HE-500 Review and Shoot out.
Jun 28, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #796 of 846
I took my 4 pin xlr to 1/4" adapter and cut off the adapter and spaded it. There are many that will build you one to order if you don't want to do that.

Jun 30, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #798 of 846
u9avezud.jpg

As promised!...

Jun 30, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #799 of 846
u9avezud.jpg

As promised!...

I need a case like that to transport my very sensitive amp to the london meet..what brand is that?
Thansk for ur answer

Jun 30, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #801 of 846
Its a cheapo CDR-king watertight case... Only 880PHP

Thanks..i only need it once..so i dont wanna spend a fortune on it... I will check it out!

Jul 3, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #803 of 846
Hi all,
I have a fit question with the HE-500. I use headphones primarily when I'm working in my art studio so I often have my head down at a drafting table. I also walk around the studio. With a long cable (25'), I wonder if the HE-500 would stay on my head, and not put too much strain on my neck when leaning forward with my head down. I presently use a pair of Grado SR225i.

Jul 3, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #804 of 846
Hi all,
I have a fit question with the HE-500. I use headphones primarily when I'm working in my art studio so I often have my head down at a drafting table. I also walk around the studio. With a long cable (25'), I wonder if the HE-500 would stay on my head, and not put too much strain on my neck when leaning forward with my head down. I presently use a pair of Grado SR225i.

I think the he500 is not right choice for to walk around..in my case with my avarage head size..when i stand up from my comfy listening chair to pick something up from the floor..it doesnt stay fixed on my head..it almost slips off..i think its because its so heavy..as long u dont move a lot..its perfect..otherwise..not so..imho ofcourse...maybe a mad dog better for u?

Jul 3, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #805 of 846
Thanks! Yeah, I'm also considering the Mad Dogs. I just think I'd prefer the open back. Maybe the HE-400s? If EQed?

Jul 3, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #806 of 846
I also have concerns with the build quality of the Mad Dogs being all plastic

Jul 3, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #807 of 846
I also have concerns with the build quality of the Mad Dogs being all plastic

If u want tanklike builtquality then try a hd650 or one of the better beyerdynamics..i have one of the latter brand..and i have it for 4 years..it fell i dont know how many times on my wooden floor and..the cable got caught under the wheels of my chair a million times..very long cable!! .but still he wont break down..and the sound is pretty good although a bit on the bright side..best sq is from he500 in that pricerange.... Its up to u to determine whats ur priorities in a headphone.. :wink:

I had the he400 and 300.. Both had same problem for me..when moving around it was not comprtely fixed on my head..its i think a design thingie...or less clambforce..i dont know..and dont even think to let them fall on the floor... :xf_eek:

maybe others have other althernatives?

Jul 3, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #808 of 846
Quote:
Hi all,

I walk around with my HE-500, but my cable is only 8 feet, and I don't do it all the time, just if I have to grab something near me. The headphones haven't ever slipped off my head or been close to slipping off, fairly secure for what it is. My head size is about average (I barely use the Hifiman adjustment sliders). That being said the HE-500 will be much heavier than the Grado, probably the same as wearing two Grado headphones together. Your neck might get used to it (like my neck has) or perhaps it might not (seems to depend on the person).

Btw, going from Grado to the HE-500 is going to be a big change. You might have Grado withdraw for a few weeks.
biggrin.gif

Jul 3, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #810 of 846
Quote:
I walk around with my HE-500, but my cable is only 8 feet, and I don't do it all the time, just if I have to grab something near me. The headphones haven't ever slipped off my head or been close to slipping off, fairly secure for what it is. My head size is about average (I barely use the Hifiman adjustment sliders). That being said the HE-500 will be much heavier than the Grado, probably the same as wearing two Grado headphones together. Your neck might get used to it (like my neck has) or perhaps it might not (seems to depend on the person).

Btw, going from Grado to the HE-500 is going to be a big change. You might have Grado withdraw for a few weeks.
biggrin.gif

same here.  I have only about < 1cm on the adjustment sliders on each side.  I also bent the headband to loosen up the clamping force but never have any issue with the HE500 slipping off.  I just tested again, moving my head in all directions including upside down :) but the HPs stay on alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back