HD580 paint job, take a look!
Mar 26, 2007 at 10:10 PM Post #31 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by gabedamien /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beautiful! I have been thinking that I'd love the HD650s a bit more if they were a little more aesthetically interesting... but I'm also REALLY hesitant to actually: 1) potentially screw them up, 2) destroy the resale potential (just in case), 3) lose the sennheiser logo.

For the curious: how did you do the paintjob? Just remove the grills and spraypaint? Did you prime them, use a certain kind of spraypaint, strip the original finish first, etc.?

I'm not experienced with craft/hobby paints/lacquers, so I don't see myself following suit anytime soon. But maybe someday!

i did the paint job with spray paint. i used a maroon spray paint and a gold spray paint. i didn't bother strpping the original finish first because it doesn't really matter since i was spraying it. i finished the job with a matte finish primer to dull the sparkly gold but still retain SOME of the sparkle. it's actually VERY easy. if you are hesitant i would just purchase some extra parts and just do them and see how you like them. at first i was just testing out the grills and i decided i loved them so i decided to finish the job.

edit: i also hated the sennheiser logo. so i got rid of it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 26, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #32 of 175
I took the pieces off, spraypainted them with model primer (black) that I had for my warmachines models, then took a coat of semi-gloss to them. I personally like the shiny look, that picture doesn't really do them justice, the shine doesn't look out of place in person IMO.

Mar 26, 2007 at 10:31 PM Post #33 of 175
Thanks for the replies. I might just buy some spare grills (edit: where to do this? Senn website doesn't seem to have 'em) and spray paint sometime soon.
Cheers,
-GLL

Mar 26, 2007 at 11:13 PM Post #35 of 175
Mar 26, 2007 at 11:30 PM Post #36 of 175
Screw you guys, I'm painting mine lime green.

Mar 26, 2007 at 11:48 PM Post #37 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Screw you guys, I'm painting mine lime green.

if you are kidding...then i think you shouldn't be kidding ::580smlie:. i think it would look great with lime green, but it cannot look shiiny or else it would be too much

Mar 26, 2007 at 11:55 PM Post #39 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by NtD Gr3nade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really want some now for MLG '07. I don't want to bring my HD650s with me everywhere, and it would be tight if I could get them my custom colors w/tag name on them.

tag name. psh :
580smile.gif
. senn tag sucks

Mar 27, 2007 at 1:08 AM Post #40 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you are kidding...then i think you shouldn't be kidding ::580smlie:. i think it would look great with lime green, but it cannot look shiiny or else it would be too much

Well either that or yellow. I'd probably go with yellow because yellow spray paint is easier to find.

Except that still means I need to go out and buy a bottle of yellow paint. I already have a bottle of black spraypaint in my house. Decisions decisions...

Mar 27, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #42 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well either that or yellow. I'd probably go with yellow because yellow spray paint is easier to find.

Except that still means I need to go out and buy a bottle of yellow paint. I already have a bottle of black spraypaint in my house. Decisions decisions...

it's not that expensive. you can get a small can for like 3 bucks! if you are willing to shell out 130 for these cans...why not 3 more
wink.gif

Mar 27, 2007 at 2:00 AM Post #43 of 175
Quote:

GO NEON GREEN!

Mar 27, 2007 at 2:03 AM Post #44 of 175
Quote:

Haha. i was sitting down and holding the headphones up with my toes to get a shot of the grills. and i was rubbing the smell of my feet onto the headband. the sweet delicious smell of my feet.

And THAT...is how resale value plummets...if you decide to ever let them go...please remind me not to make an offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back