Grado Modders Go Nhoord?!?!
May 4, 2021 at 5:59 AM Post #571 of 597
I ordered Feb 15. I guess I need to file a claim with Paypal.

Update. I sent an instagram DM a few days ago. No response :frowning2:

Update 2021-04-26: Paypal attempted to contact Nhoord, but no response. I guess he's gone. Paypal refunded my money. Too bad. I was looking forward to these.
Hey there,

unfortunetly it is also the case with me, respectivly the build of a friend. the website is actually down too.
I could imagine that it´s hard to manage a side business next to a full-time job or in general next to an everyday life.

At the end i am a bit sad that another one is propably out of the diy business, but we don´t know what happened.

I hope he is fine at all and maybe he will be back in the (near) future. Also hopefully with a new driver (infra), but this is wishful thinking.

Thank you @javburg (Jaco) at all.

May 20, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #574 of 597
As far as I can see Jaco is the one supplying the drivers for Spirit Torino (or at least working with them) so I don't know why the hell he would just disappear without closing shop first?
https://www.spirittorino.com/en/technical-insight/ check under driver, he's been making Spirit Torino's drivers for some time now

He is indeed their supplier. I haven't chatted with him too much recently, but last I checked in he was under quite a bit of pressure working to keep his supply channels open (let alone at reasonable cost levels) through COVID, while keeping his day-job going as well.

May 26, 2021 at 1:41 AM Post #576 of 597
No one heard from @javburg lately? It’s been two weeks since my Nhoord order, my emails haven’t been answered and I’m about to file a claim with Paypal...
Two weeks are nothing. He has some issues actually like written above, but more informations you should get by himself. It is definetly worth to wait.
If you couldn´t wait, he definetly refund you with no problems. So, there is no reason for a paypal dispute.

Last edited:
May 26, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #578 of 597
I had to wait a lot longer than 2 weeks...
They are nice drivers, but customer service was completely lacking.
I eventually got a reply from him via instagram after getting nothing from him via email.
When I posted here I was messaged by someone else who had similar issues with communication and had contacted him via whatsapp or something like that.

It leaves a lot to be desired...
But, I would suggest you try contact him via instagram and be very patient if you want them.

Jul 19, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #580 of 597
I'm going to ask Paypal for a refund on the Nhoord drivers. I've tried contacting via email and Instagram several times and it's been 2.5 months of absolutely nothing, so I have no hopes of them actually shipping. I'm probably going for a pair of Hemp drivers instead.

Sorry to hear about that :frowning2:...I know he was battling before with supply chain issues and production costs. The riots and looting in South Africa over the last two weeks probably didn't help at all either. A refund is likely the best course of action at this point.

Jul 19, 2021 at 4:47 PM Post #581 of 597
Things are awful in South Africa right now. I wouldn't expect him to be able to ship out drivers. That said, I just put in a dispute with Paypal for the order I placed at the beginning of the month. I don't see the point in waiting when there is zero dialog or news. Don't get me wrong, when I find out that Nhrood is shipping out drivers again, I will repurchase a pair of Red V2s.

Jul 28, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #583 of 597
While waiting for a refund, I now realize there aren't many other options available given that Turbulent Xs and Symphones V9s are all sold out. I guess I'm limited to the more pricier Elleven Acoustica Ypsilons. I don't have the Grado Grill covers, so I can't really use the Earphonediylab options. First world problems.

Jul 28, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #584 of 597
While waiting for a refund, I now realize there aren't many other options available given that Turbulent Xs and Symphones V9s are all sold out. I guess I'm limited to the more pricier Elleven Acoustica Ypsilons. I don't have the Grado Grill covers, so I can't really use the Earphonediylab options. First world problems.
If you have access to a 3D printer, something like this could possibly be useful: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4802163

I haven't tried printing the files myself yet, so I don't know how they actually turn out :)

Nov 1, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #585 of 597
Looks like Nhoord Audio isn't out of the game yet. Checked their website and saw this:

We had an incredibly rough past couple of months which impacted all orders and we are incredibly sorry for all the inconvenience it caused.

We’ll be back with a completely updated driver and will offer it to all the past orders, fulfilled or not, at a heavily discounted price.

Apologies again for anyone let down by us this past couple of months​

I ordered a pair of V2s in July and never received them. I put in a dispute with Paypal, but never escalated it. So hopefully, I can be one of the first to get whatever Nhoord is cooking in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back