Grado Fan Club!
Apr 2, 2024 at 12:15 PM Post #65,176 of 65,789
And they've arrived.
Out of my 4 PS1000 headphones these are only my 2 BNIB--and they are absolutely gorgeous.
The chrome finish is exceptional as is the cable which is without any kinks whatsoever. After some burn in and listening for a day or two--I'll be doing minor modification which only include adding the 1/8" O-rings and shaft collars for desired height adjustment--and then terminating them to 4-pin XLR since my chain is fully balanced.
IMG_0213.jpeg

IMG_0215.jpeg
Beautiful and new, the quest is over.
Congratulations one more time…..

Apr 2, 2024 at 2:45 PM Post #65,178 of 65,789
Simple easy mods done today on the new PS1000.
O-rings and shaft collars and new stalk caps--as well as a Neutrik 4-Pin XLR termination.
IMG_0216.jpeg

IMG_0217.jpeg

Apr 2, 2024 at 4:09 PM Post #65,179 of 65,789
I really have a hard time going to bed these days...

IMG_4063.jpeg
And after doing my kneading of the cable for two days (OK, not around the clock) it starts to feel more like a cable and less like a stick.

Apr 3, 2024 at 12:43 AM Post #65,182 of 65,789
I just bought a strange pair of SR325is. They are a pair of Chromes that have obviously been repaired at some point as they are fitted with the thicker and shorter cable with a 3.5mm plug and they have e drivers.
Pretty sure all of the cables are the same length--or close.
Most probably the reason for the shorter cable is because someone terminated them from 1/4" to 1/8" for a portable device--and maybe the original drivers failed and Grado didn't have any more 325is drivers, so they replaced them with the (e) series drivers. What leads you to bier these are (e) series drivers?

Apr 3, 2024 at 2:42 PM Post #65,187 of 65,789
Hello friends,
I switched from HIFIMAN sundara to GRADO 325X - a pleasure.

Which pads are recommended to buy for them that will be more comfortable and have better hearing? I've seen all kinds on AliExpress...I'd love a link

also. Is it recommended to purchase a portable AMP DAC to enjoy the headphones more?
Most of my music is ethnic instruments (flute, acoustic guitar, piano) so I'm looking for the thrill

Apr 3, 2024 at 3:01 PM Post #65,188 of 65,789
So, I’m finding the e drivers in my 325is to absolutely not be harsh in the treble. Maybe age and hearing loss. I’ve never owned 325’s before and I’ve read so much about harsh treble. I’d say the treble is smooth and balanced, maybe also the increased bass response is helping? I find this cans sound more like the RS2’s I owned years ago. Any one else with the same experience?

Apr 3, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #65,189 of 65,789
Hello friends,

Which pads are recommended to buy for them that will be more comfortable and have better hearing? I've seen all kinds on AliExpress...I'd love a link

also. Is it recommended to purchase a portable AMP DAC to enjoy the headphones more?
Most of my music is ethnic instruments (flute, acoustic guitar, piano) so I'm looking for the thrill
Hi, I recomend you getting the grado G pads they are 50$ which is a little expensive but they make your grado much more comfortable and also boost the bass a and a little extra soundstage.

https://gradolabs.com/products/grado-headphone-replacement-cushion-g

Or you can get them on Aliexpress for about 3 euros but they are more uncorfortable and may sound worse.

Here are the ones i have.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...order_list.order_list_main.118.23641802L0KGMY

You could also get Nyczaj pads which are very comfortable.

https://www.nyczaj.audio/product-page/nyczaj-earpads-for-Grado-headphones

Also there are the Beutiful audio earpads which i don't know a lot about but many people love these.

https://www.beautifulaudio.biz/products

Apr 3, 2024 at 3:22 PM Post #65,190 of 65,789
Hello friends,

Ear pads are one of the most widely discussed topics here. Ask a dozen Grado heads and you'll get a dozen answers. :)

Personally I'm a big fan of the Nyczaj pads. They're soft and cushy and fit over the ear. Worlds better comfort wise.

They will change the sound a bit. They pump up the bass slightly and tamp down treble slightly. For some people that is a no go; I happen to prefer it.

Grados dont need a lot of power. Certainly not as much as the Sundara you're used to. Any decent portable device can make them sound good. Lots of folks here enjoy their fancier amps also and I'll let them chime in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back