Grado Fan Club!
May 25, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #2,986 of 65,624
HD414 are definitely very comfortable, probably more than PX100-Bowls.

Flats gave you red antihelix? Wow. My only problem with flats is that the pressure doesn't leave your ear (or it doesn't go around it like the bowls do) and it get's "kind of" annoying with something more weighty like SR325i. RS1, super light, I have no problem with flats, and they are generally seen as being comfortable also (at least they get recommended as a first solution), well for me that was until I read that you had problems with them, I can understand how, though, because of that ear pressure thing...

Bowls are still the worst in terms of comfort for me... and they also gave me a red antihelix once or twice. Fostex T50RP with stock pads have the exact same problem, that your ear touches the baffle and irritates your antihelix. I fixed my problem, again, by putting a PX100 pad against it, lol. Those pads are my savior.

Yes great thread, post away :p. I will help you and post pictures, respond to people.

I'm about to make a "Thread for the summer, which of these full-size headphone are the coolest, poll".

May 25, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #2,987 of 65,624
May 25, 2012 at 5:08 AM Post #2,988 of 65,624
May 25, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #2,989 of 65,624
trying to find the / a little plastic spacer (looks like it's about a three inch piece of plastic) that holds the cables apart above where the cables split from one to two?

I swear I've seen pictures but I can't find an example.

thanks

May 26, 2012 at 2:57 AM Post #2,990 of 65,624
Good news =) just found a foam company who is willing to make the earpads. However it will take awhile and a few more meetings until we have a agreement and produce a few for my personal use. I would like to send 2-3 pairs off for free for people to review if i do manage to get them produced to see the effectiveness of the design. =) But that will be much later ... =) whee first problem solved, many more to come =)

Cheers,

Jin

May 26, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #2,991 of 65,624
Good news =) just found a foam company who is willing to make the earpads. However it will take awhile and a few more meetings until we have a agreement and produce a few for my personal use. I would like to send 2-3 pairs off for free for people to review if i do manage to get them produced to see the effectiveness of the design. =) But that will be much later ... =) whee first problem solved, many more to come =)

Cheers,

Jin

I'll volunteer to test them!

May 26, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #2,992 of 65,624
May 26, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #2,993 of 65,624
Quote:

Cheers,

Jin

I'm in!

May 26, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #2,994 of 65,624
That's awesome, I'll definitely buy a pair of each production model, maybe two.

I wish you success in this enterprise. Is Chris_Himself helping you or anything?

Those could become super popular if you anyhow succeed in improving sound, or comfort. I see every Grado owner on this forum getting at least one!

May 26, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #2,995 of 65,624
Me and chris have discussed the idea infrequently as i plan to make these pads first for personal use. There is definitely always help from chris with his advise and support which works both ways, he is a great business partner =) we chat bimonthly to have updates on how things are going on each side =) 

May 26, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #2,996 of 65,624
Jin, you guys really need to get into making wooden cups. Seems like just about everyone has abandoned the market and you'd sell a ton of them for $75-100 /set. Just a friendly heads up. :)

Oh, and I'd be happy to test and review the pads for you. I can try them out with my SR60s and the PS500s I have coming in on Tuesday.

May 27, 2012 at 4:18 AM Post #2,997 of 65,624
Quote:
Jin, you guys really need to get into making wooden cups. Seems like just about everyone has abandoned the market and you'd sell a ton of them for $75-100 /set. Just a friendly heads up.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh, and I'd be happy to test and review the pads for you. I can try them out with my SR60s and the PS500s I have coming in on Tuesday.

I do see the need to come up with wooden cups as i do use some myself (cabillas sapele cups) however I personally love the grado brand a lot and am changing  to wooden inners with sr325i alu cups just so that they can display the grado name. (yes i am shallow enough that i want people to know that i am wearing 300usd headphones haha) I am a graphic designer working at ogilvy & mathers and i guess im too caught up with branding, looks and design (especially minimalistic design) which is why i try my best to keep any mods of mine looking as close to stock grado's as possible. There are skilled wood workers here but im more caught up with design with functionality more than anything else =) I doubt i would be able to produce a cup which would match the level of creativity and originality that many of the MOT's have already done. Kudos to them and their fantastic work =) Thanks for the input and i really appreciate it, will keep it in mind =)

May 27, 2012 at 5:37 AM Post #2,998 of 65,624
Just got a pair of SR80i 

Still breaking them in but i can see what all the fuss is about
I listen to a lot of acoustic and they really make the music sound so bright and alive

Next on the list are few modifications

May 27, 2012 at 5:50 AM Post #2,999 of 65,624
Quote:
Just got a pair of SR80i 

Still breaking them in but i can see what all the fuss is about
I listen to a lot of acoustic and they really make the music sound so bright and alive

Next on the list are few modifications

Congrats, I too just bought a pair of SR80i 'phones, once these cans get broken in, they really open up and sound a lot better IMO.

Unlike you, I honestly wasn't that impressed initially. I didn't see what what all the fuss was about, but once they had burned in though, it was a different story altogether.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 28, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #3,000 of 65,624
My next purchase will likely be a pair of 325is, I am also eyeing up the MS2. Can owners of both chime in and possibly give me the strengths and weaknesses of each. Would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back