HD580 paint job, take a look!
Apr 1, 2007 at 9:16 PM Post #106 of 175
Yeah; kinda like black is paint or ink, or.....of all colors and white is light.

One like reflects all, the other absorbs.

and like that.
blink.gif

Apr 1, 2007 at 9:52 PM Post #107 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by gabedamien /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...going to require clarification of what model you are using at the least, and a debate on semantics in all likelihood. Subtractively (i.e. "paint-mixing") black is a color, and is formed from multiple colors. Additively (i.e. light waves) black is the absence of reflected light and so arguably is not a color; but semantically, if "color" means the identity of any given object as determined by its optical qualities (hue, saturation, iridescence, reflectivity, etc.) then black is most certainly a color...

C'mon guys... read a whole thread before posting!
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2007 at 10:40 PM Post #108 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by gabedamien /img/forum/go_quote.gif
C'mon guys... read a whole thread before posting!
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Oh my gosh! There it is! Musta missed it way back when! Oops...uh, paraphrasing and reducing to simpler terms?
tongue.gif

Apr 1, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #109 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh my gosh! There it is! Musta missed it way back when! Oops...uh, paraphrasing and reducing to simpler terms?
tongue.gif

it just means that in physics black can be seen from two aspects: the mixing of all colors or the void of all colors. an artist would argue that to make black they mix all the colors together and that would make black. but the colors you see from pigments are the colors that the pigment reflects off and therefore mixing all of them would produce black. i guess i jumped the gun on saying that black is not a color. i guess it depends on your standpoint. i just love my colored 580's more than the black 580's so i was subtly laying out comments to put a negative spin on the black ones
wink.gif
. don't take it personally, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. and my opinion is this thread!
tongue.gif

Apr 1, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #110 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it just means that in physics black can be seen from two aspects: the mixing of all colors or the void of all colors. an artist would argue that to make black they mix all the colors together and that would make black. but the colors you see from pigments are the colors that the pigment reflects off and therefore mixing all of them would produce black. i guess i jumped the gun on saying that black is not a color. i guess it depends on your standpoint. i just love my colored 580's more than the black 580's so i was subtly laying out comments to put a negative spin on the black ones
wink.gif
. don't take it personally, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. and my opinion is this thread!
tongue.gif

yeah everyone is entitled to their own opinions regarding color...your colored hd580s are real nice souperman! in my opinion, the black on hd580s is damn sexy as well. i bet some colors would look just great on these headphones more so than others, and how about we just say, your colored cans and the classic black cans both fall in the category of beautiful!

Apr 3, 2007 at 12:46 AM Post #111 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by auroraeyre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah everyone is entitled to their own opinions regarding color...your colored hd580s are real nice souperman! in my opinion, the black on hd580s is damn sexy as well. i bet some colors would look just great on these headphones more so than others, and how about we just say, your colored cans and the classic black cans both fall in the category of beautiful!

FINE! then that shall be the consensus!

Apr 5, 2007 at 12:29 AM Post #113 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chingyul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sooooo, where are the pictures?
Soup, one thing you could do is collect all the "discarded" stock grills and then swap colours in and out depending on your mood.

that sounds like a good idea, but the headband will always be one color...and the pictures are on page 1? or are you referring to other people's...

bah. i think i love my painted hd580's too much to even care about swapping colors. it's got such a wonderful tint.

Apr 7, 2007 at 7:52 PM Post #114 of 175
grillepaint1.jpg

Apr 7, 2007 at 9:43 PM Post #116 of 175
The motivation was that the cup colors (blue-grey? what was sennheiser thinking?) are terrible. I've gotten a couple of weird stares wearing them around, but no one has actually talked to me about them. Originally I wanted to do burnt orange (school color), but no one had that, so I settled for making them look pimp.

Credit goes to the OP for giving me the idea. Mad propz!

Apr 7, 2007 at 9:44 PM Post #117 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by AzN1337c0d3r /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The motivation was that the cup colors (blue-grey? what was sennheiser thinking?) are terrible. I've gotten a couple of weird stares wearing them around, but no one has actually talked to me about them. Originally I wanted to do burnt orange (school color), but no one had that, so I settled for making them look pimp.

Credit goes to the OP for giving me the idea. Mad propz!

oh awesome. i'm glad i could motivate people into putting color on the 580's!

Apr 7, 2007 at 9:46 PM Post #118 of 175
Oh BTW, they look orange in that picture hehe. It's actually gold. Guess the flash reflected off the wood and made them look orange.

Is there a Team Gold?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back