Grado Fan Club!
Sep 4, 2011 at 12:00 PM Post #886 of 65,629
About a week ago I bought a used sr325is's from ebay, also bought a JDS labs altoids tin amp...I was getting interested in this audiophile when I bought a shure srh240's from my friend, so I did some research... and loved the vintage looking, love inducing Grados... I went for them even thought where I live no one has them and the most i have payed for headphones was 50 for the shures. When I received them... THE SOUND erected my hairs and i felt that this was the most beautiful thing ever heard...I'm in love with Grado, with their philosophy about artisan production quality, and also how moddable they seem to be, they have received approval from my friend, but most importantly, from my classical guitar teacher, Jose Antonio Lopez (search on youtube "Jose Antonio Lopez un sueño en la floresta"). When he tried them with a song he used in class, He opened his eyes and told me "Where I can get this!?', I just gotta say, I just love Grado.

Sep 4, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #888 of 65,629
Sep 4, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #890 of 65,629

Quote:
It's hard to tell how much is better cable or improved drivers but I have done the comparison with both the 125s I have versus the 125i and the 325s and there is some improvement.  It would be nice to hear what a silver cable could do on the RS2is.

I've heard what the silver cable did to the RS-325 Grados (in wooden cups).  The sound was sweet!  Much different - and improved, over the standard Grado SR-325.

Sep 4, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #891 of 65,629

Quote:

I've heard what the silver cable did to the RS-325 Grados (in wooden cups).  The sound was sweet!  Much different - and improved, over the standard Grado SR-325.

My 225s have silver cable and wooden cups and sound terrific.

Sep 4, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #892 of 65,629

Quote:
About a week ago I bought a used sr325is's from ebay, also bought a JDS labs altoids tin amp...I was getting interested in this audiophile when I bought a shure srh240's from my friend, so I did some research... and loved the vintage looking, love inducing Grados... I went for them even thought where I live no one has them and the most i have payed for headphones was 50 for the shures. When I received them... THE SOUND erected my hairs and i felt that this was the most beautiful thing ever heard...I'm in love with Grado, with their philosophy about artisan production quality, and also how moddable they seem to be, they have received approval from my friend, but most importantly, from my classical guitar teacher, Jose Antonio Lopez (search on youtube "Jose Antonio Lopez un sueño en la floresta"). When he tried them with a song he used in class, He opened his eyes and told me "Where I can get this!?', I just gotta say, I just love Grado.

Welcome to the club.
Very enjoyable performance, thanks for the mention.

Sep 4, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #893 of 65,629
YES!!! I am quite pretty handy with electronics...so i bought them first to see how they are supposed to be heard when they are well made, so I think that will be my next project!! a Ra1 in a yugioh tin amp!

Sep 5, 2011 at 9:37 AM Post #894 of 65,629

Quote:
 When I received them... THE SOUND erected my hairs and i felt that this was the most beautiful thing ever heard...I'm in love with Grado, with their philosophy about artisan production quality, and also how moddable they seem to be, they have received approval from my friend, but most importantly, from my classical guitar teacher, Jose Antonio Lopez (search on youtube "Jose Antonio Lopez un sueño en la floresta"). When he tried them with a song he used in class, He opened his eyes and told me "Where I can get this!?', I just gotta say, I just love Grado.

Guitars and Grado's are like Peanut Butter & Jelly
L3000.gif

Sep 5, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #895 of 65,629
I must agree with that sentiment.  "Lover, You Should've Come Over" by Jeff Buckley was already one of my favorite songs.  When I listened to it through my PC on my 80s last night...  It was a revelation.  I must admit I got a little emotional.

Sep 5, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #896 of 65,629

Quote:
I must agree with that sentiment.  "Lover, You Should've Come Over" by Jeff Buckley was already one of my favorite songs.  When I listened to it through my PC on my 80s last night...  It was a revelation.  I must admit I got a little emotional.

Amen. Can't count how many 'rediscovery' sessions when I went through my collection. Or when you stumble upon performances like these on youtube:

Normal reactions include and not limited to:

1. Taking off your Grado from your head and looking at it in wonder.
  2. Close your eyes, furl your eyebrows, bite lower lip, tap foot and bob head.

Sep 5, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #897 of 65,629
About 20 hours burn-in on the RS2i, bass deep and taut and more clear and open.  Nils Lofgren and Van Morrison sound great!

Sep 5, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #898 of 65,629
Sep 6, 2011 at 12:38 AM Post #899 of 65,629

My favorite (Grado) Song. Just my favorite song ever.

Sounds better in Flac :)

Sep 6, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #900 of 65,629
RS1s are great! I still listen to them even after getting my LCD 2s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back