Grado RS1i Impressions thread
Jun 21, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #1,186 of 2,110

Well, it wont be any time soon, but I think eventually it will happen.

I love them to death....it just becomes that they deserve most head time than they are receiving sort of thin

I understand that, part of the reason I returned the RS1i in the first place was because I thought the HD800 that I already owned more than made up for the need of a reference class headphone.

Jun 21, 2014 at 9:26 PM Post #1,187 of 2,110

I understand that, part of the reason I returned the RS1i in the first place was because I thought the HD800 that I already owned more than made up for the need of a reference class headphone.

yeah, to be honest....that is my problem....I love the rs1i....but I just don't reach for it that much, I enjoy it when I do......but I am usually listening to the hd800

Jun 21, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #1,188 of 2,110

yeah, to be honest....that is my problem....I love the rs1i....but I just don't reach for it that much, I enjoy it when I do......but I am usually listening to the hd800

Ah hah, I see in your sig that at one time you owned the HD650 as well, so did I and I made the jump to the HD800 and have been very happy with it.  But having owed the PS500e for a few weeks it has made me realize there might be something to this e series that I'm not willing to give up on the RS1 just yet.

Jun 21, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #1,189 of 2,110
*snip

I have actually been thinking about selling my rs1i and adding a planar and using a 225i for my grado fix.

I've done this, and kept an older Sr325, and while they were great cans in their own right, the damn Rs1 has messed with my mind!

When I had a whole bunch of Grados next to each other, I felt like I could pursue other headphones and just keep anything from an Sr60 to Rs2 for my Grado fix, but the Rs1 had something else in mind, and I keep wanting to hear it. Not only that, but I wanted to hear the older buttoned rs1 as I bought an Rs1i and it really didn't do it for me.

Jun 21, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #1,190 of 2,110

Ah hah, I see in your sig that at one time you owned the HD650 as well, so did I and I made the jump to the HD800 and have been very happy with it.  But having owed the PS500e for a few weeks it has made me realize there might be something to this e series that I'm not willing to give up on the RS1 just yet.

yeah, I owned it for about 7 months....it led my to the hd800

I can not even tell you what it was about the hd650....it was the weirdest thing.....it was so kicked back and relaxing...almost boring at times....but I kept reaching for it 
smile.gif

It is the one headphone that I have owned, that I cant really explain to well.....other than you could wear it forever and it never got fatiguing

Jun 21, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #1,191 of 2,110
  I've done this, and kept an older Sr325, and while they were great cans in their own right, the damn Rs1 has messed with my mind!

When I had a whole bunch of Grados next to each other, I felt like I could pursue other headphones and just keep anything from an Sr60 to Rs2 for my Grado fix, but the Rs1 had something else in mind, and I keep wanting to hear it. Not only that, but I wanted to hear the older buttoned rs1 as I bought an Rs1i and it really didn't do it for me.

Well....this could happen 
tongue.gif

Like I said...I love the hell out of the rs1i....mine has thousands and thousands of hours on it
smile.gif

At this point and time it is just not what I reach for the most and it really deserves to be on a head......I will not get rid of it until I feel I have too.

It is just hard for me to justify having that much money in them and me not using them like I should.

Jun 21, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #1,192 of 2,110

yeah, I owned it for about 7 months....it led my to the hd800

I can not even tell you what it was about the hd650....it was the weirdest thing.....it was so kicked back and relaxing...almost boring at times....but I kept reaching for it 
smile.gif

It is the one headphone that I have owned, that I cant really explain to well.....other than you could wear it forever and it never got fatiguing

The HD650 was my first audiophile headphone and I liked it but then I purchased the SR325is and never looked back.  Except for the HD800 because I knew Sennheiser was capable of making a phenomenal headphone.

Jun 21, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #1,193 of 2,110
Yeah, I also owned the 325is and I loved them very much....great cans.

I got rid of them after I bought my RS1i.....I kept them both for quite awhile before I decided what I liked better.

I just sold my HD650 this week...for the same reason , as I just was not grabbing for it much anymore.

Jun 21, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #1,194 of 2,110
Whirlwind I totally understand getting rid of cans you don't use enough... I'm basically down to my HD800, RS1, PS500 and AD2000x... At one point I had nearly 20 cans in house. I would say keep your RS1 for the same reason I keep my 225i even though they don't get used a ton they have a place... Plus the emotional attachment... My 225's were my first real headphone, plus they are beautiful (black and white ebony cups) kind just need them around to remember where I came from.

Jun 21, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #1,195 of 2,110
Whirlwind I totally understand getting rid of cans you don't use enough... I'm basically down to my HD800, RS1, PS500 and AD2000x... At one point I had nearly 20 cans in house. I would say keep your RS1 for the same reason I keep my 225i even though they don't get used a ton they have a place... Plus the emotional attachment... My 225's were my first real headphone, plus they are beautiful (black and white ebony cups) kind just need them around to remember where I came from.

Well, I am emotionally attached, for sure.....lol

Jun 21, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #1,196 of 2,110
Plus the new ones will feel different if you were to replace them in the future...

Jun 22, 2014 at 6:41 AM Post #1,197 of 2,110
Plus the new ones will feel different if you were to replace them in the future...

great point.......plus they are still my coolest looking can and look great on my desk on the stand  
smile.gif

it is sunday morning now.....the rs1i is on my head, and ac/dc high voltage album in rockin!.....and angus young sounds fantastic 

Jun 22, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #1,198 of 2,110

great point.......plus they are still my coolest looking can and look great on my desk on the stand  
smile.gif

it is sunday morning now.....the rs1i is on my head, and ac/dc high voltage album in rockin!.....and angus young sounds fantastic 

i'm not awake enough for angus just yet

Jun 22, 2014 at 7:37 AM Post #1,199 of 2,110
Jun 22, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #1,200 of 2,110
  Well, I am done with the high voltage album and part way into powerage, now.

got the spotify "bluesify" app going, great way to hear some stuff not in my heavy rotation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back