hd25-1 impressions thread
Oct 11, 2015 at 7:42 AM Post #2,612 of 3,348
I see

Thanks for reply, is the oyaide cable better than original cable? Or maybe worse? Or maybe similar?

I like it better than the original. I bought it in read, so you have a nice black and red design. It's also shorter than the original which suits my needs better. Sound wise, I didn't hear any specific difference. It certainly didn't sound worse than the original.

Cheers,
K

Oct 11, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #2,613 of 3,348
I see
I like it better than the original. I bought it in read, so you have a nice black and red design. It's also shorter than the original which suits my needs better. Sound wise, I didn't hear any specific difference. It certainly didn't sound worse than the original.

Cheers,
K

I see, mine one is aluminium body, so no matter I choose blue or white or red or yellow its looks funny. Think just go with the black lol

Oct 11, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #2,614 of 3,348
I see
I see, mine one is aluminium body, so no matter I choose blue or white or red or yellow its looks funny. Think just go with the black lol

You are right, it might look funny. Here is the black with red, sorry for the DT770 who pushed itself into the picture, naughty headphone.

Cheers,
K

Oct 13, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #2,616 of 3,348
Hi All,

I have a pair of hd25-1 ii headphones and ever since I have owned them (from new, from Amazon) the left ear-cup arm (the arm which swivels) has had a tendency to work its way loose over time until the arm dangles freely towards the ground at whichever angle the headphones are held.

It is a quick fix,to tighten the screw, but when deliberately rotating the swiveling arm, the screw works its way loose very quickly and it's long been a source of subtle frustration for me.

Does anyone else have experience with this issue? I was thinking of applying loctite to the screw but I don't know of this is a 'proper' fix.

Thanks for your help.

Oct 13, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #2,617 of 3,348
Well, think of this as one of the great advantages of the HD25 - a quick twist of a screw solves the problem. I just love the self repairabilty of the HD 25 and it's ilk.

With another headphone it may well have to be sent away for repair.

Personally I'd just live with it and tighten it up every now and then. I certainly wouldn't Loctite it

Oct 13, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #2,618 of 3,348
Or buy a replacement headband from Sennheiser.

Oct 14, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #2,619 of 3,348
Hi guys,

As the owner of my old and faithful pair of HD25, I was wondering if the HD26 Pro could be a worthy upgrade?

Any opinion on this? Thanks 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 14, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #2,620 of 3,348
  Hi guys,

As the owner of my old and faithful pair of HD25, I was wondering if the HD26 Pro could be a worthy upgrade?

Any opinion on this? Thanks 
smily_headphones1.gif

Here you go: http://www.head-fi.org/t/659681/auditioned-sennheiser-hd-26-pro

Oct 15, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #2,623 of 3,348
Well, think of this as one of the great advantages of the HD25 - a quick twist of a screw solves the problem. I just love the self repairabilty of the HD 25 and it's ilk.

With another headphone it may well have to be sent away for repair.

Personally I'd just live with it and tighten it up every now and then. I certainly wouldn't Loctite it

Thanks for the replies!

I'll just stick to tightening via my nail every now and then. No big deal.

Thanks,

Oct 18, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #2,625 of 3,348
Picked up my pair yesterday from Amazon for £114. Authenticity checked out good so now I'm just letting them sing. Great headphones for the stuff I listen to (electronic & psychedelic), bass isn't over the top or too weak, highs are nice and sparkly. I've got some violet velour ear & headband pads on the way, made by Zomo. :D

Main reason I actually bought a pair of these is because Solar Fields can be seen wearing a pair on the digipak art for his & Aes Dana's HUVA Network album, Distances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back