Grado Fan Club!
Mar 11, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #6,391 of 65,647
Hi Mark,
I find that I love the sound of my HE500's, using the jack out of my Van Alstine preamp the whole range is quite revealing
and smooth like Biscuitz says, however my experience is that the RS1i will mature and become quite smooth as well.
For comfort I go to the RS1i most often. If I want more excitement I use my Denon 2000. I would recommend the RS1i
overall... Good luck!

Mar 12, 2013 at 6:08 AM Post #6,392 of 65,647
Quote:
Hi Mark,
I find that I love the sound of my HE500's, using the jack out of my Van Alstine preamp the whole range is quite revealing
and smooth like Biscuitz says, however my experience is that the RS1i will mature and become quite smooth as well.
For comfort I go to the RS1i most often. If I want more excitement I use my Denon 2000. I would recommend the RS1i
overall... Good luck!

That's a big help....much thanks.

Mar 12, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #6,393 of 65,647
Grados....Grados....Grados...The gift that keeps on giving no matter the model....Enjoyment can always be had at any time...Fun fun cans.....
o2smile.gif

For the last couple days I have been listening exclusively to the SR60 (HD414 pads).  I had not given them any love for a while, so on Sunday night I pulled them out and said 'only you'  for at least three days, nothing else...lol

I did not worry about comparing them to their bigger brothers which I also own (SR225, RS-2, RS-1i).  I just enjoyed the shiiiit out of them.  Rock, metal, house, trance, dub, hip-hop, freestyle...I threw everything at them and they delivered.

In this hobby we try to climb the neverending ladder and sometimes we forget the steps... It just feels good to go back to the beginning and enjoy the journey....

Cheers!!!

Mar 13, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #6,395 of 65,647
Hi, i have a question about sr325is. I listen to them with Fiio e07k and a PC, very basic setup, I was wondering what else could I do besides using foobar2k with flacs and WASAPI enabled to improve sound? It's not that I'm not satisfied but if I can get some improvements in sound by let's say... using proper equilasation why not? I found a guide here on head-fi. Has anyone tried that out? Also, I read that putting G-cush on would decrease the amount of bass but that they are more comfortable. If I eq bass to higher setting would it compensate? Thanks...

Mar 13, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #6,396 of 65,647
Quote:
Much love HeatFan12! The SR60 is a special headphone in terms of enjoyment-per-dollar! I haven't come across another headphone that comes close in that regard!

Much love Biscuitz....
beerchug.gif

Absolutely.....They're still going and going....Good times!!

Cheers!!!

Mar 13, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #6,397 of 65,647
Quote:
I agree, the RS1 and RS2 are super comfortable because they are so light! The same goes for my V5 in Vibro Classic Cups. The key is to make sure to bend the headband apart enough to relieve clamping force. Then the wood Grados sit on your head like a feather.

Do you think it is worth spending the extra money to get RS-1i or save a few $$$ and get RS-2i?

Mar 13, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #6,399 of 65,647
Quote:
Rs1 100% of the time....
Nothing wrong with the RS2 but the RS1 is THE Grado.

Do you mind (or anyone else) explaining this a bit more?
Please and thank you!

Mar 13, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #6,400 of 65,647
Quote:

Do you think it is worth spending the extra money to get RS-1i or save a few $$$ and get RS-2i?

I'd say RS1i.

I just feel that the improvement you get from the Prestige Series to the RS2i is not substantial enough to warrant the purchase. However, the RS1i is a noticeable improvement over the Prestige Series.

You can just about pick up a used RS1i for the price of a new RS2i.

Mar 13, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #6,402 of 65,647
Quote:

I have an Rs2 and absolutely love it. With that said, I still went on and bought an Rs1i which is currently in transit to me , so I'll find out soon enough if it's worth the extra $200+ that I spent on it.

Mar 14, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #6,403 of 65,647
Thanks for all the RS-1i and RS-2i impressions!

I want to get one or the other but am paralyzed by indecision! :D

Mar 14, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #6,404 of 65,647
Quote:
I have an Rs2 and absolutely love it. With that said, I still went on and bought an Rs1i which is currently in transit to me , so I'll find out soon enough if it's worth the extra $200+ that I spent on it.

Very curious about this. I thought about the 2 vs the 1 when I was picking mine but I decided I didn't want to wonder what more there was.

Mar 15, 2013 at 7:02 AM Post #6,405 of 65,647
Quote:
I'd say RS1i.

I just feel that the improvement you get from the Prestige Series to the RS2i is not substantial enough to warrant the purchase. However, the RS1i is a noticeable improvement over the Prestige Series.

You can just about pick up a used RS1i for the price of a new RS2i.

Admittedly, the RS1i is an improvement over the 2is in terms of sound quality and will justify the price difference, but I feel that RS2i sounds more like a Grado than the 1i does as it is more aggressive than the latter. With less treble decay and tighter bass, RS2i are better headphones for rock and metal music, the Rs1i, on the other hand, are more of a all-rounder headphones, it sounds good for most music genre except classical. So it is all up to personal preference to choose from the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back