HD580 paint job, take a look!
Mar 28, 2007 at 6:47 PM Post #76 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'd like to see a hot pink or electric blue/green headphone someday...

i would say that's pretty cool. now that's thinking about colors and out of the box! that'd look so much better than just black. maybe i'll get to some bright colors for girls someday
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 28, 2007 at 8:37 PM Post #78 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by lutwey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
black is beautiful. it is simple and elegant. not only that due to its simplicity the performance of product is the one that actually "shines".

common soup., if u can do that to 580s u can definetley handle the ksc57.lol

i'm also thinking about using a high quality sticker paper and printing out a headfi logo to replace the koss logo. since the deal for a special edition failed to come in to close. but they are just ideas............since i lack the "skills"

black is NOT beautiful. it's not even a color. i'm sorry, but people who just like black...hold your peace on this thread. black is boring and does not contribute to what the OP has in mind for sharing color to head-fi. i believe you should only speak up if you believe in colors
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 28, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #79 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricepicker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
black is NOT beautiful. it's not even a color. i'm sorry, but people who just like black...hold your peace on this thread. black is boring and does not contribute to what the OP has in mind for sharing color to head-fi. i believe you should only speak up if you believe in colors
smily_headphones1.gif

OP, sorry for the off topic, but I have to take this:

Ricepicker, who are you to define standards of beauty in absolute terms? Go look at some Japanese ro-iro lacquer work or a grand concert piano and tell me that black cannot be beautiful. Not to mention to claim black is "not even a color" is going to require clarification of what model you are using at the least, and a debate on semantics in all likelihood. Subtractively (i.e. "paint-mixing") black is a color, and is formed from multiple colors. Additively (i.e. light waves) black is the absence of reflected light and so arguably is not a color; but semantically, if "color" means the identity of any given object as determined by its optical qualities (hue, saturation, iridescence, reflectivity, etc.) then black is most certainly a color. Not to mention all the subtle variations of extremely dark hues most people would reflexively call black, or the historical/contextual meanings associated with black in certain artwork or in combination with other colors, or the psychological effect of black as studied in cognitive aesthetic theory, or...

It is valid and totally fine with me if you find black boring (many do) but that doesn't mean it is boring as a general fact. And I'm totally loving what the OP has done to enliven his headphones but I don't know if that gives you the right to tell others not to state THEIR opinions on black.

Pet peeve #3: people who make illogical and/or absolute claims about art and aesthetics.

Mar 28, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #80 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by gabedamien /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OP, sorry for the off topic, but I have to take this:

Ricepicker, who are you to define standards of beauty in absolute terms? Go look at some Japanese ro-iro lacquer work or a grand concert piano and tell me that black cannot be beautiful. Not to mention to claim black is "not even a color" is going to require clarification of what model you are using at the least, and a debate on semantics in all likelihood. Subtractively (i.e. "paint-mixing") black is a color, and is formed from multiple colors. Additively (i.e. light waves) black is the absence of reflected light and so arguably is not a color; but semantically, if "color" means the identity of any given object as determined by its optical qualities (hue, saturation, iridescence, reflectivity, etc.) then black is most certainly a color.

It is valid and totally fine with me if you find black boring (many do) but that doesn't mean it is boring as a general fact. And I'm totally loving what the OP has done to enliven his headphones but I don't know if that gives you the right to tell others not to state THEIR opinions on black.

Pet peeve #3: people who make illogical and/or absolute claims about art and aesthetics.

TEAM BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL!

Mar 28, 2007 at 11:31 PM Post #82 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha. good point gabe. ricepicker is a little out of line, but the same can be said for RasmusseN
wink.gif

Haha, true, true, I'm caught out. I admit to being a team black member, and concede that my statement applies equally well to RasmusseN. Sorry for the freakout, as I mentioned it is one of my few but major pet peeves (along with #1: PEOPLE WHO WALK TOO SLOW IN NARROW CORRIDORS).

Anyway, I'm looking closer at my HD650s and thinking that maybe the grills aren't removable... oh well.

Mar 29, 2007 at 12:01 AM Post #83 of 175
Quote:

Haha, true, true, I'm caught out. I admit to being a team black member, and concede that my statement applies equally well to RasmusseN. Sorry for the freakout, as I mentioned it is one of my few but major pet peeves (along with #1: PEOPLE WHO WALK TOO SLOW IN NARROW CORRIDORS).

Anyway, I'm looking closer at my HD650s and thinking that maybe the grills aren't removable... oh well.

no problem. since you guys proudly state team black. i proudly state team color!

Mar 29, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #85 of 175
Nice job. I like the color. While I am partial to black, so uch of everything is black today. Now you just need a matching stand.
wink.gif

Mar 29, 2007 at 4:41 AM Post #88 of 175
Quote:

they are look at the edges there should be a small gap you need something to pry the grill off the headphones. keep in mind this is risky as you can scratch your headphones which i did with my HD580 grills it's all good replaced them with HD600 grills just do it very gently.

Mar 29, 2007 at 5:27 AM Post #89 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
actually. it looks pretty cool with that strip of black.

Yeah it would look funny if it was all red. While the black trim looks pretty good i actually think it would look better with the blue that was on the original headband for the trim. Anyways, good work souperman. They definitly are not "boring" now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back