hd25-1 impressions thread
Oct 3, 2011 at 5:09 AM Post #1,546 of 3,348

Quote:
I bought edition 8's recently, I think I prefer my HD-25-1 II's
rolleyes.gif

They are my favorite closed headphones (most used at least).
Rich bass and (IMO) excellent soundstage. If I had to choose only one they'd be on my shortlist for sure.
Truly appreciated!

thats interesting!  IMO the HD 25-1 ii doesn;t really have much of a soundstage....

Oct 3, 2011 at 5:16 AM Post #1,547 of 3,348
@ Music fan 8888

I'm glad you enjoy your HD25 now. At first, I could hardly use mine since they were too "screetchy" and sibilant. But I remembered that my AKG K420 was like that as well and that it went away after a while. Now my HD25 have quite a pleasant sound signature.

And I agree with you and CARRION FEAST - not much soundstage to talk about...

Oct 3, 2011 at 6:22 AM Post #1,548 of 3,348
I recently got my HD25-1ii and was wondering how some of you are getting this great isolation and very low to non-existent leakage? I find that it performs pretty bad in these areas, but then again these are my only on-ears so maybe this is normal coming from over-ears and IEMS? I am using the velour pads. I do gotta say that I am enjoying the sound a lot thou and the fact that I can use these while laying down is awesome too.

Oct 3, 2011 at 1:56 PM Post #1,549 of 3,348
Just like wit IEMs, a proper seal makes all the difference.  If you cannot get a proper seal, you won't get the best sound and isolation.

Oct 16, 2011 at 8:14 AM Post #1,550 of 3,348
Just recently bought the HD 25 1-ii. I tried it first with my mobile phone and it sounds great. After that, I plugged it into my computer and finnaly heard the difference between 128 and 320 music files. The vocals were more sibiliant. The instrumental on 128 kbs songs sound fake, messy and unlayered.

Can I conclude from this that my computer can power these things better?

Oct 16, 2011 at 9:32 AM Post #1,551 of 3,348

Quote:
Just recently bought the HD 25 1-ii. I tried it first with my mobile phone and it sounds great. After that, I plugged it into my computer and finnaly heard the difference between 128 and 320 music files. The vocals were more sibiliant. The instrumental on 128 kbs songs sound fake, messy and unlayered.

Can I conclude from this that my computer can power these things better?

Yeah, they improve when amped. The difference out of my IP4 vs. Apogee Duet is significant. No comment on the difference between 128 and 320 
basshead.gif

Oct 16, 2011 at 11:13 AM Post #1,552 of 3,348
I've had my hd 25-1 II for about two weeks now, gotta say, I love them!
Loved from the very first listen in a music store and now everytime I put them on.
I ordered mine from thomann.de, 166 eur + 12 eur shipping.

Oct 16, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #1,553 of 3,348
Just an anecdote regarding the cable swaps..... I have both the HD25 with the steel cable as well as the HD25C with the coiled cable. I notice no difference in SQ between the two variants.

Oct 16, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #1,555 of 3,348
It depends on the sensitivity of the headphone.  If you are wondering about an amp for HD25-1, you will not need one.  The Cowon J3 and S9 have a more powerful output than other players, I don't know about the Hifiman players, but the downside with those two players is that they sound somewhat artificial.

You could always go ipod > line-out > amp > HD25-1
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 17, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #1,556 of 3,348
HOLY ****TTTT
I just got the hd25-1 Adidas originals, omg these IMO sound much better than the M50's(except for the soundstage) 
These headphones met my every expectation, and sound like my favorite IEM's, the SE215. 
Also, how said the HD25-1's don't sound good on classical, because as far as strings they sound just like a violin sounds in real life, I've played for 6ish years. 
I can't find a weak point in these headphones, except for maybe the soundstage. 
Also any way I can make the gap between the band and my temples, and is it just me or are the headband pads a little out of center, probably just a manufacture thing. 

But anyway, I really really like these, to anyone that wants a great pair of fun sounding headphones, I would recommend the HD25 in a heart beat, and more specifically the sexy Adidasn Originals version. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back