Grado Modders Go Nhoord?!?!
Jan 10, 2018 at 5:00 AM Post #393 of 597
WOW, I just tried the site and noticed it also. I hope its just a transition period.

Same here, I assume they’re updating the site post Christmas!

Jan 10, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #394 of 597
@DavidA
Just put Nhoord.com into my browser and this came up! Don’t use a bookmark or you’ll get the error message.
http://www.nhoord.com/

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #396 of 597
I contacted Jaco and he responded immediately. He said he's still in business and his website was transferred to a new server, which explains the issues over the past few days. Looks like searching for the website on Google works now

Jan 16, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #399 of 597
Jan 16, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #400 of 597
I contacted Jaco and he responded immediately. He said he's still in business and his website was transferred to a new server, which explains the issues over the past few days. Looks like searching for the website on Google works now

That's interesting. I emailed them 2 weeks ago and still have not had any response at all.

Feb 5, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #402 of 597
1517879747581302315147.jpg
Noob question here. I tried googling but I'd feel much more comfortable getting an answer from someone here.

I'm building Nhoord headphones with detachable mini xlr cables. I chose this because I already have ZMF and Audeze cables.

Question is, what poles on the jack do I solder the driver to? I'll attach a pic here.
Thanks in advance to anyone that may be able to help

Feb 7, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #404 of 597
Thanks for the help David. It was actually much easier than I expected. Here's the final product. Cups are Leopardwood from SpinAF. Gimbals from ShipiboAudio. Pads and Headband from BeautifulAudio. And the driver is of course Nhoord :)

Nhoord 1.jpg Nhoord 2.jpg Nhoord 4.jpgNhoord 3.jpg

Got to say it's the most comfortable headphone I've ever used. Better HD 650 and HE 560. The mids really surprised me. I've read some people say the Nhoord drivers are U are V shaped, but from my experience that's not the case. Mids appear to be quite neutral and aren't as present as an HD 650's. I'm sure these pads have something to do with it. The treble is slightly recessed, but I prefer it that way as I'm sensitive to spikes. I'm more than pleased with this build.

Feb 8, 2018 at 3:46 AM Post #405 of 597
@BaseRobber , really nice work. I'm curious about the ear pads from Beautiful Audio, they look like leather and I've always wanted to know how they impact the sound. Do you have any regular pads (Grado L or generic G pads) to make a comparison with the Beautiful Audio pads?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back