Grado Fan Club!
Jan 31, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #181 of 65,623
Ok, I'm pumped. Tomorrow I get to order my new 225is, and as long as Amazon Prime continues to work its magic, I should have them by the Friday or Saturday at the latest!! 

Jan 31, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #182 of 65,623
Given that you have been 'jumping around the house' since the 25th January, I think you might have peaked a little too soon. You'll be unconscious when they finally knock on your door with the Grados !

Jan 31, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #183 of 65,623
The sr125i's plus PA2v2 is orgasmic

Feb 1, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #185 of 65,623

Quote:
Congratulations Viking. I hope they match your expectations.

As do I. I just placed the order and payed only $3.99 on one day shipping, but because of the time of day I should get them on Thursday instead of tomorrow. I will post my initial impressions when I get a chance to listen to them. 

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #187 of 65,623
do eeeet.

Feb 1, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #189 of 65,623
People who have had or have the 225i, if you bought yours new, how long was the burn in? I am a believer in burn in. but I think its a combination of the headphones actually changing oh so slightly and the way your brain adjusts to the sound signature.  

Feb 1, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #190 of 65,623
whats the sound difference between moded 125's (wooded, holes, cloth removed) then un-modded?

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #193 of 65,623

Quote:
Seriously thinking of trading my pair of DT880s for a nice set of SR-325is.... Decisions, decisions...

I would seriously think that decision over - you really need to hear the 325is with something like a Joe Satriani guitar solo before making a decision like that. Something where Joe, or John Petrucci, is trying to wring as many high notes as he can find out of that guitar. I can live with the 325's idiosyncrasies, but many simply cant - not something to lauch yourself into without a lengthy audition.

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #194 of 65,623
the two mods are independent of eachother, people just tend to do both at the same time because of the "well, while i'm in here I might as well" train of thought.

Venting the drivers will increase the bass. the more you vent, the more bass you get. I found joy at 2 vents, others 4, some go for all 10, I'd start with 2-4 and go from there if you want more. dampening the cups however is a different mod entirely. by dampening the cups, you are helping prevent wave reflections from bouncing out the back of the driver, and back into your ears. this helps reduce silibance (or is it sibilance... Its kind of late here, I'm procrastinating a paper I need to do and drinking redbull...I think its sibilance. I don't know...anywayyyyy) in the sound signature. sibilance (yeah, i'll go with that spelling bob, and thats my final answer) is what makes your brain kind of hurt in the temples after a while. I didn't find this mod necessary, but some find it very helpful, it depends on your ears and your preferences.

Yum, those aluminum cups with bowl pads look awesome.. hmmm...I wonder if a vented and modded SR325i with bowls could do dubstep and trance well... thats a tantilizing thought. or maybe an SR60 with bowl pads, custom aluminum cups, and 10 vent holes. the 10 vent holes would balance out the bass-absorbing g-cush pads. with a black J$ headband they would be gorgeous... hmm... Grado sound with bass, and thump... this sounds like a great idea...

I need to put a neutrik plug on my sr60 first though, I keep accidentally puting pressure on the straight jack and if I keep it up i'll break my headphone out.

Actually, I'm impressed with how well my woodied SR60's do electronica. They sound better than anything I've heard (thats not much at all), and I prefer them to the v6 which I don't find fun at all, even if it has more bass than the grado... Now, listening to the Seether live album on the grado's today was amazing. Even though today was a downer, and the songs were sad, the realism of it all, the airyness, the attack of his voice, the resonance of the individual strings of the guitar reverberating through my (cheaply and poorly crafted) oak shells was wow.

I don't know why I'm typing this, I really don't...

Does anyone have a Neutrik right angle plug they'd ship via envelope? I can't justify buying a $3 connector and paying $5 shipping. PM me.... anyway. I'm getting WAY off topic, and should probably get back to work. So, Hasta la musica and Bien Viaje! Or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back