[GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More
Dec 30, 2011 at 7:15 PM Post #676 of 1,845

Quote:
When i received my C2.1 i tested using my C2.1 with OPA moon like on my m-stage , and ACSS :

Furthemore some prefer RCA Mode with the right opamp ^^ , and i don't have tryed many with C2.1  .

Thank you for your comparison comments!
biggrin.gif

Dec 31, 2011 at 5:54 AM Post #677 of 1,845
I was the owner of matrix m stage and my friend had lovely cube. thats why Im talking about my experience with both amps. they are both very good but I found lovely cube better sounding. If you little more experienced then you could make it even better by removing some caps, changing potentiometr (which isnt so good sounding) etc etc. anyway lovely cube is great choice for start.
My friend wrote great review but its in polish so I doubt it will help you. Maybe you can find translation for it.
Anyway here it is:

http://forum.mp3store.pl/topic/74416-lovely-cube-chinski-klon-%26-8220%3Bczarnej-kostki-liniowej%26-8221%3B/

and translator:

http://translate.google.pl/#pl|en|

on the left you copy polish text and mark polski above, on the right you mark angielski and press tlumacz:)

Dec 31, 2011 at 9:16 AM Post #678 of 1,845
Quote:
Is it normal if an allegedly new DT880 Pro has noticeably less clamping force than a DT770 Pro ?

Can anyone compare ? I am worried about having been sold used/refurbished as "new" for a not particularly cheap price, and there are other suspicious signs like scratches on the silver grey plastic 
mad.gif
Although the difference is large enough that it must be a really beaten up pair if the looser fit than that of an older and regularly used DT770 is not intentional.

Dec 31, 2011 at 9:34 AM Post #679 of 1,845
Long term summary of my Beyer DT 880 Premium 600 ohm.

I now have had these for several months and due to being ill for nearly a month, I have had more than usual time to listen to these headphones. I have also simplified my audio setup. I use an iPod Classic with Apple Universal Dock and line out RCA cable direct into my Little Dot MKIV. I was using my laptop with an optical out to a DAC and then into the tube amp.

I actually prefer my current setup without the DAC. The iPod Classic was a Christmas present and allows me to have all my music on it. Sounds great in my simple setup.

Genres. I listen to everything. Preference jazz, blues and classical. But I do listen to everything. Since spending more and more hours with the headphones I find listening to more and more jazz, blues and classical and finding more and more wow moments in the music.

As I type this , I'm listening to some 60s music and it's stunning presentation thru these cans.

I feel the soundstage gets bigger and bigger and the hours have evolved. The tone of these cans is marvellous. So realistic, natural, accurate and full of depth but also very musical.

Bass is perfect. Plenty. But not over kill and not too light or basic. I really recommend these headphones to anyone. You won't need another pair. And my word they are so comfy.

With other genres like rock, these are fantastic. Queen never sounded so good.

These do nothing badly but do everything really well. I do think my Little Dot amp gels brilliantly. Especially with my fav genres.

Currently got James Brown playing. Oh boy it sounds awesome.

Having the Classic on shuffle all songs creates a fun listening experience.

I would also add that specs aren't everything. You have to enjoy what you hear. And I am in audio heaven.

In case you are wondering. These are the best cans I have ever ever bought. And would only replace them with another pair!

Dec 31, 2011 at 7:26 PM Post #680 of 1,845
Hi,
Im going to buy beyerdynamic 990pro 250ohm or 990 premium 600ohm, pro's cost 170$ premium's cost 295$, is it worth to pay extra 125$ for premium's ? I mean is the sound really better or there is just a minor improvement ? They will be my first hi-end headphones so i dont know what to expct while i cant try them out myself, and i want to make a good purchase :) btw im expecting darkvoice 336se to arrive shortly :)
Thanks for help !!

Dec 31, 2011 at 9:07 PM Post #681 of 1,845
The Pro and Premium 250Ohm variants use the exact same drivers. The Premium model has an arier signature due to it having less clamping force. The Pro's have more clamping force and have stronger bass. I would say get the Pro model as they are the same phone and as a added plus have more bass.

Quote:
Hi,
Im going to buy beyerdynamic 990pro 250ohm or 990 premium 600ohm, pro's cost 170$ premium's cost 295$, is it worth to pay extra 125$ for premium's ? I mean is the sound really better or there is just a minor improvement ? They will be my first hi-end headphones so i dont know what to expct while i cant try them out myself, and i want to make a good purchase :) btw im expecting darkvoice 336se to arrive shortly :)
Thanks for help !!

Jan 2, 2012 at 4:40 AM Post #682 of 1,845
I'm trying to figure out if the DT990 PRO (coupled with a ZO V3 on the way) is the way to go if I want a sound similar to my JVC FXT90 earphones. I listen to a variety of music, from classic rock to dubstep to trance to chillout, and composers who defy genres such as the likes of Mike Oldfield and Craig Armstrong. All of this music sounds brilliant (to me) on the FXT90s, the sparkly trebles and sound stage are lovely plus the bass (once properly EQ'd). Your feedback is most appreciated.

Jan 2, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #683 of 1,845

Quote:
Hi,
Thanks for help !!

I have the DT990 premium 600 Ohm and love them. I think Zombie_X misread your post thinking you were hesitating between the 250 Ohm pro and 250 Ohm premium. I don't think the 600 Ohm premium uses the same drivers as the 250 Ohm pro, maybe someone can correct me?

Jan 2, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #684 of 1,845

Quote:
Hi,
Thanks for help !!

I can only tell you that my DT880/600 ohm sound GREAT with my La Figaro 336C, I highly recommend this combo.
But I do like the DT990 series.
The higher impedance of the 600 ohm 'phones is a better match for the Dark Voice or La Figaro 336 series than a 250 ohm 'phone.

Jan 3, 2012 at 4:37 AM Post #685 of 1,845
I have the DT990 premium 600 Ohm and love them. I think Zombie_X misread your post thinking you were hesitating between the 250 Ohm pro and 250 Ohm premium. I don't think the 600 Ohm premium uses the same drivers as the 250 Ohm pro, maybe someone can correct me?

I would be curious to know this too, that is if the same drivers are used. If so, I can buy some DT990 Pro 250 ohms as they are half the price as the Premium 600 ohm. I can't afford now the Premium 600. I just want to have the Beyer sound range.

Jan 3, 2012 at 4:40 AM Post #686 of 1,845
Having the Pro 250ohm DT990 and Premium DT990/600 in person at the same time, I could tell you that the Pros had an uncomfortable amount of mid bass, whereas the DT990s bass is strong but didn't ever bother me. What I did like about the Pros was that the treble didn't spike as much as it does on the Premiums, and I prefer the comfort/clamp of the Pros.

Jan 3, 2012 at 5:56 AM Post #687 of 1,845
Quote:
I would be curious to know this too, that is if the same drivers are used. If so, I can buy some DT990 Pro 250 ohms as they are half the price as the Premium 600 ohm. I can't afford now the Premium 600. I just want to have the Beyer sound range.

Obviously, the drivers cannot be the same if they are of different impedance. You could buy the DT990 Pro, and then mod it with the 600 Ohm drivers that are available as spare parts, but I am not sure if that is really worth it, or if it is even cheaper than just buying the DT990-600 in the first place (I do not know if the price of the drivers is for a pair, or just a single one).

Jan 3, 2012 at 6:53 AM Post #688 of 1,845
I have just gotten the DT880/600 and i love them but I had the DT990 Pros (need 85 dollars to fix then:{ .) I am thinking about getting a Valahalla from Schiit. I am hoping that i can sell this this Sony Viao for about 500$ so i can get the DT 900 Pros fixed and the valahalla or I'll Never hear my DT990 "Bassmasters" again. :{ 

Jan 3, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #689 of 1,845

Quote:
Hi,
Thanks for help !!

Go read the very first post in this thread, that will probably answer your questions.
Beyer claims that their higher impedance drivers (600 ohm) are lighter, and therefore respond better to the signal.............once again, two thumbs up for your 336 purchase!

Jan 8, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #690 of 1,845
Try to get myself to add the Beyer DT990 Pro 250-Ohm ($180) to my collection.
Someone please post some positive reasons for buying the DT990 Pro 250-Ohm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back