HD580 paint job, take a look!
Mar 26, 2007 at 9:35 PM Post #16 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by RasmusseN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wasn't saying use the HD600 grills instead paint the headband and the HD580 grills black. I've never seen this done before and I'd imagine it would look pretty slick.

oooh i see...i'd imagine color is more exciting!
smily_headphones1.gif
i mean...black is basically the void of all colors!

Mar 26, 2007 at 9:36 PM Post #17 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like mine, painted black. "I see a green HD580 and I want it painted blaaaack."

5801.jpg

that is very nice! i think you should put some color into it though! it'll make it exciting! and you can even experiment with colors and if you don't like it...paint it black again! but i guess as they say...a different stroke for different folk

Mar 26, 2007 at 9:38 PM Post #18 of 175
very interesting mods! they really change the character of the cans (in terms of appearance!

Mar 26, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #19 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by sorrick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
very interesting mods! they really change the character of the cans (in terms of appearance!

they really give quite an impact on the sound
wink.gif
now i know that they sound great and LOOK great at the same time! audio bliss multiplies tenfold :
580smile.gif

Mar 26, 2007 at 9:57 PM Post #21 of 175
Quote:

I like mine, painted black. "I see a green HD580 and I want it painted blaaaack."

5801.jpg

that's awsome only complaint is that the headband and grill look somewhat shiny while the rest of the headphone is kinda plain like a matte finish.

Mar 26, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #24 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by RasmusseN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that's awsome only complaint is that the headband and grill look somewhat shiny while the rest of the headphone is kinda plain like a matte finish.

i agree...that's why i think you should remove the paint off the black plastic instead of painting it. i also added a matte primer on the paint-job.

Mar 26, 2007 at 10:04 PM Post #25 of 175
Quote:

5801.jpg

I think those would look insane if you were to put a bright colored trim on them like yellow or red.

Mar 26, 2007 at 10:04 PM Post #26 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by pheonix991 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like them. When I do purchase mine, I'll def. paint them. I always liked the red 595's.

these are WAY better than the red 595's
580smile.gif
better sound quality and looks way cooler with a custom paint job.

Mar 26, 2007 at 10:05 PM Post #27 of 175
Mar 26, 2007 at 10:07 PM Post #29 of 175
Beautiful! I have been thinking that I'd love the HD650s a bit more if they were a little more aesthetically interesting... but I'm also REALLY hesitant to actually: 1) potentially screw them up, 2) destroy the resale potential (just in case), 3) lose the sennheiser logo.

For the curious: how did you do the paintjob? Just remove the grills and spraypaint? Did you prime them, use a certain kind of spraypaint, strip the original finish first, etc.?

I'm not experienced with craft/hobby paints/lacquers, so I don't see myself following suit anytime soon. But maybe someday!

Mar 26, 2007 at 10:07 PM Post #30 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by lowmagnet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Classy color of brown. I'd probably go Ferrari red if I painted mine. But I'm not going to hehe.

well..to be exact...it's maroon plus a fine accent of gold to give it a very slight sparkle. but yes they do look kind of like mahogany. kind of woody like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back