hd25-1 impressions thread
Aug 8, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #1,444 of 3,348

Quote:
Strange.  Anyways, how many of you guys are using the velour pads or the pleather ones?
Just swapped on the velour ones couple mins ago to see how they feel sound.

I use the velour cause they're more comfortable for me. With them the sound is a little muffled, but not a ton and the comfort is more important for me.

Aug 8, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #1,445 of 3,348
Yes...I recently got mine as well...and a bit uncomfortable after 20-30 mins or so. Still trying to burn it in together with my Graham Slee Voyager and both need burnin' in roughly 500 hrs. Long way to go. I clamp it over a small pillow when not in use and hope it will help. Anyways...I really enjoy my HD 25-ii. 

Aug 8, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #1,446 of 3,348
All right, so I measured by head from ear to ear and put together a shoebox plus a packaged stack of paper which was within half a cm of what I measured and clamped the phones on and blow dried the band slightly until it was hot to the touch but not enough that I couldn't handle with my bare hands. Took the phones and just stretched them about 3 times and let them spring back then immediately took a bag of ice and put them over the band so it would stop the particles from further vibrating which stops the band from stretching/shrinking.  It has loosened up a bit but I feel one more go it should be perfect.

I caution if people wanna try this to be careful not to overstretch the band and cause pressure cracks or worse - snap the band completely.  I can't imagine that to happen to easy as when it's warm it's more pliable making it more flexible. 

Edit: That blue looks killer with the black!

Aug 13, 2011 at 8:22 PM Post #1,448 of 3,348
Just saw these in the weekend flyer.. For those of you that may be interested, Future Shop is selling the HD25 Adidas editions for $199.99.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/sennheiser-sennheiser-adidas-headphones-hd-25-originals-hd-25-originals/10168920.aspx?path=8e959887b6374a39b9ea105d614416c5en02 

Aug 14, 2011 at 2:58 AM Post #1,449 of 3,348
I just got my Pair of Adidas HD 25, and I love the fit and sound. Only thing I can complaint about is the built quality. The headband padding is glued on and I can see the glue visibly when I look for it and I think i can rip them apart accidentally. Is it because it is replaceable so it they just use cheap glue?

Say if I drop them on the beach/sandy/dusty place, all the sand/dust would be glue on to it. I am expecting something that sells for $200 to be more considerate of such detail.

Maybe mine is defective, is anyone seeing the same thing on the HD 25 from Adidas

Aug 14, 2011 at 9:10 AM Post #1,450 of 3,348
Has anybody got a pair of HD25 with a chrome color mod? I might purchase my own and mod them chrome so an image of what it looks like would be helpful 

Thanks in advance 
atsmile.gif

Aug 15, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #1,451 of 3,348

Quote:
I just got my Pair of Adidas HD 25, and I love the fit and sound. Only thing I can complaint about is the built quality. The headband padding is glued on and I can see the glue visibly when I look for it and I think i can rip them apart accidentally. Is it because it is replaceable so it they just use cheap glue?

Say if I drop them on the beach/sandy/dusty place, all the sand/dust would be glue on to it. I am expecting something that sells for $200 to be more considerate of such detail.

Maybe mine is defective, is anyone seeing the same thing on the HD 25 from Adidas

I have the non adidas version and had change pads a few times, yes is glue and if you tore appart a bit you can see the glue , you're right. but I dont think they'll come appart by accident.
this is one of the headphones, and there are a lot, in wich you pay for the sound not the look. and construction wise is very tough.

still not as band as earpads with reusable glue, IMO.

Aug 15, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #1,453 of 3,348
^^ How long do you burn this in? I burned it in out of the box, for 7 hours, ang have been using it periodocally.... So, i don't know if it is in it's full potential now. He He..

Aug 15, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #1,454 of 3,348
I actually opened my pair of HD25 Adidas at the beach (don't ask, the story is way too long to tell). No dust or sand got into them, and they sound great. Super comfortable with the velour pads compared to my grados (and similar sound signature as well, which i like). My only complaint is that the velour pads didn't come in blue
triportsad.gif
, but they make such great portables.

Quote:

Regarding the burn in, I've read you need to burn them in for 100-200 hours for them to be at their peak (not sure about this though). I've burned them in for about 25 hours now and notice no significant change

Aug 15, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #1,455 of 3,348
Where is the use of burning in? Just use them and have fun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back