Grado Fan Club!
Mar 20, 2024 at 1:56 AM Post #64,921 of 65,584
Right to the point, thanks for the info…,

😅

I knew John Chapais well and he was quite talented and a fine fellow. Likewise I dealt a lot with Joe and he introduced his first signature product at a seminar in the audio salon I worked at in Manhattan.

Joe Grado designed the Signature HP1000 but it was John Grado who built them. John built a total run of 900 of them, they had enough parts to build 1000.

I suppose the points in my post were wasted words and made no impact or you just didn’t understand the facts I stated and they were facts unlike your opinions that you spouted.

Did you think your backhanded good luck wish with the sale followed by your opinionated statement it could not be fixed would be of service or a help to me to sell them. You really stepped on my toes or was that hard for to realize.

Maybe as a change to your normal approach you should remember if you have nothing good to say don’t say anything. I would state that is a fact but cannot, it is my opinion.

Maybe in your rush to make a point you did not bother or care to think it through.

I got quite a lot of PM’s from fellow Head-Fiers after the posts and plenty of opinions all supporting my take on your email of “Joy”.

No need to respond further as I Don’t Value or CARE what you have to say and that is a FACT.

P.S. I joined the forum in 2005 and never once had to deal with anything at all like this. I prefer to not have to again.

Last Fact, there are other nice headphone related sites, maybe you should check them out.

Ciao
I don’t have any skin in this game and I don’t care one way or another. I’m responding to this comment because it’s a perfect example of what I witness in practically every forum thread on HeadFi.

Today I was simply trying to revise my signature so I just hopped into the first thread that I saw and posted a “Test” comment. The first thing that came back was a jabby comment followed by a long reply to another HeadFi’er basically telling him to leave the HeadFi community and find another site to contribute to.

Yesterday I had a random dude call me deaf and a lier for not agreeing with his opinion on an HE1000SE review.

Last week I had another person tell me I’m wrong about two headphones that I own and love and I should sell them because he thinks Meze are better.

The further I continue into various threads the more toxic the conversations are. It’s exhausting.

After five plus years of enjoying this community I’ve decided it’s just not fun anymore and I’m taking a long break from it all. All I see right now are random dudes peacocking over one another and fighting over the dumbest of reasons.

Not sure how it’s all supposed to enhance the experience but if this is what the community is encouraging you can count me out.

Mar 20, 2024 at 2:16 AM Post #64,922 of 65,584
I don’t have any skin in this game and I don’t care one way or another. I’m responding to this comment because it’s a perfect example of what I witness in practically every forum thread on HeadFi.

Today I was simply trying to revise my signature so I just hopped into the first thread that I saw and posted a “Test” comment. The first thing that came back was a jabby comment followed by a long reply to another HeadFi’er basically telling him to leave the HeadFi community and find another site to contribute to.

Yesterday I had a random dude call me deaf and a lier for not agreeing with his opinion on an HE1000SE review.

Last week I had another person tell me I’m wrong about two headphones that I own and love and I should sell them because he thinks Meze are better.

The further I continue into various threads the more toxic the conversations are. It’s exhausting.

After five plus years of enjoying this community I’ve decided it’s just not fun anymore and I’m taking a long break from it all. All I see right now are random dudes peacocking over one another and fighting over the dumbest of reasons.

Not sure how it’s all supposed to enhance the experience but if this is what the community is encouraging you can count me out.
My suggestion is to add people to your ignore list. Not everyone is from the Midwest US so you will have a bit of cultural and personality clash from time to time. I prefer to have a more curated experience vs the raw forum. I have a few dozen people on my list (not bad for 20yrs if I say so myself) and I am sure I am also on the ignore list of few dozen people. No need to throw the baby out with the bath water.

Mar 20, 2024 at 4:32 AM Post #64,923 of 65,584
All I have to say was not once did I reply "do not buy that HP2 because it can't be serviced." I said that I wouldn't personally buy the HP2 (or any other expensive vintage headphone) because it can't be officially serviced. I only reply on this thread a few times every few months, and one of the recent discussions was Philimon's saga of getting his SR325e, a much newer headphone, properly serviced by Grado. Even headphones that can be serviced aren't trouble-free: it took almost 3 months for Grado Canada to service my GS3000e because the first repair attempt was botched. It was not my intention to offend ESL-1 or try to sabotage his sale. I'll end that line of discussion there, because everything else after that has been an overreaction.

To change the topic, who's going to Montréal Audiofest this weekend? Grado Canada is confirmed to be there. I'm gonna try to contact them to see if they could bring over some of the limited editions (such as the White/WH1) for demo if they still have them.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2024 at 7:23 AM Post #64,924 of 65,584

For what it's worth. Headfi is the least toxic forum I've encountered so far. The audio related discord servers are beyond insufferable and everyone on them spouts the same group think and are extremely rude to everyone that thinks differently. Reddit is the same. I never even bothered making an ASR or SBAF account because of the snobbery. Tho I do think sbaf knows what they're talking about more often than not. But it's just not worth the trouble. Audio is plagued with garbage attitudes, snobs, and pseudo intellectualism. And it's really sad. It's why I mainly hang out in the grado thread. It's surprisingly level headed.

Mar 20, 2024 at 7:54 AM Post #64,926 of 65,584
For what it's worth. Headfi is the least toxic forum I've encountered so far. The audio related discord servers are beyond insufferable and everyone on them spouts the same group think and are extremely rude to everyone that thinks differently. Reddit is the same. I never even bothered making an ASR or SBAF account because of the snobbery. Tho I do think sbaf knows what they're talking about more often than not. But it's just not worth the trouble. Audio is plagued with garbage attitudes, snobs, and pseudo intellectualism. And it's really sad. It's why I mainly hang out in the grado thread. It's surprisingly level headed.
Grado fans are generally open minded people.

Mar 20, 2024 at 8:43 AM Post #64,927 of 65,584
Mar 20, 2024 at 9:30 AM Post #64,929 of 65,584
They have to be .... because the headphone cables .... 🤪🤣
Well there was one time i used glue to fix my GS3000e 's driver that got detached from the wooden cup and yet i have no regrets buying it.

Mar 20, 2024 at 9:56 AM Post #64,930 of 65,584
Mar 20, 2024 at 11:53 AM Post #64,931 of 65,584
To change the topic, who's going to Montréal Audiofest this weekend? Grado Canada is confirmed to be there. I'm gonna try to contact them to see if they could bring over some of the limited editions (such as the White/WH1) for demo if they still have them.

If Grado brings out a GH5x prototype, I might pop over to Audiofest for a bit on Saturday. Otherwise, their current headphone lineup isn't really grabbing my attention. But hey, I could still give my PS500x a test run on their fancy setups.

Mar 20, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #64,933 of 65,584
If Grado brings out a GH5x prototype, I might pop over to Audiofest for a bit on Saturday. Otherwise, their current headphone lineup isn't really grabbing my attention. But hey, I could still give my PS500x a test run on their fancy setups.
... so could I with RS-1 "button" 😏 🤜 😫

Mar 20, 2024 at 1:41 PM Post #64,935 of 65,584
Today, I was in the "big" city and had some time to spare. I thought, why not go and have a listen to the RS-2X and RS-1X, which I had not listened to yet. The dealer told me they stopped having RS-1X in stock because they often had it returned from consumers, who purchased them online and didn't like their sound. "Simply too far away from what people expected" he said and a headphone that split the waters. I can only imagine that they must be super bright compared to other headphones. Maybe the "Etymotic ER4S" of Grado's? A headphone that you really need to spend long time with to adjust your ears to appreciate the bass compared to other headphones.

So, from the reference series, they only had RS-2X in stock and I spent some time with them playing from a VIOLECTRIC DHA V226. They looked stunning with the beautiful bright wood but they didn't really convince me. I found the treble somewhat incoherent with the rest and they didn't sound natural. They excelled in micro detail and air but sounded thin and lacked some of the kick and edgy punchiness that I have gotten used to in my SR225e. I know that quick judgement should not be ones final decision on a headphone, but they are indeed different from what I know as the normal Grado house sound.

Since I was not impressed with RS-2X, instead I asked if I could try the SR325x. :scream: Earlier I sold the SR225x because I liked the SR225e better. My thoughts on the differences between SR225e and SR225x are written here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/grado-labs-sr225e.20231/review/27193/

Immediately I was impressed with the SR325x - WOW! Such a punchy, open, coherent and in your face sounding headphone. Really balanced and natural. The pairing with VIOLECTRIC DHA V226 was divine! I ended up purchasing the SR325x... took me 5 minutes to decide that I couln't leave the store without them.

Right now, I find the 325x better than the Hemp to my ears. Whether it will replace the SR225e as my Grado reference, time will tell. I feel like I could build my end game system around the SR325x.

53600259649_d3a1d38f45_k.jpg

53599054952_9b571c7e13_k.jpg

53600259679_fa8429a014_k.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back