Grado Fan Club!
Dec 2, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #5,701 of 65,636
Hi fellow Grado Addicts.
Has anyone used the LD MK IV with any Grado's? (or any easier to drive 'phones in general)

i find my 225's so addictive for metal/rock... i like them for a lot of EDM as well.
stuff like cosmic gate... goes really well :)

Dec 3, 2012 at 8:24 AM Post #5,702 of 65,636
Hi fellow Grado Addicts.
Has anyone used the LD MK IV with any Grado's? (or any easier to drive 'phones in general)

i find my 225's so addictive for metal/rock... i like them for a lot of EDM as well.
stuff like cosmic gate... goes really well :)

I think Focker uses an LD with his Grados.

I can agree with the EDM bit on Grados irregardless though - I tend to listen to a lot of that on the RS-1, and enjoyed it on the 225 when I had them.

Dec 5, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #5,706 of 65,636
First post!

Got my first pair of Grados this past weekend! SR125i's, they are the most amazing headphones I have ever used. I then stumbled onto this amazing place, it's been a great week so far!

Dec 5, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #5,707 of 65,636
Quote:
First post!
Got my first pair of Grados this past weekend! SR125i's, they are the most amazing headphones I have ever used. I then stumbled onto this amazing place, it's been a great week so far!

Welcome to Head-Fi, glad to see you're enjoying your 125s, Grados tend to be very addictive if you like their sound signature.

Happy listening

Dec 6, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #5,708 of 65,636
Quote:
First post!

Great choice! You'll get many, many hours of enjoyment out of those. Glad to have you in our thread! 

Dec 6, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #5,709 of 65,636
I'm going to try and find some ELO CDs over my winter break, I'm tired of having to youtube them. Any suggestions besides Out of the Blue, Eldorado, and their first album?

Dec 6, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #5,710 of 65,636
You will for certain also need to get "New World Record" and Face the Music" maybe also get "On The Third Day " with the three you already mentioned. Forget about anything released after "Out of the Blue".. It's all going downhill from there :)

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #5,711 of 65,636
First post!

Congrats! And in advance, sorry for your wallet :)

Hope you have a good amp to power those! Grados become something else after powering them with an Amp :) I enjoy my Grado RS1i with The Continental V2 atm :)

Also, I'm looking for a PS1000, anyone know a Grado dealer in the LA area? XD

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #5,712 of 65,636
I have had my SR225i for a few weeks now and so far I couldn't be happier. As said earlier, I only listened SR325is before trying these ones, and I have previously tested old SR80 and newer SR125i.
I hope that I never get so curious that I go and try wooden models...

Dec 7, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #5,713 of 65,636
Quote:
I have had my SR225i for a few weeks now and so far I couldn't be happier. As said earlier, I only listened SR325is before trying these ones, and I have previously tested old SR80 and newer SR125i.
I hope that I never get so curious that I go and try wooden models...

One of the biggest reasons why I love grados is because they are just like Magnepan speakers in that even the lowest speaker/headphone in the line gives you a taste of what makes the more expensive models so great. As you go up the line you get more of a great thing, just with more refinement, etc. Although the 500s and the GS1ks are my favorite Grados, the 80s will always be the reason why I fell in love with the sound. 

Dec 9, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #5,715 of 65,636
Hey!
Wasn't someone in this thread recently considering picking up a deck and setting up an analog rig? What happened with that?

Probably lots of people. :p

I mentioned wanting to dig out my TT, I got it out of the box, and realized it was bigger than I remembered it being, so back in the box it went. :xf_eek: I also wish I had a reason to use my AKAI, as it is decidedly the most dapper looking audio component I've ever seen, but I'm always reminded that it plays TAPES and nothing else. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back