Grado RS1i Impressions thread
Jan 6, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #2,026 of 2,110
  In my opinion, the RS1(i), are the two models that have the strongest following among all Grados.
And not too far behind the RS1(i), even though the opinions are biased, some people really like the SR325(i)(is)(e). The GH-1/G too, seem to be liked by almost everyone that tries them.
You already know this Joseph, but for those who don't, when I write RS1(i), I mean both, the RS1, and RS1i. If I write GH-1/G, I mean GH-1, with G-cush, same goes for my SR80e/L, etc...

I agree 100%.
Yes, I know what you mean when your talking about the RS1/GH1/G.

Jan 6, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #2,027 of 2,110
  I agree 100%.
Yes, I know what you mean when your talking about the RS1/GH1/G.

Abreviations save time, but we all have to be on the same page regarding their meaning, otherwise it creates confusion, and ends up taking twice as long to clarify what we mean.

Jan 6, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #2,028 of 2,110
  Abreviations save time, but we all have to be on the same page regarding their meaning, otherwise it creates confusion, and ends up taking twice as long to clarify what we mean.

Yeah, if I can't figure it out, I always ask so I know.
beerchug.gif

Jan 8, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #2,029 of 2,110

I can attest to this, everything in aviation is abbreviations, so when someone does not understand one, then it becomes a huge time expenditure to explain it. That being said, most of the time, pilots know what they are talking about... I think :p

Jan 8, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #2,030 of 2,110

I can attest to this, everything in aviation is abbreviations, so when someone does not understand one, then it becomes a huge time expenditure to explain it. That being said, most of the time, pilots know what they are talking about... I think :p

You ''think''!,
eek.gif

I pray, that pilots know what's up.
redface.gif

Jan 8, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #2,031 of 2,110

You ''think''!,
eek.gif

I pray, that pilots know what's up.
redface.gif

I fly, and have heard the most ridiculous things on the radio.

Jan 8, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #2,032 of 2,110
Jan 8, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #2,033 of 2,110
As long as it doesn't put people's safety is jeopardy.

Miscommunication generally jeopardizes safety since it compromises the integrity of the whole aviation system in that specific region. So there is a risk.

Jan 8, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #2,034 of 2,110

When I read this, my first reaction is just LOL
I get abbreviations like "ur"
And BTW and 2NIGHT and e'en more text-spell
Like R-O-T-F-L-M-A-O, sir!

Jan 8, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #2,035 of 2,110
Miscommunication generally jeopardizes safety since it compromises the integrity of the whole aviation system in that specific region. So there is a risk.

That's what I was afraid of.

The same is true in the medical world. I consider myself, a pro active patient, wich means that I ask a lot of questions, add to that the fact that I spend so much time in the hospital, and that I hate not knowing what an abreviation means, and I've picked up on many of their latin ''mumbo jumbo'' abreviations.

Jan 20, 2016 at 1:55 AM Post #2,036 of 2,110
  If you are OK with stacking a DAP with the Chord Mojo, I think that is the better option. However the Mojo has its own set of issues to resolve. I made a thread specifically for newcomers about Mojo Issues and Solutions. http://www.head-fi.org/t/788913/chord-mojo-issue-solutions-thread It's only a short thread so you can grasp what's going on.

All Mojo users in the Official Mojo Thread say the Mojo out-performs the Astell & Kern 100 or 120. Users of all A&K daps are now using them as file transports stacked with a Mojo. http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-read-the-third-post-for-updated-info

However for simpler portability a DAP on its own is easier. If you already have a DAP though and can pair it with the Mojo, it's the cheaper option. Bear in mind your DAP battery life will be shorter when paired with a Mojo, than working alone.

Technically too, the Mojo can work in desktop mode. Again I advise see the Mojo Issues Solutions thread. I have outlined the things people came across and what solutions were discovered, all in one place. I read the whole (huge) Official Mojo Thread and drew all the info from there.

Apparently the Mojo sounds great with Grado. Hardly surprising.

I have to thank you for the recommendation. I have had the MOJO for about a week and I can say it is amazing.  As I type this I am listening to Cat Stevens on my MacBook and I cant believe the sound. My RS1i's sound wonderful. 

Jan 20, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #2,037 of 2,110
@boyd32450

I got a Mojo a back in November. I started reading the Mojo thread while it was in delivery. I noticed a couple of things that worried me. The result was I left it unopened when it arrived. Amazon have this crazy-good policy where anything bought in November and December can returned up to end of January. It meant no pressure and I read more and asked more. Anyway recently I opened it. Unfortunately I have a faulty one, so it needs to go back. However I have for three days been able to listen to it. At first I was quite impressed and A-B listened to it switching with my Meridian Explorer. I did expect more though. However I think it needs some time to burn in.

What I am doing now is listening to it without swapping with the Meridian DAC. Last night I was hearing quite a variety of nuances in music that I never noticed. What it does is make sounds that are perfectly perceptible with the Meridian Explorer but I never noticed, stand clear. The Meridian Explorer too has house sound and it is deep rich tones. It will be interesting to see if the Mojo gets closer to those with burn in. It's pretty close out of the box. The Mojo is ahead in every other aspect though. It actually makes some music that I was only half keen on, now likable. The extra detail is what does it.

Anyway keeping on topic, I can only imagine what the Mojo is like with RS1i. As said last night was quite an experience and my headphones are only lowly SR225e. From what I read about the RS1i they must be real tear-jerking beauty in sound. My 225e are maxed out by the Mojo. They are however capable of doing some amazing stuff. I can however hear where the Mojo wants to soar to, and I think the RS1i would be perfect for that. (Amazing how saying stuff like that last sentence almost induces tears.)

I think the beauty of the Chord Mojo and Chord Hugo are their analogue sounding performance. Many say the Hugo is like being taken back to turntable days. Apparently Chord don't use off the shelf DAC chips. They programme an FPGA that does much more extensive, deeper, and accurate conversion. Eventually, someone was going to get it right, I guess. (No disrespect to other DACs, as I love my Meridian Explorer.)

I am really happy for you.
(NB Some say this cable takes the Mojo up another level. http://www.qed.co.uk/hdmi-and-digital/digital-data/reference-usb-a-b-micro.htm)

Mar 18, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #2,038 of 2,110
hi 
Recently I want to buy a RS1i to replace my RS2e. My friend told me that there are many difference among RS1i, though not as much as Rs1. He said the batch in 2009 could have best sound. Is it true? How can I tell if a Rs1i is 09 or not?
any other suggestion? I usually listen to string chamber music and rock music using RS2e.

thanks

Mar 18, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #2,039 of 2,110
  hi 
Recently I want to buy a RS1i to replace my RS2e. My friend told me that there are many difference among RS1i, though not as much as Rs1. He said the batch in 2009 could have best sound. Is it true? How can I tell if a Rs1i is 09 or not?
any other suggestion? I usually listen to string chamber music and rock music using RS2e.

thanks

An RS1i is going to sound like an RS1i…the year doesn't matter. 
Besides, it would be almost impossible to know what year they were specifically made.
The RS2e is very highly regarded…did you hear the RS1i and prefer it over your RS2e?

Mar 19, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #2,040 of 2,110
  An RS1i is going to sound like an RS1i…the year doesn't matter. 
Besides, it would be almost impossible to know what year they were specifically made.
The RS2e is very highly regarded…did you hear the RS1i and prefer it over your RS2e?

No I haven't tried any RS1. Actually RS2e is my only Grado headphone
I am using a microZOTL 2.0 to drive my RS2e, the sound is really good, I just wondering if RS1i could go to a higher level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back