Grado Modders Go Nhoord?!?!

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by fleasbaby, Aug 12, 2016.
First

Back
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
27 28
Next

Last
  1. Harry Manback
    I've found that Neutrik Tiny xlr plugs and connectors work great for Grados. I'm even working on a 3d printed adapter to house them in my THX-00. Much easier to work with than and smc I've used.

DavidA - Damn! Those vetco connectors are costly.

capnjack likes this.
  2. DavidA
    Yea, vetco SMC jacks are pricy but since its the only one that fits a TH series with no cutting to the frame, baffle or cups its a small price to pay.

The only reason I've not used mini-XLR jack on a Grado is that due to the longer length of the jack it stick down and touches some people on their shoulder depending on how the headphone is placed on the head as I found with installing the mini-XLR jacks in T1 and DT-990 mods. If they were angled like the LCD headphones then it wouldn't be an issue

WoodyLuvr likes this.
  3. WoodyLuvr
    Looking forward to hearing what you think.

What amps do you use for your Nhoords if any?

4. capnjack
    Post burn in..... I’d forgotten how good the Nhoords/generic G/Mojo scale and open up the soundstage! (It’s been 3 weeks) since I destroyed one!

5. Harry Manback
    Mostly Magni 2 Uber with Modi MB. They sound pretty great straight out of an iphone too.

capnjack and WoodyLuvr like this.
  6. capnjack
    Just built a cable for my AKG 702s using xlr plug and Van Damme mini starquad :) but I still have a few smc connectors to use up also :wink: thanks for the heads up on the xlr tho!

7. DavidA
  8. WoodyLuvr
    How is the cush-rolling going?

9. WoodyLuvr
  10. capnjack
    Really liking the Reds with a balanced cable, seems to open them up a bit more. Still got the slight bass hump, smooth (slightly recessed) mids and detailed treble with just a tad more ‘space’ around the instruments and players. Playing straight from the balanced out on my original N5.
    Hoping to get my hands on the new N5ii in the near future :)

Soldering the 2.5 trrs plug was a pain in the ass!

My hands aren’t as steady as they used to be (age I suppose) :wink:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    WoodyLuvr likes this.
  11. WoodyLuvr
    Must submit pics! :)

12. capnjack
    It’s only a 2.5mm trrs, that’s the only difference.

15B0F0F5-1B89-43E3-94AF-5F4A188347FA.jpeg

DavidA and WoodyLuvr like this.
  13. DavidA
    @capnjack, that is some impressive soldering, I did one 2.5mm TRRS balanced jack for a friend and its one of the more difficult to work with.

WoodyLuvr likes this.
  14. capnjack
    Definitely not doing many more with 2.5mm. XLR is definitely the way forward I think for most desktop use, only need one for portable player :)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    DavidA and WoodyLuvr like this.
  15. DaemonSire
    Is there an update on the Infra availability? The site still shows 'coming soon'.

First

Back
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
27 28
Next

Last