Grado Fan Club!
Oct 29, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #5,251 of 65,629
Just wanted to share some music I just heard for the first time and was blown away by - the "Goat Rodeo" sessions featuring Chris Thile, Yo-Yo Ma, Edgar Meyer and Stuart Duncan. I think of my Grados as the fifth member of this incredible group....

http://youtu.be/d-31e8Nlujw?hd=1

Oct 29, 2012 at 2:06 AM Post #5,254 of 65,629
So does anyone know for a good pads for Grado SR 225? Or where to get the original pads for reasonable price? Please send me a PM

I'm from Slovenia (Europe)

Thanks!!!

L-Cush is what you want, but I have no idea where to get them in Slovenia (I know TTVJ has them in the US - I don't know if they ship international) - have you tried e-mailing Grado?

Oct 29, 2012 at 6:12 AM Post #5,255 of 65,629
Quote:

This must be the only headphone brand thread where people talk about collecting the "family." 

gs1000.gif

hi friends....
not long ago i bought SR80i... n my forum friends offering his ms1i alumod for cheap prize, yup n i take it....
n a week ago i woodied both... 
in meet my friend show his SR225i,MS2i,n magnum....  n n now i want to sell ms1i, get SR22i n upgraded it even more...
seriously.... yes u right about collecting the "family"
maybe, grado show us the "loyal" way... really i'm quite stuck with this brand :D
gs1000.gif

Oct 29, 2012 at 6:27 AM Post #5,256 of 65,629
I'm loving my 325is...mostly.  The emphasis on the highs just seems shrill to me sometimes, it does get a bit fatiguing after a while.  I have a pair of L-cush, TTVJ flats, but I am using G-cush right now.  I've heard reports that these reduce the SQ on the headphones where they don't come stock.  I've just found them to be the only pads I can really stand comfort-wise.

My next upgrade is going to be a fully wooden V4 Magnum set from Martin Custom Audio (wooden cups, wooden inners, wooden gimbals and rodblocks), I just need a month or two to save up for it.  I'm thinking Amboyna Burl, but I really have no idea on the sonic differences between wood types.  I'm thinking the Amboyna Burl cups with Gabon Ebony gimbals and rodblocks would look amazing.

Oct 29, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #5,258 of 65,629
Quote:
I'm loving my 325is...mostly.  The emphasis on the highs just seems shrill to me sometimes, it does get a bit fatiguing after a while.  I have a pair of L-cush, TTVJ flats, but I am using G-cush right now.  I've heard reports that these reduce the SQ on the headphones where they don't come stock.  I've just found them to be the only pads I can really stand comfort-wise.

My next upgrade is going to be a fully wooden V4 Magnum set from Martin Custom Audio (wooden cups, wooden inners, wooden gimbals and rodblocks), I just need a month or two to save up for it.  I'm thinking Amboyna Burl, but I really have no idea on the sonic differences between wood types.  I'm thinking the Amboyna Burl cups with Gabon Ebony gimbals and rodblocks would look amazing.

+1

Oct 29, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #5,259 of 65,629
Quote:
Just wanted to share some music I just heard for the first time and was blown away by - the "Goat Rodeo" sessions featuring Chris Thile, Yo-Yo Ma, Edgar Meyer and Stuart Duncan. I think of my Grados as the fifth member of this incredible group....

http://youtu.be/d-31e8Nlujw?hd=1

That's a great album - check out Edgar Meyer w/Jerry Douglas and Russ Barenberg on "Skip, Hop & Wobble" (a desert island album)!

Oct 29, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #5,260 of 65,629
Quote:

Unfortunately the reason that you're getting those very shrill highs (almost 'tizzy') is the G Cush.  If you're intending using the RS1i also with the G Cush, I'd say you're going to experience the same thing.

Not sure about how the Magnums would sound with G Cush - but maybe ask in the Magnum thread?  Also - anyone tried the PS500 with G Cush?  That may be a better option than the 325.

It's a pity that you can't stand the comfort on the bowls.  Bowls + 325i sound excellent to me ..........

Oct 29, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #5,262 of 65,629
Oct 29, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #5,263 of 65,629
Quote:
Quote:

Unfortunately the reason that you're getting those very shrill highs (almost 'tizzy') is the G Cush.  If you're intending using the RS1i also with the G Cush, I'd say you're going to experience the same thing.

Not sure about how the Magnums would sound with G Cush - but maybe ask in the Magnum thread?  Also - anyone tried the PS500 with G Cush?  That may be a better option than the 325.

It's a pity that you can't stand the comfort on the bowls.  Bowls + 325i sound excellent to me ..........

I'm a G-Cush believer so .......  I still liked my 325is better than the PS500, both G-Cush'd.  Eventually I decided there was just a little too much mid-bass from the 500's.  For me, that is.  You can blame the G-Cush for all sins if you like.
wink_face.gif

Oct 29, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #5,264 of 65,629
Wow, so that's two of you guys who liked the 325s over the 500s? I have to say, that really surprises me!  I"m not unfamiliar with the "lesser" headphone being the preferred headphone, cause that happens with me, too....I'm just surprised at this specific example lol.  

Oct 29, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #5,265 of 65,629
Quote:

wowowowowowowowowowow. 

wow. 

I posted this pic because i rememberd you said that you like to see the GS and PS1000s together,i usually take crappy pictrues but this one came out pretty nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back