Grado PS1000 Owner's List
Apr 22, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #46 of 107

Quote:

Who knows? That's up to ones ears. 
smile.gif

Of course you're right again, hehe
regular_smile%20.gif

When I a read your first post(/img/forum/go_quote.gif) I thought you thought that there was an upgrade other than the finnish with the chromed ones. Maybe I missunderstood and then wasted time and space, sorry.

The only thing that differs between the matte and chrome versions is supposed to be the finnish on the cups, nothing else.
There shouldn't be any more sonic differences between a chrome and matte than between a matte and a matte or a chorme and a chrome.

I've never noticed any scratches in my chrome, but they do require a good wipe with the good old sunglass-wiper from time to time.

Looking forward to your review mate.

Cheers!

Apr 22, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #48 of 107

Quote:

Should work just fine, since it's anodized chrome. Feel free to try it if you have a pair.

Okay, let me rephrase.  I know it should work, but has anyone actually tried it?  I don't have my PS1000s yet so obviously I can't.

Apr 22, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #49 of 107

Quote:
Why not use soft cotton, or else, gloves?

Cotton (depending on the quality) is often the cause of micro scratches, and cotton by itself won't remove scratches.  You'll need at least a mild polish to do that.

Apr 22, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #50 of 107

Quote:

Of course you're right again, hehe
regular_smile%20.gif

When I a read your first post(/img/forum/go_quote.gif) I thought you thought that there was an upgrade other than the finnish with the chromed ones. Maybe I missunderstood and then wasted time and space, sorry.

The only thing that differs between the matte and chrome versions is supposed to be the finnish on the cups, nothing else.
There shouldn't be any more sonic differences between a chrome and matte than between a matte and a matte or a chorme and a chrome.

I've never noticed any scratches in my chrome, but they do require a good wipe with the good old sunglass-wiper from time to time.

Looking forward to your review mate.

Cheers!

I see what you're getting at, my mistake. You mean from pure visual perspective, there shouldn't be any differences besides the chrome vs. matte finish. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 22, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #51 of 107
I was talking about for picking them up and putting on your head, not polish them. I believe there was some user who put screen protector on.

Quote:

Cotton (depending on the quality) is often the cause of micro scratches, and cotton by itself won't remove scratches.  You'll need at least a mild polish to do that.

Apr 22, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #52 of 107
"And more than likely feel, durability, shininess, and a lot of other things. Not just visual."  

Hmm, I wonder which would be more durable?  The matte seems pretty solid, and has a nice feel to it too.

Apr 22, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #53 of 107

Quote:
"And more than likely feel, durability, shininess, and a lot of other things. Not just visual."  

Hmm, I wonder which would be more durable?  The matte seems pretty solid, and has a nice feel to it too.

That depends on how one treats them and uses them on a daily basis. As for overall durability of the chrome vs. matter, I have absolutely no clue.

Apr 22, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #54 of 107
I was talking about for picking them up and putting on your head, not polish them. I believe there was some user who put screen protector on.

Quote:

I got ya now. Your suggestion is actually a great idea. I admit, it's a little over the top, but I have a pair of fluffy microfiber gloves I use when I handle my ATH-W3000ANVs. I'd hate to tear up that awesome lacquered finish.

Jun 22, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #56 of 107
Unless the Chrome has worn off... you might try some Simichrome or Flitz metal polish to restore it's shine.  You can get it at Auto Zone, or other auto supply stores.

You can also use Mother's or Eagle One Never-dull wadding to restore the shine - probably more effective.  Also at auto supply stores.

You may want to use some Carnuba Wax, or other wax, to prevent future oxidation.

Jun 23, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #59 of 107
I have no idea why something like that happened, unless you have had some rest of the chemicals on your hands, which caused this, but thats just a guess. If you have any warranty, ask your dealer about it, maybe they can help. Personally, I would stay away from doing anything that I am not sure of, but thats me.

Quote:
He was in the box since February, with a ziploc bag. Always picked up by the pads, now has the mark of my finger.

Jun 29, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #60 of 107
Posting a picture of the relative size of the 325i to the PS1000. I was pleasantly surprised at the size difference, but haven't stumbled upon too many pictures that show it clearly. The PS1000 are monsters. Delightful, high fidelity monsters. (Apologies for the quality of the pic: taken on a first gen iPhone.)

Edited for me being an idiot and not re-reading the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back