Grado Modders Go Nhoord?!?!
Feb 14, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #556 of 597
Well, you guys got me really curious. I just ordered a pair. I'll swap out my PX100-ii, which I think work very well at low volumes.

Feb 18, 2021 at 6:27 AM Post #557 of 597
Got my drivers and just finished my build.
Been a lot of fun putting them together.
CameraZOOM-20210218201455964.jpg

Feb 18, 2021 at 6:33 AM Post #558 of 597
Got my drivers and just finished my build.
Been a lot of fun putting them together.
Gimbals and Rodblocks from Przem (Shipibo), Rosewood Cups from Adhi (Rholupat) and Headband from Jin of Turbulent Labs?

Cable looks weired, how did you solder the connections? Near the Rodblocks? i`m confused. please explain?

Nice, colorful build at all. Where did you get the cushions? Have fun and enjoy your build. :wink:

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2021 at 6:49 AM Post #559 of 597
Correct on the Gimbals & Rodblocks/Cups/Headband. :D

I decided to do a stereo/dual mono mod. So I ran a cable between the cups inside the headband(I had to drill an extra hole in the top of the cups for this).
If you plug the cable into the left cup only, its stereo. If you plug cables into both cups they run separate.

Cable is also done by me. A little messy, but my first attempt at using paracord on cables.

Overall I'm like 7.5/10 happy with how I went with the build.

They sound great though!

A few pictures I took while doing it.
https://imgur.com/a/3K8x90d

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #560 of 597
Correct on the Gimbals & Rodblocks/Cups/Headband. :D

I decided to do a stereo/dual mono mod. So I ran a cable between the cups inside the headband(I had to drill an extra hole in the top of the cups for this).
If you plug the cable into the left cup only, its stereo. If you plug cables into both cups they run separate.

Cable is also done by me. A little messy, but my first attempt at using paracord on cables.

Overall I'm like 7.5/10 happy with how I went with the build.

They sound great though!

A few pictures I took while doing it.
https://imgur.com/a/3K8x90d
Ah, thank you for explaination. Sounds like a good solution to be more flexible from the beginning.

What do think about Paracord sleeve at all? I´m out of practice. I soldered, sleeved, and shrinked cables on my PSU and other PC parts, when i build watercooled pc´s like twenty years ago. So, actually i try to braid cables again by myself. But it is a long way, if you are a perfectionist or monk in this. Sometimes i felt like a jerk...Practice practice practice...:wink: Another manufacturer is techflex, which i know from FAW cables. Really soft sleeve.

I actually assemble a build with a friend. First time for me and him in this way. I bought a used Ersa 30S 40W soldering iron from ebay and we´re waiting for the driver to start. I´m not sure at all to solder directly to the driver or to drill the cup for plugs. I´m a bit scared not to destroy the cups while trying to drill the holes. We´ll find a solution.

I´ll post the build as soon as jaco´s driver arrived and the build is finished.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #562 of 597
Ah, thank you for explaination. Sounds like a good solution to be more flexible from the beginning.

What do think about Paracord sleeve at all? I´m out of practice. I soldered, sleeved, and shrinked cables on my PSU and other PC parts, when i build watercooled pc´s like twenty years ago. So, actually i try to braid cables again by myself. But it is a long way, if you are a perfectionist or monk in this. Sometimes i felt like a jerk...Practice practice practice...:wink: Another manufacturer is techflex, which i know from FAW cables. Really soft sleeve.

I actually assemble a build with a friend. First time for me and him in this way. I bought a used Ersa 30S 40W soldering iron from ebay and we´re waiting for the driver to start. I´m not sure at all to solder directly to the driver or to drill the cup for plugs. I´m a bit scared not to destroy the cups while trying to drill the holes. We´ll find a solution.

I´ll post the build as soon as jaco´s driver arrived and the build is finished.
I like the paracord. Its a nice way to add some thickness without the cable becoming rigid.
If I were to do another cable, I would put all the wires inside 1 sleeve instead of separate ones just for ease of use and so the cable isn't too bulky.
It wasn't too hard to use, the hardest part was actually trying to squeeze the paracord cables through the headband...it took way too long.

Techflex is nice, I have it on some other cables over paracord, it looks good but it adds rigidity which isn't what I'm really after in headphone cables.

I felt it was worth adding connectors instead of directly wiring to the drivers.
I always have the fear of ripping the wires straight off the drivers if I get tangled in the cable or step on it, whereas if there is a connector, it will just disconnect and at worst and the cable is damaged, I'm only having to replace the cable not the whole thing.
I used a drill/round file to enlarge the hole to fit the TRS female connector and then a dremel to remove the inside wall of the cup where it was mounted until enough of the thread was exposed to tighten the nut. I took it very slow so I didn't damage the cups too much. There was some very minor chipping, but all of it is covered by the nut.
I had to use NC(normally closed) type female connectors for my wiring setup and so I didn't have many options for what I was putting inside the cup which is why it was a bit of work to fit this connector. If I didn't need NC type, I could have probably used an easier to use female connector.

Good luck with your build! I look forward to seeing it.

Feb 21, 2021 at 12:49 AM Post #564 of 597
You have to be careful with paracord. Pull it too tight or braid it tightly, and the cable will be very noisy when it rubs against anything.

Feb 25, 2021 at 3:43 AM Post #565 of 597
Hey there,

i know it was already ask a few posts/ weeks ago. But i ordered a pair of drivers from jaco for a build of a friend of mine. He´s in no hurry about finish.
But we´ve ordered on the 5th of february and till now, we didn´t get any answer about approximatly delivery date.

We don't want to annoy him, but an answer would be nice.

Feb 25, 2021 at 6:19 AM Post #566 of 597
Hey there,

i know it was already ask a few posts/ weeks ago. But i ordered a pair of drivers from jaco for a build of a friend of mine. He´s in no hurry about finish.
But we´ve ordered on the 5th of february and till now, we didn´t get any answer about approximatly delivery date.

We don't want to annoy him, but an answer would be nice.
Yeh, it was a frustrating wait. I ordered approximately 9th Jan and they were shipped like second week of Feb.
I chased him for details after 3 weeks waiting with no information.
I ended up getting a response from him at first from Instagram.

Feb 25, 2021 at 6:26 AM Post #567 of 597
Yeh, it was a frustrating wait. I ordered approximately 9th Jan and they were shipped like second week of Feb.
I chased him for details after 3 weeks waiting with no information.
I ended up getting a response from him at first from Instagram.
Thank you for your participation. But shipping was really fast, when i have a look on the date of your finished build!?

We´re not really frustrated at all. Cause of the character of a side business and the actual situation, we understand a delay/ longer delivery/ shipping time. Also i don´t know about his internetpossibilities!?

But it would be great to have a short message at all. So, maybe he´ll answer in the next few weeks!?

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #568 of 597
Has anyone tried putting the Nhoord Reds into a metal enclosure, especially like the one that Openheart OH2000 uses? I'm thinking of buying those as a platform for mods because they're so easy to disassemble and work on. I was wondering if the Nhoord drivers would fit and sound well in these, even though Nhoord recommends wooden cups. Plus, I am not sure if the size of the cups will be an issue - these apparently house 50mm drivers, while Nhoord Reds are 46mm.

11330121.jpg

Mar 31, 2021 at 3:16 AM Post #569 of 597
Has anyone tried putting the Nhoord Reds into a metal enclosure, especially like the one that Openheart OH2000 uses? I'm thinking of buying those as a platform for mods because they're so easy to disassemble and work on. I was wondering if the Nhoord drivers would fit and sound well in these, even though Nhoord recommends wooden cups. Plus, I am not sure if the size of the cups will be an issue - these apparently house 50mm drivers, while Nhoord Reds are 46mm.

11330121.jpg
Hey, just have a look on ZEOS YouTube page. He reviewed these headphones and disassembled them. So, maybe that helps to find a decision!? :beerchug:
I wouldn´t do it, but this only my opinion. So it is absolutly up to you.

@ALL:
Has anybody ordered a pair of drivers in the last time?

I ordered a pair for a colleague of mine on the 5th of february. But til today i know nothing about the order and my colleague is mad at me. :sweat:

Apr 1, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #570 of 597
I ordered a pair for a colleague of mine on the 5th of february. But til today i know nothing about the order and my colleague is mad at me. :sweat:
I ordered Feb 15. I guess I need to file a claim with Paypal.

Update. I sent an instagram DM a few days ago. No response :frowning2:

Update 2021-04-26: Paypal attempted to contact Nhoord, but no response. I guess he's gone. Paypal refunded my money. Too bad. I was looking forward to these.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back