the filters get clogged? Not that I have really nasty ears but it may be nice to know when and how I may want to change them.
wink.gif

Apr 20, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #373 of 470
If the filters get clogged, it is usually moisture which you can absorb away with your [dry] shirt or a napkin.  Both RE0 and RE-ZERO use the same filters and you plce them on the opening of the nozzle in the same way.  They almost have the same driver housing, except ZERO is slightly larger and prettier.  =]
I used my Xacto knife to remove/replace the filters carefully.  I did the "soundstage mod" to both of them, bringing the canal foam closer to the opening.  RE0 showed mild improvement, ZERO seemed to not care.

Apr 24, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #374 of 470
Thanks for the insights, I bought an RE0 that had a dead channel and recabled it with an old Koss KSC75 cable I had lying around. All is well for now :D

Here's the recabled RE0 with Westone ES cables pictures as promised.

They do sound more detail, and the bass response improves it's clarity and volume as well.

ME like, I wouldn't recommend just recabling your RE0 if they are working great at the moment. Some people really don't hear the differences with different cables.

But if you got a broken cable on your RE0, then I would highly recommend this upgrade.

After a few weeks, I am liking them more and more. OF course, compare to my Grado 325is' they sound thinner, but still fantastic in a different sense.

May 16, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #375 of 470
Has anyone bothered with UE buds?

I am finding RE0 to sound even better with UE medium buds.  That earphone really likes the wider bores, I think.  Same for RE252, but RE-ZERO didn't quite improve as much as the former two. It is not an issue of fit because I was getting a good seal with stock buds and Sony Hybrids (RE0/ZERO/252) and Monster Gel Supertips (RE252).  With the UE medium buds, every aspect of RE0's sound improves, but you give up a small amount of bass quantity.  You do get improved bass clarity and bass detail.  It is not a big difference, but numerous tiny improvements, including a slight bit of more insight into the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back