hd25-1 impressions thread
Feb 21, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #2,071 of 3,348

in case you guys havent noticed the HD25s
I'm a big fan of blur btw :p

Feb 23, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #2,072 of 3,348
My HD25s arrived on Thursday from Amazon and so far I really like them. In terms of isolation and comfort they are far superior to the V-Moda M80 (which I had to return) imo. Sound quality, to my ears is great out the box and combined with the great isolation makes for a very enjoyable listen so far!

I just had a couple of questions I hope someone can answer.

Is it correct that the box they come in isn't sealed in any way? When I opened the package from Amazon I didn't have to break any hygiene seals like I had to with the M80s and my HD558s. I should point out that I bought them brand new direct from Amazon.co.uk. 

Also where do I find the serial number (assuming they have one)? None of the codes on the bottom of the box state they are a serial number and I would like to register the product with Sennheiser.

Finally, would the HD25 benefit from a portable amp like the Fiio E11? Been tempted to get one of these for while, but don't want to spend the  money unless its really worth it.

Thanks

Feb 23, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #2,074 of 3,348
They don't come with a seal. The serial number is probably one of the numbers on the bottom of the box.

Feb 25, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #2,075 of 3,348
Hi all, long time lurker here. Thanks for the great community.

Just wondering if anyone else is having problems w/ a loose slider on the headband from recently purchased hd25s. I've returned 2 sets already, and each one has the same issue - ear cups are loose on the sliding mechanism. I chalked it up to a bad batch where I bought it from originally (B&H), but the one I ordered from amazon last week has the same issue. It's quite annoying since I have to readjust it pretty much every time I put them on.

Feb 26, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #2,076 of 3,348
Quote:

Just wondering if anyone else is having problems w/ a loose slider on the headband from recently purchased hd25s. I've returned 2 sets already, and each one has the same issue - ear cups are loose on the sliding mechanism. I chalked it up to a bad batch where I bought it from originally (B&H), but the one I ordered from amazon last week has the same issue. It's quite annoying since I have to readjust it pretty much every time I put them on.

Got the quite similar issue with my recent purchased HD25, but I dont really consider it as a serious problem at all, since I realize when they slide out of positions its because the headband clamps too tight on my head.

Feb 27, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #2,077 of 3,348
Goodwill Gold...

Not too often you find a vintage pair of Made in Germany HD 25-1 for $4.99 at a thrift shop. Of course, they looked in far worse shape when I got them, but this is only after a thorough cleaning and a new set of ear cushions.

I haven't seen pics of these exact ones anywhere else, save for the newer models made in Ireland or the 600ohm -13 model, so I thought I'd share. I use these weekly on stage and almost daily at home and they're absolutely brilliant.

Excellent proof of what a decade of use does to an HD 25-1...practically nothing.

http://imageshack.us/a/img855/7387/dsc0199rz.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img541/9829/dsc0200k.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img818/6430/dsc0201qa.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img203/6711/dsc0202lx.jpg

And it only took going through five pairs of headphones over the years to finally find what worked....

(Specifically: Stanton DJ Pro 3000 (x2) -broken-, Pioneer HDJ 1000 -broken-, Sony MDR V700 -blown-, and Bose Tri-Port -sold b/c meh.- )

Mar 1, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #2,078 of 3,348
Impressionnant!

Mar 2, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #2,079 of 3,348
Quote:

Hi,

Yes, a very annoying issue which I had to deal with too. You just can't turn your head the slightest bit or the cups drop
confused_face.gif

What I did is cut a small strip of black vinyl electrical tape in half and stuck them on the ''sliders''. Gives a good amount of friction.

Mar 2, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #2,080 of 3,348
Quote:
Goodwill Gold...

Not too often you find a vintage pair of Made in Germany HD 25-1 for $4.99 at a thrift shop. Of course, they looked in far worse shape when I got them, but this is only after a thorough cleaning and a new set of ear cushions.

I haven't seen pics of these exact ones anywhere else, save for the newer models made in Ireland or the 600ohm -13 model, so I thought I'd share. I use these weekly on stage and almost daily at home and they're absolutely brilliant.

Excellent proof of what a decade of use does to an HD 25-1...practically nothing.

http://imageshack.us/a/img855/7387/dsc0199rz.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img541/9829/dsc0200k.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img818/6430/dsc0201qa.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img203/6711/dsc0202lx.jpg

And it only took going through five pairs of headphones over the years to finally find what worked....

(Specifically: Stanton DJ Pro 3000 (x2) -broken-, Pioneer HDJ 1000 -broken-, Sony MDR V700 -blown-, and Bose Tri-Port -sold b/c meh.- )

It's kind of ironic you have a pair of $5 thriftshop headphones laying on a Gucci bag, haha. Nice snag, though.

Mar 9, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #2,082 of 3,348

These are the UBER Modded HD-25 from Custom Can. They give you a completely unique and custom paint job so they will look however you want them too but they have carried out all sorts of mods on the inside and given them a SPC upgrade cable. I am currently comparing to a stock HD-25 and i am very impressed at the differences. The Uber mod seems to be a bit louder, loses a bit of mid-bass to clear up the sound but we have a stronger, more prominent sub-bass and they also sound a tad more open which is not something to complain about at all. They are certainly more linear. More to come but i am very impressed so far. also worth mentioning they are finished just beautifully!

Mar 9, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #2,083 of 3,348
Quote:

These are the UBER Modded HD-25 from Custom Can. They give you a completely unique and custom paint job so they will look however you want them too but they have carried out all sorts of mods on the inside and given them a SPC upgrade cable. I am currently comparing to a stock HD-25 and i am very impressed at the differences. The Uber mod seems to be a bit louder, loses a bit of mid-bass to clear up the sound but we have a stronger, more prominent sub-bass and they also sound a tad more open which is not something to complain about at all. They are certainly more linear. More to come but i am very impressed so far. also worth mentioning they are finished just beautifully!

Those are wild looking, I dig. The enhanced sound definitely seems like a plus, as well. How much did that run you, if you don't mind?

Mar 10, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #2,084 of 3,348
Quote:

Hi,

Yes, a very annoying issue which I had to deal with too. You just can't turn your head the slightest bit or the cups drop
confused_face.gif

What I did is cut a small strip of black vinyl electrical tape in half and stuck them on the ''sliders''. Gives a good amount of friction.

I just received a pair from Amazon a day ago and no issues like above.  The cups hold firmly in place. 

Mar 13, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #2,085 of 3,348
Quote:

Those are wild looking, I dig. The enhanced sound definitely seems like a plus, as well. How much did that run you, if you don't mind?

These would be 260 GBP. 200 pounds if you want just the internal mods and up to 60 depending on what design you want!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back