Grado Fan Club!
Jan 7, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #6,031 of 65,633
Quote:
Count me in! Started with 125is and now have the RS2is shortly after :]

By any chance did you demo the model's below/above (325is/RS1i) before your purchase? If so IYO how/how much did they differ and how did you come to the decision of the RS2i?
Also why did you upgrade from the 125i? Just interested IYO. Thank's, I'm only asking because I upgraded from the SR80i to the MS2i then switched  to the 325is recently.

Jan 7, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #6,032 of 65,633
Who's the newest RS1 owner? Meeeeee!

Upgrading from the 80i's...have had them 3 years now. Thanks to a fellow head-fi user, they're a used 1999 pre-serial model, white drivers, look and smell great lol.

Jan 7, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #6,034 of 65,633
Nice budget CD player. The Grados I've had for a while, though.
ve5aququ.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Jan 8, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #6,035 of 65,633
Quote:
Who's the newest RS1 owner? Meeeeee!

Upgrading from the 80i's...have had them 3 years now. Thanks to a fellow head-fi user, they're a used 1999 pre-serial model, look and smell great lol.

Congrats!! Great avatar, too...I miss Axl and the boys! One of the greatest revelations with my Grados has been how amazing my GnR Live disc sounds all of a sudden. Brings those tracks to life! 

Jan 8, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #6,036 of 65,633
Jan 8, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #6,038 of 65,633
Nice budget CD player. The Grados I've had for a while, though.
ve5aququ.jpg

Is that an Onkyo? (flash obscures a bit of the model # on the front)

Yeah, onkyo c-7030. Pretty nice for my first CD player.

And I just realized I posted it in the wrong thread. :xf_eek: I meant to post that pic in significant purchases, but hey, it's here already, I'll leave it.

Jan 8, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #6,039 of 65,633
It's a good picture. :)

How do you like that CDP? I've seen them mentioned a few times in the past, but my only experience with Onkyo has been their shelf systems and AVRs (neither of which have impressed me much, but I have this feeling that Onkyo is like Toyota - they have a lot of economy models that will "get you there" but there's also Lexus sitting in the background to show the world what billions of dollars of R&D can accomplish).

Jan 8, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #6,040 of 65,633
It's a good picture. :)

How do you like that CDP? I've seen them mentioned a few times in the past, but my only experience with Onkyo has been their shelf systems and AVRs (neither of which have impressed me much, but I have this feeling that Onkyo is like Toyota - they have a lot of economy models that will "get you there" but there's also Lexus sitting in the background to show the world what billions of dollars of R&D can accomplish).

I can't comment on how it compares to other CD players; I haven't heard any. What I can tell you is that it's a huge step up from my laptop souncard. From what I've read online while looking for a good player to buy, it's a steal at its $200 price tag. Anywhere I go that has discussed ~$200 players, the C-7030 is recommended or listed as one of the best in its price range. So I thought what the hell. I got it and I'm not regretting it one bit.

Plus now, without that nasty computer monitor in the way, I can finally focus on the music. :)

Jan 9, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #6,041 of 65,633
Quote:
It's a good picture.
smily_headphones1.gif

I can tell you this, if you are looking for a very good, well built, sounding cd player, the vintage sony cdp-c601/701/801, as well as the 67/77/87ES model's sound beutiful and you can pick them up on ebay at time's for 100$U.S.give or take a couple of dollar's

Jan 9, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #6,042 of 65,633
I can tell you this, if you are looking for a very good, well built, sounding cd player, the vintage sony cdp-c601/701/801, as well as the 67/77/87ES model's sound beutiful and you can pick them up on ebay at time's for 100$U.S.give or take a couple of dollar's

Oh I'm quite satisfied with my current player (I have a JVC that I spent a few years to find). I had a Sony ES a while ago though - it wasn't bad sounding, but I certainly wasn't in love with it.

Jan 9, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #6,045 of 65,633
Quote:
I think I'll be happy with mine for a while. My money's going to the most important of my setup: the music.

Love hearing that! I really think some folks get so caught up in the gear that they forget the whole point of why we buy it :)  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back