Grado RS1i Impressions thread
Dec 19, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #1,981 of 2,110
But…the PS1K has the richest vocals of all the Grado's I've heard.
I'm just waiting for my PS1Ke to burn-in and see if the vocals are as rich.

At this point in time, the PS1000 is way too rich for my blood, especially with the crappy Canadian Dollar... One day though, one day...

Dec 19, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #1,982 of 2,110
At this point in time, the PS1000 is way too rich for my blood, especially with the crappy Canadian Dollar... One day though, one day...

I'm sure you will one day!
beerchug.gif

Dec 19, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #1,983 of 2,110
Dec 19, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #1,984 of 2,110

Thanks Buddy.:beerchug:

By the way, as much as I like my PS1k, my GH-1, and mt HP1000, when I listen to female vocals, or small venue recordings in general, I prefer my RS1, to all of them.

How about you?   

Funny you should ask this, I had my RS1i on last night listening to the Carpenters and Karen's voice sounded like she was singing to me! Grado' in generaal just has the best vocals.

Stop this :)
You make me want to get out the rs1i and start listening to it..

:)

Honestly and I do recommend this to those that favour the woodies, is to have rs2i and rs1i together. These duos compliment each other very very well.

Dec 19, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #1,985 of 2,110
Dec 20, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #1,987 of 2,110

Found the beer frig dead this afternoon. So had to transfer bottles to a cooler with ice packs. But the growler won't fit. So now what am I gonna do?

Dec 20, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #1,988 of 2,110

Found the beer frig dead this afternoon. So had to transfer bottles to a cooler with ice packs. But the growler won't fit. So now what am I gonna do?

HA!  You might know that Grado made some limited-run headphones from the oak of Bushmill's Irish Whisky casks.  I have been advocating for a run of specialty Grados made from the bottoms of bottles of New York beer.  you might be giving them a head start here!

Dec 23, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #1,990 of 2,110
If you are OK with stacking a DAP with the Chord Mojo, I think that is the better option. However the Mojo has its own set of issues to resolve. I made a thread specifically for newcomers about Mojo Issues and Solutions. http://www.head-fi.org/t/788913/chord-mojo-issue-solutions-thread It's only a short thread so you can grasp what's going on.

All Mojo users in the Official Mojo Thread say the Mojo out-performs the Astell & Kern 100 or 120. Users of all A&K daps are now using them as file transports stacked with a Mojo. http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-read-the-third-post-for-updated-info

However for simpler portability a DAP on its own is easier. If you already have a DAP though and can pair it with the Mojo, it's the cheaper option. Bear in mind your DAP battery life will be shorter when paired with a Mojo, than working alone.

Technically too, the Mojo can work in desktop mode. Again I advise see the Mojo Issues Solutions thread. I have outlined the things people came across and what solutions were discovered, all in one place. I read the whole (huge) Official Mojo Thread and drew all the info from there.

Apparently the Mojo sounds great with Grado. Hardly surprising.

Dec 23, 2015 at 4:29 AM Post #1,991 of 2,110
  If you are OK with stacking a DAP with the Chord Mojo, I think that is the better option. However the Mojo has its own set of issue to resolve. I made a thread specifically for newcomers about Mojo Issues and Solutions. http://www.head-fi.org/t/788913/chord-mojo-issue-solutions-thread It's only a short thread so you can grasp what's going on.

All Mojo users in the Official Mojo Thread say the Mojo out-performs the Astell & Kern 100 or 120. Users of all A&K daps are now using them as file transports stacked with a Mojo. http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-read-the-third-post-for-updated-info

However for simpler portability a DAP on its own is easier. If you already have a DAP though and can pair it with the Mojo, it's the cheaper option. Bear in mind your DAP battery life will be shorter when paired with a Mojo, than working alone.

Technically too, the Mojo can work in desktop mode. Again I advise see the Mojo Issues Solutions thread. I have outlined the things people came across and what solutions were discovered, all in one place. I read the whole (huge) Official Mojo Thread and drew all the info from there.

Apparently the Mojo sounds great with Grado. Hardly surprising.

I have a fiio x5ii and an e12a amp. I own a MacBook Pro and watch movies on it. The e12a seems to make the music alot more dynamic.

Dec 24, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #1,992 of 2,110

I am lucky enough to be able to be auditioning the @AiristAudio Heron 5 (H5) solid state headphone amplifier as part of a loaner program. It delivers 5 watts into 32 ohms!!! Too much power for the RS1i? I think not! I knew that the Grado RS1i benefited from amplification (imho) but what the H5 does for the sub-bass and treble extension of the RS1i's is surreal!

Jan 2, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #1,993 of 2,110
As an owner of the RS1i/e Frankenstein transitional headphones, I thought that I would look for an RS1e thread here on Head-fi. Nothing, except for a lot of adverts from people who are selling their RS1e.That speaks for itself... My RS1i/e are now banished to a friend's house, for when I need headphones there. Last time that I used them, I thought that they were improving after A LOT of burn-in. I hope to be spending some time with them over the next week. Here's hoping...

Jan 2, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #1,995 of 2,110
Amictus, what color are the drivers through the grill?
Are they red or black?

Red. 1/4'' jack on the cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back