Grado vs Sennheiser vs AudioTechnica
Sep 29, 2012 at 9:05 AM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Yes.. Dat treble...

I'm gonna need to have another good listen to the HE-500 again... Both you and TwinQY are saying the HE-400 have better controlled bass but from my personal experience I found the HE-500 to be very well controlled as well, even better than the HE-400... Maybe because the HE-500 I auditioned for a long time had Silver cables?? Either way, it seems like we have a disagreement here so I will happily try the HE-500 again and report back.

Quote:

Yes.. Dat treble...

I'm gonna need to have another good listen to the HE-500 again... Both you and TwinQY are saying the HE-400 have better controlled bass but from my personal experience I found the HE-500 to be very well controlled as well, even better than the HE-400... Maybe because the HE-500 I auditioned for a long time had Silver cables?? Either way, it seems like we have a disagreement here so I will happily try the HE-500 again and report back.

I doubt the differences between the bass is a deal breaker by any means. 

Sep 29, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #18 of 18
Quote:
Forget ATH if you care about classical music.

I prefer the ATH-AD900 to the Grado 225i and to Sennheiser HD600, due to its soundstage and instrument separation. Not to mention that it works great without an amp, so no extra costs.
There have been quite a few posts here on how bad are Grados for classical music. I am assuming that you meant a variety of classical music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back