HE-500 Review and Shoot out.
Feb 14, 2014 at 1:56 AM Post #842 of 846
Just got my HE-500's and am loving them. Driving from a fiio e17 but thinking about getting a Matrix M-stage or a schiit combo...my limit is about 250. any suggestions? Not sure how much sound quality ill get from upgrading and if its even necessary.

Feb 14, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #843 of 846
First of all welcome to the Hifimans .. you picked a fabulous headphone, and oh yeah ... believe me there is lots more room for improvement. This headphone scales beautifully well and with a little exploration will reward you with sonic brilliance. That said, I suggest you post your questions/impressions on this thread. You are likely to get more feedback there as it is more active. Cheers ...

Feb 16, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #844 of 846
Just got my HE-500's and am loving them. Driving from a fiio e17 but thinking about getting a Matrix M-stage or a schiit combo...my limit is about 250. any suggestions? Not sure how much sound quality ill get from upgrading and if its even necessary.

Start with the modi and magni. More power than the o2. Enough to not make the he500 clip at high volumes.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Feb 25, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #846 of 846

Oh I have the e17 too. I will say that that cannot drive the he500 decently. I even tried the e09k but that wasn't enough too. Hifiman recommends 1 watt. The magni does 1.2.

Havnt heard the m stage but I had the same budget as you have. Went for the magni and modi. My other option was to get the e09k and save money but when I tried it out it was really not enough.

I can also say that the modi is better than the e17 DAC.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back