Grado Fan Club!
Mar 21, 2024 at 10:28 PM Post #64,966 of 65,629
As a sequel to #64,963 ....
IMG_7570.jpeg
IMG_7572.jpeg
Early impression summation: Fantastic! GH1 sound is extraordinarily well balanced, dynamic, impactful, with beautiful soundstage rendition ...

Mar 22, 2024 at 1:14 AM Post #64,967 of 65,629
Waiting for your impressions. Also, I would like to know the community’s opinion about RS-1 “button” Classic. Is it worth $400 for a perfect condition piece? Is the Vintage with pink drivers so much better than the Classic? I have a GH4 and PS500e and looking to add to my collection.

The RS1 Button is worth every Cent in my humble opinion. It works really well with my iPod Classic and with my Mojo 2 and some EQ it is outstanding.

And if you don't like it you can always resell it for the same price.

More here in my ongoing (if i buy more Grados :)) big review:
Post in thread 'Grado Fan Club! '
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/grado-fan-club.530965/post-17981515

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 2:04 AM Post #64,968 of 65,629
Early impression summation: Fantastic! GH1 sound is extraordinarily well balanced, dynamic, impactful, with beautiful soundstage rendition ...

I love GH1. :) It is extremely accurate and linear, with a touch of sweetness with my tube amp.

IMG_9013.jpg

Mar 22, 2024 at 6:50 AM Post #64,970 of 65,629
I've decided that these are the grados i want:

GH1 - 500 euros (used)
GH4/GH2 - 500 euros (used)
Hemp - 300 euros (used) already comes with Turbulent hedband and nyczaj pads :)
SR80 - 50 euros (used)
RS2e - 150 euros (used)
And maybe the PS500e or the PS500 people said it's not worth owning both PS500e and GH2 and they sound very much the same.

So in total it's 1500 euros.. Yikes... :upside_down::laughing:

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 11:40 AM Post #64,971 of 65,629
I've decided that these are the grados i want:

GH1 - 500 euros (used)
GH4/GH2 - 500 euros (used)
Hemp - 300 euros (used) already comes with Turbulent hedband and nyczaj pads :)
SR80 - 50 euros (used)
RS2e - 150 euros (used)
And maybe the PS500e or the PS500 people said it's not worth owning both PS500e and GH2 and they sound very much the same.

So in total it's 1500 euros.. Yikes... :upside_down::laughing:

One GH is enough as those are, too, quite similar.

Hemp and RS2e are a good addition to a GH as they are quite the polar opposites with the GHs in the middle.

Mar 22, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #64,972 of 65,629
Hi All

I posted a while back about how much I'm loving my new Grado SR325X headphones. I'm now three weeks into ownership and I am still absolutely loving them. I have this thing where I think to myself that maybe I'm just imagining how good they are, then when the end of the day comes, which is when I do my music listening usually, I plug them in and, gosh, I am reminded that they really are that good.

I use them with my Meridian Prime Headphone Amplifier (that's its full name) which is a DAC/amp which has its own separate dedicated power supply. I also use them with an iFi Audio xDSD Gryphon portable DAC/amp, a wonderful device and they also sound great with that.

That Meridian DAC/amp might not be very well known in North America, I am in the UK, however it is actually quite an old school device, it was even old school when I bought it in 2019. We tend to associate Meridian with cutting edge digital technology but this DAC/amp is a competently designed analogue amp with a DAC, in fact the crossfeed on it is analogue and in my experience very good indeed.

I experimented with an Astell&Kern Kann Ultra DAP last weekend, I bought it online, but I had to return it because for me it just sounded absolutely dreadful. I think that a lot of digital processing like that for a headphone device maybe is a problem for me. That DAP has masses of detail and it is amazing, in one sense, what it can do but listening to it set my teeth on edge. I'm not against digital processing like that in general, but that implementation seems to be a problem for me. I listened to that DAP mostly with my Sennheiser HD800S cans but also a bit with the Grado cans, it was awful with both.

I'm listening to music with the Grados now using my Meridian DAC/amp, the source is Audirvana on one of my Macs. So good!!!!

Anyway here is a pic of my newfound love:

IMG_0796.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 12:47 PM Post #64,973 of 65,629
Hi All

I posted a while back about how much I'm loving my new Grado SR325X headphones. I'm now three weeks into ownership and I am still absolutely loving them. I have this thing where I think to myself that maybe I'm just imagining how good they are, then when the end of the day comes, which is when I do my music listening usually, I plug them in and, gosh, I am reminded that they really are that good.

I use them with my Meridian Prime Headphone Amplifier (that's its full name) which is a DAC/amp which has its own separate dedicated power supply. I also use them with an iFi Audio xDSD Gryphon portable DAC/amp, a wonderful device and they also sound great with that.

That Meridian DAC/amp might not be very well known in North America, I am in the UK, however it is actually quite an old school device, it was even old school when I bought it in 2019. We tend to associate Meridian with cutting edge digital technology but this DAC/amp is a competently designed analogue amp with a DAC, in fact the crossfeed on it is analogue and in my experience very good indeed.

I experimented with an Astell&Kern Kann Ultra DAP last weekend, I bought it online, but I had to return it because for me it just sounded absolutely dreadful. I think that a lot of digital processing like that for a headphone device maybe is a problem for me. That DAP has masses of detail and it is amazing, in one sense, what it can do but listening to it set my teeth on edge. I'm not against digital processing like that in general, but that implementation seems to be a problem for me. I listened to that DAP mostly with my Sennheiser HD800S cans but also a bit with the Grado cans, it was awful with both.

I'm listening to music with the Grados now using my Meridian DAC/amp, the source is Audirvana on one of my Macs. So good!!!!

Anyway here is a pic of my newfound love:

IMG_0796.jpeg
Can't believe the Astell&Kern Kann Ultra DAP sound awful as the alpha model is fine to me.

Mar 22, 2024 at 1:38 PM Post #64,974 of 65,629
Can't believe the Astell&Kern Kann Ultra DAP sound awful as the alpha model is fine to me.
I reacted negatively to it, but how we perceive sound is, I think, a very individual thing and so your experience of the Alpha is of course totally valid. There are a lot of people who say very positive things about the Ultra and their opinions are completely valid, I'm sure it is a very good thing for them, however it wasn't working for me.

Mar 22, 2024 at 1:46 PM Post #64,975 of 65,629
I tried out the Sp3000. I liked it but I am happy I sold it as it's too expensive. I have not compared it in detail with my current gear. I am getting sufficient pleasure from the gear I currently have. Next time I will try to compare it a bit better. I don't regret I sold it about more then one month ago.

Mar 22, 2024 at 4:47 PM Post #64,976 of 65,629
As things happen... after having the GS3000x with me for one week thanks to my forthcoming local shop, I decided that it will stay. And since my collection started to show signs of getting just too big once again, some hard decisions were in order: My E3 had to go, I simply did not use it enough to justify the amount of money it costed. My Hemp and my PS500 will have to go as well (if anybody within the EU is interested please PM me.

Yes, I wish the GS3000x would reach a bit deeper. Resolution is very good though, and voices really come to life, It's stable and wide image is also appealing, as is the beautiful wood and it being lighter than the PS2000e. Which, in turn, does give me a bit deeper reaching bass response and tones upper mids/lower treble down a bit, a nice contrast.

IMG_3856.jpegIMG_3860.jpeg

Mar 22, 2024 at 6:00 PM Post #64,977 of 65,629
Mar 23, 2024 at 3:36 AM Post #64,980 of 65,629
I have a NOS BNIB one of these coming--this will be my 4th and it's not going anywhere this time--I swear!
Had them open up the box to verify 100% that these were in fact the PS1000 and not the PS1000e.
image0.jpeg
Great going, I know how much you like this model and it is beautiful. Congratulations again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back