Grado Modders Go Nhoord?!?!
Dec 5, 2022 at 10:21 AM Post #589 of 597
Unfortunatly, it seems there will be no new driver. site is down again. :disappointed_relieved:

But hope dies last.
I noticed it too. I've moved on, not just from Nhoord, but I went on to build some tower loudspeakers in the time since I originally put my order in. If I do get back into headphones again, I'll either buy a pair of Epsilon drivers or just buy a used pair of Monoprice M1060s and mildly mod them.

The site isn't just down, he stopped paying the hosting site. Again, when the he stopped shipping drivers, South Africa was in damn near chaos, so I hold no ill will. I wish him the best.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #590 of 597
I noticed it too. I've moved on, not just from Nhoord, but I went on to build some tower loudspeakers in the time since I originally put my order in. If I do get back into headphones again, I'll either buy a pair of Epsilon drivers or just buy a used pair of Monoprice M1060s and mildly mod them.

The site isn't just down, he stopped paying the hosting site. Again, when the he stopped shipping drivers, South Africa was in damn near chaos, so I hold no ill will. I wish him the best.
I ordered my nhoords in march of 2020, and got them in a break in the madness in June of 2020. I really love these drivers and wish Jaco all the best

May 9, 2023 at 8:22 AM Post #591 of 597
I ordered my nhoords in march of 2020, and got them in a break in the madness in June of 2020. I really love these drivers and wish Jaco all the best
So I'm thinking about my next build and I love my nhoord reds---sad that they aren't available anymore. Are there any recommendations for which driver to pick next? The local option for me is elleven acoustica, so the R1 or P1 would probably be the easiest choice. But if anyone has AB tested nhoords vs something else, I'd be happy to hear your recommendations!

May 13, 2023 at 2:13 AM Post #592 of 597
So I'm thinking about my next build and I love my nhoord reds---sad that they aren't available anymore. Are there any recommendations for which driver to pick next? The local option for me is elleven acoustica, so the R1 or P1 would probably be the easiest choice. But if anyone has AB tested nhoords vs something else, I'd be happy to hear your recommendations!
I have a pair of Nhoords and a pair of Turbulent X and they are both absolutely gorgeous sounding

May 15, 2023 at 8:40 AM Post #594 of 597
I got mine in early 2021, I'm probably among the last few people who did get them, don't want to rub salt into anyone's wounds who ordered these and never received the drivers but I have been rocking these things for good couple years now, amazing sounding headphones.

Attachments

• headphones.jpg
    headphones.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Oct 27, 2023 at 3:29 AM Post #595 of 597
After a year of use with the L-Cush pads I have always used, I had to get some medical tape and tape over both of the open holes in the rear of the drivers. I prefer a dry bass and found anything hotly mastered or digital overwhelming. Now they are much more balanced to my ears. I couldn't handle the G cush when the headphones were OEM, not least because they wouldnt fit in my case.

Oct 27, 2023 at 6:39 AM Post #596 of 597
Man, sucks to see the grado driver market dying down like this. I've always wanted to buy them once I have had a chance to become more stable financially but I can't now. I would honestly love to make my own drivers for grado DIY in the future.

Nhoord have been my first reason to try this, since their red cone design and unique body interested me a lot. And a lot of the other grado driver makers fascinated me but it seems the website is dead completely.

Nov 14, 2023 at 8:14 PM Post #597 of 597
Man, sucks to see the grado driver market dying down like this. I've always wanted to buy them once I have had a chance to become more stable financially but I can't now. I would honestly love to make my own drivers for grado DIY in the future.

Nhoord have been my first reason to try this, since their red cone design and unique body interested me a lot. And a lot of the other grado driver makers fascinated me but it seems the website is dead completely.

It is a little quiet out there, but Elleven Acoustica and Symphones are still running...they're worth a go...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back