hd25-1 impressions thread
Jun 29, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #2,132 of 3,348
Quote:

Reposition the springs that make the connection between the voice coil wires and cable pins.

After carefully removing the baffle with a very small flat-head screwdriver or Xacto knife, move the voice coil leads to the sides a bit and pull that white piece out to gain access to the springs or just press down on the springs' long end sticking out beyond that plastic in the photo to reseat them.

Thank you MAD MAX!!  THANK YOU!!

I finally got the courage (and time) to fix this problem. It feels so good to do something myself... wow, I can now understand why so many people are into DIY stuff. Doing this ONE little fix has made me feel so euphoric!! lol

I just made a video showing how I reset the springs using tweezer....  http://youtu.be/WRXYgfIkX18

Jul 6, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #2,133 of 3,348
After being led to this post by Google, I'm curious about how the sound will change by adding some of my Akasa Paxmate Plus open-cell acoustic foam in the cups.  It will passify the sound and impact for sure, and who knows what else.

Quote:
I've always been curious about the Grados now that I like the Sennheiser HD25's so much. Can you give me more description about the similarities/differences of Grados225 vs HD25 I-II?

Both have aggressive sound attack, SR225 more than HD25.  Both offer up-front sountstage, SR225 more than HD25 at that as well.  Everything else is quite different, you should spend time with one if you can.  I'm sure you're read about Grados around here and noticed the polarized reactions to them.

Jul 15, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #2,134 of 3,348
I received a little package today, and it was my cable order from Brian @ BTG Audio...

Brain refers to it as his "midnight series SPC"  Its a 4 strand SPC cable (I wanted 8 strand but it wouldn't fit in the headband channel) with a mini-4 pin XLR end.  I then had 4 end pieces made for different sources/amps.  The end in the picture is the RSA end for my CLAS db/Rx Mk3 combo.

I was trying to tell myself not to expect too much, but wow!  The HD25s always had fun bass, but the mids tend to suffer for it.  Not anymore.  Instrument definition and separation have increased dramatically.  The first song I listened to was Stevie Wonder's "Superstition", and I always had a hard time picking up the electric guitar playing rhythm support.  Stevie's electric piano/organ from the 70's always seemed to overwhelm the guitar.  I heard them both perfectly, with precision.

Just an awesome change...

Jul 17, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #2,136 of 3,348
"hd25 case" brings up nice-looking results in eBay search.

Jul 23, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #2,140 of 3,348
Jul 24, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #2,141 of 3,348
Just joined the H25 club a week ago...these are possibly my favorite closed cans to date. Love my DT770 LEs but the HD25 have new toy syndrome for me at the moment. They remind me a bit of the TF10 which is good, although they are noticeably more neutral...and thankfully more durable. I have no qualms chucking these bad boys into my bike bag, just wrap the cable and go; I did the same with my PX100 for a while but I bought a case for them recently because I don't see them enduring such treatment in the long run. The HD25, on the other hand, make me feel no fear.

Jul 30, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #2,143 of 3,348
Doesn't look like there's any at this time.  You could keep an eye out for refurbs or buy a new silver Amperior from vminnovations ($180).

Jul 30, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #2,144 of 3,348
It couldn't hurt to reach out to the owner of Razordog Audio.  He's a member here (but I can't think of his user name), and he tends to be generous to Head-Fiers.  That's where I got mine from, several years ago...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back