Grado RS series Owner club!
Dec 10, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #256 of 272
I don't have the box and there are no numbers on the outside of the cups.
Just the number 23 written on the inside of the cup. Its located just above the where the cable enters the cup.
Somewhat hard to see.
Is this the serial number?

Dec 11, 2016 at 4:50 AM Post #257 of 272
Definitely old school circa mid to late 90's build.

Very nice.
The 23 is the matching of the drivers or cups. Definitely not serial number.... Exists on recent Grado headphones too. Just how they match them I think at factory.

:)

Dec 11, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #258 of 272
Great snag.

I think this was before Grado put the serail numbers on the headphones.

I have a semi-vintage RS1 that does not have a serial number.

Dec 12, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #259 of 272
yep, these are the older model which weren't serialized. No serial numbers.

I think I saw these on ebay, if I remember correctly. The seller claimed it was an easy fix? I'd be interested if it is fixable or a dead driver? Please do let us know when you find out what the problem is. Thanks

Dec 15, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #260 of 272
Dead driver, I have started a claim to get my money back...I will see how it goes.
The amp works fine and one driver is good.
The repair is $100 through Grado for a matched pair of new RS-2 drivers and cable.
Decided I would go the refund route first.

Live and learn...

Dec 15, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #261 of 272
  Dead driver, I have started a claim to get my money back...I will see how it goes.
The repair is $100 through Grado for a matched pair of new RS-2 drivers and cable.

Live and learn...

Such a shame. Grado'll just replace the drivers with new ones. (if you had it repaired)

In my opinion it feels like a downgrade that way. piece of history gone too.

Dec 17, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #262 of 272

Live and learn...
thanks for the update.
I was definitely interested but thought the description was shady and didn't want to risk getting a deaf driver.
Hope you get your money back or at least a partial refund so you can send them to grado and have them fixed. Getting new e drivers and cable ain't bad either! :wink:

Dec 29, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #263 of 272
Just received a buttoned RS-2, serial number 830.

I had previously only listened to some Grado models in stores, this is the first one I've owned. Got them from a local auction site for a reasonable price and decided to give them a try, then sell them if they weren't to my liking.

I can see why they are so polarizing, they certainly have quite a bit of character. But I quite like it, the sound feels airy and effortless. So I think this pair's a keeper!

Feb 28, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #264 of 272
Hello!

My RS2E is 12195-8

I use it with the iPhone 7+ and my Chord Mojo

The RS2E is nice with some smartphones,
little better with a some DAP like iBasso, A&K or Fiios...
But if you plug it into a Chord Mojo...
Heaven on earth for "Headphonaholics"!

Big shocking real Soundstage (if wear it right), perfect instrument separation, the highs lost all "sharpness", the mids/vocals can shocking you, but the bass wins most.
It ist precise bone-dry deep and punchy-crunchy.

If you are a Grado RS-Series Owner oder a Mojo!!!!

Now!!!

Have a nice listening

Ingo

Apr 30, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #265 of 272
I've been doing research recently about this pairing, good to hear your positive feedback. I owned a pair of rs2e, they were really nice when using with my computer, but they sound really harsh when using my iphone, even worse when paired with meridian explorer.

The mojo was alright when paired with my GH2 and MS pro, wasn't impressed, the MSpro was too distant while GH2 was nice but it has too much bass for my liking. As I like cohesive, lean and clean bass (er4 kind of bass), so I'm interested in the rs2e& mojo combo. If the treble isn't harsh then it probably work for me.

May 23, 2017 at 12:06 AM Post #266 of 272
Hi everyone,

I'm still waiting for the approval for the forum's login for the small company I started, but I thought that in the meantime it would be appropriate enough if I used my user login to let you know about what I've been doing for the Grado headphones.
I won't repeat it all here - there is quite a bit on my website: beautifulaudio.biz
Basically I'm making leather and merino, over-ear earpads and headbands for all Grado models.

Of course, fire any questions you might have.

This the second such announcement I made in Grado related forums. Can someone please advise if I'm not doing the right thing? I'm learning...

Cheers

Jun 16, 2017 at 4:12 AM Post #267 of 272
Hello,
I'm a proud owner of an RS2i (#9099-6)which I bought new about 4 years ago.It ist now part of my little rig consisting of Fiio X5(1.gen)which I use as a digital transport via a Moon Audio mini coax digital cable into the S/PDIF Input of the Centrance Dacmini CX.The analog output of the DAC feeds the Grado RA 1(battery)amplifier via an Audioquest Golden Gate interconnects cable.The last component of this little system is a Furutech G 320 Ag-18 E mains cable for the DAC.I'm extremely satisfied with the sound of this combination and especially with the HP+AMP pairing.Sometimes I use the built in Class A amplifier of the Dacmini with my trusty AKG K701 ,a very nice sounding couple as well.
Have a nice day!
Juraj

Oct 19, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #270 of 272
My RS1e (with g cushions) gets way more head-time than my Sennheiser HD800S, Sony MDR-Z1R, or Hifiman Edition X V2. Such a fun headphone! I've been thinking about trying other Grados (the GS1000e, GS2000e), but I wonder if I'll experience the same wonderment that these provide. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back