HD580 paint job, take a look!
Mar 27, 2007 at 7:21 AM Post #46 of 175
Man, the 580s with 600 grilles and cable are dead sexy! Although the sound difference is debatable, I find that the metal grilles eliminates the "cheap" feel of the 580s (compared to the 6xx line). Why would anyone need to mod them?

Mar 27, 2007 at 8:52 AM Post #47 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockbottom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And THAT...is how resale value plummets...if you decide to ever let them go...please remind me not to make an offer.

and i would never sell these pair of headphones to the likes of you anyway. you aren't even worth the delicious smell of my feet. please do not thread crap. contribute, or get out.

edit: of course, you were probably joking, but it is late and i'm tired and grumpy. just keep the thread crapping to a minimum please.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mastercheif /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glow-in-the-dark 580s!!!!

now THAT would be pretty cool.

Mar 27, 2007 at 4:39 PM Post #48 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by dropkickduffy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, the 580s with 600 grilles and cable are dead sexy! Although the sound difference is debatable, I find that the metal grilles eliminates the "cheap" feel of the 580s (compared to the 6xx line). Why would anyone need to mod them?

haha. like i said before...i think that the looks of the 600 grills are debatable as well along with the sound difference. and to answer your question "why would anyone need to mod them?", people mod because they love to experiment with things. there's no other reason. it's like asking "why would anyone spend 130$ on these hd580's in the first place?" because we love headphones that's why!

Mar 27, 2007 at 5:21 PM Post #49 of 175
Wow. All I can say is, wow. That is one hell of a paint job you've done there soup. I've been lurking around the forums for about six months now, and never found the need to make an account and post, but that is one of the best additions to the HD580's I have seen or read about. It even beats kramer's on looks (colors do wonders moreso than black ever will). I was thinking about the 580's and the 595's, and after this, I'm going for the 580's. I listened to the 595's and they just did NOT impress me at all, and this just confirms that 580>>>595 for me because the only problem I had with the 580's was that they looked a little bland, but they sounded WAY better than the 580's. Way to go soup! I might even send mine in for you to customize with some amazing colors
wink.gif

Mar 27, 2007 at 9:20 PM Post #51 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricepicker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow. All I can say is, wow. That is one hell of a paint job you've done there soup. I've been lurking around the forums for about six months now, and never found the need to make an account and post, but that is one of the best additions to the HD580's I have seen or read about. It even beats kramer's on looks (colors do wonders moreso than black ever will). I was thinking about the 580's and the 595's, and after this, I'm going for the 580's. I listened to the 595's and they just did NOT impress me at all, and this just confirms that 580>>>595 for me because the only problem I had with the 580's was that they looked a little bland, but they sounded WAY better than the 580's. Way to go soup! I might even send mine in for you to customize with some amazing colors
wink.gif

haha thanks so much. i think colors add more character rather than black! black = BORING and so typical of headphones and such these days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pheonix991 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think this should be the official 580 paint mod thread.

SHOW OFF YOUR PAINTED 580'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now that would be pretty cool
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 27, 2007 at 11:41 PM Post #52 of 175
I'm actually going to sell mine, perhaps I should offer to paint them whatever colour the buyer wants first
biggrin.gif

Mar 28, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #54 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm actually going to sell mine, perhaps I should offer to paint them whatever colour the buyer wants first
biggrin.gif

aww...why sell them! keep them yourself and paint them! make them look AWESOME. i bet you wouldn't want to part with them after you paint them yourself
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thats so hot, props for that man..

really

thanks a lot!

Mar 28, 2007 at 3:08 AM Post #56 of 175
when you say spray paint you mean just the stuff out of a can? like graffiti styles?

i had a spare headband and i tried to spray it but it got so sticky i couldn't bear to use it =\

i probably would also need a matte finish of some descript

Mar 28, 2007 at 3:23 AM Post #57 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
when you say spray paint you mean just the stuff out of a can? like graffiti styles?

i had a spare headband and i tried to spray it but it got so sticky i couldn't bear to use it =\

i probably would also need a matte finish of some descript

yes just spray paint. try a matte finish. mine are perfect.

Mar 28, 2007 at 4:03 AM Post #60 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by penguindude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's still not too late to spray paint the sennheiser name and logo onto the headband! Just print it off, cut it out and spray paint!!

wink.gif
i'm not planning on it. i didn't like the logo and that's why it's sprayed over!
580smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back