Grado RS1i Impressions thread
Jun 2, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #1,111 of 2,110
Another option is to look on the other EU Amazon sites from the UK. The Euro is weak against the pound so you can save that way and don't have to pay any import taxes (benefit from EU membership in the UK while it lasts!). I often find things much cheaper on Amazon.de, Amazon.fr and Amazon.it (but you need to be willing to wait between 3-7 days for delivery usually).

Good call!  I got a HD600 from amazon.fr for £190 about 6 months ago; some good prices to be found from time to time.

And amazon.it currently has the RS1i for 600 euro (£487) which is not too bad. I'd expect to pay a bit extra for delivery (think it was 10 euro for the HD600s) but that's still under £500.

Jun 2, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #1,113 of 2,110

Good call!  I got a HD600 from amazon.fr for £190 about 6 months ago; some good prices to be found from time to time.

And amazon.it currently has the RS1i for 600 euro (£487) which is not too bad. I'd expect to pay a bit extra for delivery (think it was 10 euro for the HD600s) but that's still under £500.

Nice!

As far as the Grado warranty is concerned, there should be no issues contacting the uk site for with help, in the instance of something going wrong? Even if you got them from Italy?

Jun 2, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #1,114 of 2,110
I'm not sure about the warranty. You may want to have it in writing from Armour UK (the Grado distributor and official repair location here). In my experience, they've been a bit useless with very poor communication when I've had issues with my headphones. I called Grado in NY and they said that they'd be happy to do any repair as long as I covered shipping costs (and I think I'd prefer to send them back to the factory rather than chancing it here).

If you do want to get them from the UK, advancedmp3players usually have a discount code on the go for 10% off or better, for first time buyers, and they're an authorised dealer.

Jun 2, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #1,116 of 2,110
I'm not sure about the warranty. You may want to have it in writing from Armour UK (the Grado distributor and official repair location here). In my experience, they've been a bit useless with very poor communication when I've had issues with my headphones. I called Grado in NY and they said that they'd be happy to do any repair as long as I covered shipping costs (and I think I'd prefer to send them back to the factory rather than chancing it here).

If you do want to get them from the UK, advancedmp3players usually have a discount code on the go for 10% off or better, for first time buyers, and they're an authorised dealer.

Ok great. I'll look into it first.

Thanks so much for your advice.

Jun 2, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #1,117 of 2,110
  Beat me to it! I agree with what mancpg said.

I'm gonna thank you, but not as much as the other guy
evil_smiley.gif

But seriously - thanks.

I'm gonna ask a few more questions in the future, no doubt, and help like this really is priceless

Jun 5, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #1,119 of 2,110
Going back to an earlier post, if you look at the photos in this recent article, it looks like they're all red drivers now: http://www.supercompressor.com/tech/look-inside-grado-labs-where-the-world-s-best-headphones-are-made

Jun 8, 2014 at 5:34 AM Post #1,120 of 2,110
Well guys I own an RS1i now... brand new...

It pairs great with the Glenn OTL! But then almost anything sounds good out of a Glenn amp lol

Jun 8, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #1,121 of 2,110
Congrats....I am sure you will enjoy the neck out of them.

Jun 8, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #1,122 of 2,110
I've been all over the Grado Apprec thread-but I just bought an RS1i from Jay upgrading from the 225i and enjoying it with some jazz right now.

Jun 8, 2014 at 8:30 AM Post #1,123 of 2,110
some new guys in the house, and the legend grows!!!

Jun 8, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #1,124 of 2,110
Well guys I own an RS1i now... brand new...

It pairs great with the Glenn OTL! But then almost anything sounds good out of a Glenn amp lol
I've been all over the Grado Apprec thread-but I just bought an RS1i from Jay upgrading from the 225i and enjoying it with some jazz right now.
Congrats to both you guys. Owning a pair of RS1i's makes one a better lover, you'll lose weight, and your hair will grow back. Just say'n.

Jun 8, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #1,125 of 2,110
Congrats to both you guys. Owning a pair of RS1i's makes one a better lover, you'll lose weight, and your hair will grow back. Just say'n.

and you smell better !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back