GRADO GR10: Reviews, First Impressions Thread
Sep 23, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #1,066 of 1,160
Sep 24, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #1,067 of 1,160
Has anyone here tried comparing the GR10e and the GR10? My only complaint about the original GR10 was that it lacks bass, has the vent hole on the GR10e solved this problem?

Yes most definitely.

Keep in mind though, that a perfect seal between the earbuds and your ear is necessary.

Sep 24, 2015 at 2:37 AM Post #1,068 of 1,160
Has anyone here tried comparing the GR10e and the GR10? My only complaint about the original GR10 was that it lacks bass, has the vent hole on the GR10e solved this problem?
There are very litlle reviews about the GR10e, a reason could be they cost now 445 Euro in the EU. Today there are a lot of attractive IEM's in this price class, also customs and semi- customs

Sep 24, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #1,069 of 1,160
There are very litlle reviews about the GR10e, a reason could be they cost now 445 Euro in the EU. Today there are a lot of attractive IEM's in this price class, also customs and semi- customs

Right! I would consider checking out the Dunu range. Very interesting. I took the plunge and got myself some K3003's as they were a decent price new here in Switzerland, and they are just chalk and cheese compared to the GR10's. They make the Grado's sound a muddy mess, really! My point is, that many reviews pit the DUNU 2000's as directly comparable or better than the K3003's! At around 300 eurs that's no mean feat. 

I thought I had found Nirvana when I got the GR10's but there are likely much better options available for less.

Sep 25, 2015 at 5:35 AM Post #1,070 of 1,160
Right! I would consider checking out the Dunu range. Very interesting. I took the plunge and got myself some K3003's as they were a decent price new here in Switzerland, and they are just chalk and cheese compared to the GR10's. They make the Grado's sound a muddy mess, really! My point is, that many reviews pit the DUNU 2000's as directly comparable or better than the K3003's! At around 300 eurs that's no mean feat. 

I thought I had found Nirvana when I got the GR10's but there are likely much better options available for less.
The GR10 are exellent for some music but no all rounders by any means. The 3003 are great but in Germany still over 1000 Euro, that is way to expensive as other brands offer the same at a third or less if the price, but as always we are impressed by high priced statements. Sennheiser IE80 is still ar the top of the game even 4 years after their release, a classic already and there aren't to many of these, as models change quickly and new brands hit the market all the time.

Sep 25, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #1,072 of 1,160
if you are in germany, you have to try beyer x a&k [COLOR=141823]AK T8iE[/COLOR]

[COLOR=141823]those are sick..[/COLOR]

[COLOR=141823]for grado i think they shoud cut their price tag.. jvc fx series are better than gr10 with cheaper price.. [/COLOR]
No doubt the Beyer/ AK will be good but I can't spend 1000 Euro on an in ear, so I stick to my IE80.

Sep 25, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #1,073 of 1,160
The GR10 are exellent for some music but no all rounders by any means. The 3003 are great but in Germany still over 1000 Euro, that is way to expensive as other brands offer the same at a third or less if the price, but as always we are impressed by high priced statements. Sennheiser IE80 is still ar the top of the game even 4 years after their release, a classic already and there aren't to many of these, as models change quickly and new brands hit the market all the time.

I was not suggesting anyone go for the K3003's; I was suggesting taking a look at the DUNU range as best "bang for buck" and  I am sure the IE80 is also a stellar value set of IEM's.

Oct 4, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #1,074 of 1,160
I'm a Ponoplayer owner and have the Grado GR10 IEM's but the combination just doesn't rock my boat. There is to much voltage out (and hiss) from the Pono to be used with such high sensitivity IEM's. And as both can be described as somewhat lean sounding I would like to get some recommendations for DAP's that works great with the GR10. I'm not a big fan of the ESS Sabre Dacs, so old players are not a problem - but they need to be able to play WAV-files.

Oct 4, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #1,075 of 1,160
I'm a Ponoplayer owner and have the Grado GR10 IEM's but the combination just doesn't rock my boat. There is to much voltage out (and hiss) from the Pono to be used with such high sensitivity IEM's. And as both can be described as somewhat lean sounding I would like to get some recommendations for DAP's that works great with the GR10. I'm not a big fan of the ESS Sabre Dacs, so old players are not a problem - but they need to be able to play WAV-files.
I got good result with FiiO X1 and my iPhone 5s with Relisten player.

Oct 5, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #1,077 of 1,160
Sure, the X3ii is also excellent. But the X1 is really fine too, and cheaper. I ran the X3ii with GR10's for about 6months. 

Fine combo. Very happy. It's very tolerant of what you throw at it, so it can grow with you, as you discover more formats. Native DSD is a BIG plus, SACD Rips, ISOs, no problem. WAVs of course in all flavours, FLACs, APEs, erm... WMAs, etc etc etc.

Fiio's are super all-rounders.

Oct 20, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #1,078 of 1,160
I have been using IE 800's for the past year and yesterday decided to buy some GR 10's. So far I am very disappointed with the first impressions as they seem to be completely lacking bass. I am not a person who typically likes a bass heavy sound, however I do like to hear some thump when a drum beats. Even though I use the largest tips, I am still not getting a perfect seal in my ears, do you think this is causing my disappointment? Would just like some people who know more than me to give some advice. I am considering to return them or put them on eBay at this point. Should i order some comply tips or similar before giving up? 

Thanks!

Oct 20, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #1,080 of 1,160
You have tested the GR 10e next to the GR 10 and notice an improved bass performance? 

Yes, the GR10e is more grado than the GR10

Same treble, but this time with bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back