Grado RS series Owner club!
Dec 4, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #242 of 272

Just picked up #5452
Rs2

horrible Grattle... Pulled the white mesh off Omg ewww Pix below

Dec 4, 2015 at 2:11 AM Post #243 of 272
literally pulled out more DNA then i've had the pleasure of mixing with mine ;

) but not winky... EWWWWW literally a pound of hair.

Dec 4, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #244 of 272
Wow, vintage rs2 very nice. For a moment there, I thought I was looking at black star drivers but then saw the white mesh removed.
How do they sound aside from the grattle? I have never thankfully experienced the grado rattle but there are varying solutions available online and as always there are risks involved.

I'd say previous owner had very fine hair or cat/dog in family if ear cup full of small hair.

Good luck and welcome to the rs club. :)

Dec 4, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #245 of 272
  literally pulled out more DNA then i've had the pleasure of mixing with mine ;

) but not winky... EWWWWW literally a pound of hair.

This is way too much information!!!
eek.gif

Dec 4, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #246 of 272
It sounds good ! Very delightful how is it vintage ? The cable is all worn out and stuff too :/ and the yoke

Dec 4, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #247 of 272
It sounds good ! Very delightful how is it vintage ? The cable is all worn out and stuff too :/ and the yoke

Excellent to hear :)
Based on serial number.
Are they rs2 or rs2i just for the record? What does box say ?

K&J can you plz update table on previous page? Thnx in advance :)

Dec 4, 2015 at 11:40 PM Post #248 of 272
It didn't come with box. But they are pretty worn out. I think ima send them in for refurb

Dec 5, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #249 of 272
Excellent to hear :)
Based on serial number.
Are they rs2 or rs2i just for the record? What does box say ?

K&J can you plz update table on previous page? Thnx in advance :)

Sure will update the table after I get home next week... Can't get to the original table from on the road

Is it not true that ALL RS2 headphones have wooden center buttons, and none of the RS2i headphones do, so the buttonless pair shown cannot be RS2 and have to be RS2i?

Dec 5, 2015 at 5:25 PM Post #250 of 272
Kayandjohn thank you :)
Yes you could be are right about the buttonless theory with rs2's

However for some strange reason, my memory keeps saying I have seen a vintage rs2 without button?? Maybe it was a modded version or a dream lol :wink::wink::wink:

Dec 8, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #252 of 272
  For the third time in my short head-fi career, I'm once again an RS1 owner. Buttons this time!

Anyone else out there using a MAD Ear with theirs?

Congratz!, I think that this is one, if not THE best looking headphones that Grado has ever produced.

The buttoned classic RS1 are the first Grados that I have heard. I had compared them to my Senns HD-600, and I had promised myself that I would own them one day.

Fast forward many years, and thanks to Kayandjohn, earlier this year, I was able to buy a brand new pair, in the box, and they are flawless, wich, is not always a given, with Grado.

I'm driing mine with my RA-1, (battery version), and my Marantz 2226B vintage reciever.

Dec 8, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #253 of 272
Congratz!, I think that this is one, if not THE best looking headphones that Grado has ever produced.

The buttoned classic RS1 are the first Grados that I have heard. I had compared them to my Senns HD-600, and I had promised myself that I would own them one day.

Fast forward many years, and thanks to Kayandjohn, earlier this year, I was able to buy a brand new pair, in the box, and they are flawless, wich, is not always a given, with Grado.

I'm driing mine with my RA-1, (battery version), and my Marantz 2226B vintage reciever.

Nice!

Dec 10, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #254 of 272
I just got a pair of RS-2 buttoned with no serial number on the outside.  These have dark pink drivers.
One channel is out and there was an attempted repair so the driver was not re-glued.
I was able to remove the driver from the cup and noticed a number 23 on the inside of the cup.
Is this the serial number for this pair of RS-2 headphones?

-retox

Dec 10, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #255 of 272
  I just got a pair of RS-2 buttoned with no serial number on the outside.  These have dark pink drivers.
One channel is out and there was an attempted repair so the driver was not re-glued.
I was able to remove the driver from the cup and noticed a number 23 on the inside of the cup.
Is this the serial number for this pair of RS-2 headphones?

-retox

Congrats on your new old headphones!
does the box have a number on the bottom or anywhere else? (hand written)
Did you check on the outside of the cup under the foam pads? or maybe on the rodblocks?

Pink driver may suggest you do indeed have an early RS-2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back