hd25-1 impressions thread
Jun 29, 2011 at 9:41 AM Post #1,351 of 3,348
Thank you, I certainly hope so. I decided to buy better headphones after buying my first non-iBuds earbuds, the V-Moda Bass Freqs (I remember that day, I was ecstatic. "How come headphones can sound DIFFERENT from each other?"). Needless to say, considering my lenghty music collection, I loved them, at least until they broke. After learning that they sucked, I did some pretty lenghty research (2 months) and eventually I settled on the HD 25-1s. If I like those as much as I hope to, well, then I am indeed truly sorry for my wallet's future
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:
that is gonna be some humongous step up! congrats you are not gonna regret it.

Jun 29, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #1,352 of 3,348
Hah, your wallet might actually thank you. The HDs are a really great investment, IMO. Someone around here mentioned that owners of these have "unusually high rates of satisfaction". They sure made me not care how more expensive/"better" headphones sound.

Jul 5, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #1,353 of 3,348
I guess I need to consider a second pair...

I picked up some Adidas Originals and spent all of a 2 days with them before my girl friend's son stole them to try them out.  That was for two days before I could steel them back for another day of listening.  Then my girl gave them a quick listen and decided they not only looked cool but sounded amazing.  I think they are gone for good now. 
confused.gif

I can only echo praise for these little portables.  I was quite impressed with the short listen I got, they were really enjoyable.  Isolation and comfort both surprised me.

Impressed enough that I am watching for a good price... I think this time I'll go with less bling, straight black.  They might not be so attractive to family and friends that way!

Jul 5, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #1,354 of 3,348
Dem mids, man.
How should I put it... mildly organic?  And so clean, spacious, and full with pretty good balance.

Jul 7, 2011 at 4:41 AM Post #1,355 of 3,348
Awesome headphones. Everything is livelier and more energetic with them. And they are comfortable and not fatiguing IMO

Jul 7, 2011 at 12:20 PM Post #1,356 of 3,348
Can someone post a link to the headphile cable upgrade for the HD-25-1? (IDK why search didn't work??)
Also, another question: is there anything one can do to enhance the looks of the HD-25-1? any suggestions?

Thanks in adv.

I don't own one yet, but these seem to be the only solution for my quest for a portable, rugged AND good sounding pair of cans...

Jul 7, 2011 at 1:54 PM Post #1,357 of 3,348

Here's the Link for the Headphile cable. As for the look you can get the Adidas version or get Custom paint from this site.

Cheers! 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Can someone post a link to the headphile cable upgrade for the HD-25-1? (IDK why search didn't work??)
Also, another question: is there anything one can do to enhance the looks of the HD-25-1? any suggestions?

Thanks in adv.

I don't own one yet, but these seem to be the only solution for my quest for a portable, rugged AND good sounding pair of cans...

Jul 7, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #1,359 of 3,348
Had the HD25-1 adidas versions for a week and loved them. I have been trying out a few closed headphones the past few months Shure 840 was very uncomfortable SRH440 was meh I personally did not like the shure sound signature. The HD25-1s are amazing with a very wide soundstage and I loved hearing music on it. Anybody have both AD700 and HD25-1 ? I find their sound very similar with more bass, amazing isolation and a very small size.

Unfortunately they are very expensive here in Canada and have to wait for a decent sale :)

Jul 7, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #1,362 of 3,348

Quote:
Had the HD25-1 adidas versions for a week and loved them. I have been trying out a few closed headphones the past few months Shure 840 was very uncomfortable SRH440 was meh I personally did not like the shure sound signature. The HD25-1s are amazing with a very wide soundstage and I loved hearing music on it. Anybody have both AD700 and HD25-1 ? I find their sound very similar with more bass, amazing isolation and a very small size.

Unfortunately they are very expensive here in Canada and have to wait for a decent sale :)

I used to have AD700 for some time, I certainly would never describe those two as anything remotely similar to each other.

Jul 7, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #1,363 of 3,348
why do people keep talking about the "soundstage" of the HD25? i must be deaf because I cant detect any soundstage, or too little, its almost a grado.

Good soundstage for a small closed can. Also comparing with srh440 each instruments were very well separated which to me added the feeling of spaciouness. In simpler terms the music was around my head and not inside :)

Jul 7, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #1,364 of 3,348

Quote:
Good soundstage for a small closed can. Also comparing with srh440 each instruments were very well separated which to me added the feeling of spaciousness. In simpler terms the music was around my head and not inside
smily_headphones1.gif

x2
Source matters however.  It's soundstage is hardly noteworthy out of my J3, but out of my desktop rig I feel it improves noticeably.

Jul 8, 2011 at 5:36 AM Post #1,365 of 3,348
I am thinking of amping my HD25s. What can you recommend for under $150? Thanks! Listening mostly to rock tracks and through my iPod 4th Gen and iPhone 4 BTW. Thanks again! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back