Grado Fan Club!
Mar 18, 2024 at 12:25 PM Post #64,906 of 65,584
I have ordered an Sr325x. If I don't like it the I can return it wihin the return window.

Mar 18, 2024 at 12:42 PM Post #64,907 of 65,584
I have ordered an Sr325x. If I don't like it the I can return it wihin the return window.
Don't forget to break it in before you send it back...

Mar 18, 2024 at 12:43 PM Post #64,908 of 65,584
If Lanny Frattare (33-year Pittsburgh Pirates play-by-play announcer) were to pair RS-1x and Icon Audio HP8 Signature:
IMG_7551.jpeg
"Nooooo doubt about it!!" [Best h/p/a for the h/p.]

Mar 18, 2024 at 12:46 PM Post #64,909 of 65,584
Mar 18, 2024 at 1:38 PM Post #64,910 of 65,584
Today I received the Khadas balanced line output cable...

Attachments

• 20240318_183422.jpg
    20240318_183422.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 3:10 PM Post #64,911 of 65,584
Thanks for your tips @plakat and @jonathan c ! Did some more reading and decided to keep looking for a PS2000e and maybe try a GS3000x if I see a good deal (in EU). Back when I got the 3Ke, I could also have gotten an X… maybe decided on the wrong one there… let’s see!

Anyone have extensive experience with the GH1 next to GH2, GH4, (and maybe even RS1 Button) they want to share here? (or link to previous post if covered already)

Mar 18, 2024 at 4:54 PM Post #64,912 of 65,584
Thanks for your tips @plakat and @jonathan c ! Did some more reading and decided to keep looking for a PS2000e and maybe try a GS3000x if I see a good deal (in EU). Back when I got the 3Ke, I could also have gotten an X… maybe decided on the wrong one there… let’s see!

Anyone have extensive experience with the GH1 next to GH2, GH4, (and maybe even RS1 Button) they want to share here? (or link to previous post if covered already)
Without PhD-type dissertation, I will say that RS-1 "button" is for me the best of the Reference Series - past or present. It is bettered only by PS2000e.

Mar 18, 2024 at 7:03 PM Post #64,913 of 65,584
Good luck with the sale. I would never spend that much on a headphone that can no longer be serviced, despite claims that headphones can last "decades" with love and care. It's more of a collection piece than something I'd want to actually use. I wonder how many Sony R10s are still working, as those drivers were made of biocellulose and degrade over time...
I must admit your “statement” that can never be fixed is making it sound “that can never be fixed” gives the illusion that the statement is a “FACT” which it is not and should Not have been stated that way. It is nothing more than your opinion (maybe guess would be more appropriate). You are of course you as all of us are certainly entitled to an opinion and that is all it is.

In comparison a FACT is that I know of one person who has has three HP1000 series phones that makes good use of them and NEVER had one iota of issue with any of the three. The same person has two Sony R-10 phones that like the Signature have never had any problems there and sound great (in my opinion).. I have over ten Stax electrostatics several of which I purchased almost 50 years ago Ago and those along with my newer ones have never had need of any service. All of those are FACTS….
Look up the word in your Thesaurus, I assure you FACT will not come up as an alternative way to say OPINION. You also refer to the fact that it is YOUR opinion, that is all you are entitled to.

You and any of us as stated can say any opinions they feel to and may have some people agree and some people disagree.

No one should state FACT when it is only an opinion completely unsubstantiated in this or similar situations. They really DO HAVE TOTALLY DIFFERENT MEANINGS.

I appreciate your wish of good luck on the sale before you started slinging mud all over the place.

As Sgt. Friday would say “Just the Facts”

Not too late for one more New Year’s Resolution perhaps.

I would appreciate you not stepping on people’s feet when stating your opinions and thoughts.

We can all agree to disagree but that only applies to thoughts and OPINIONS.

Best regards

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2024 at 12:55 PM Post #64,914 of 65,584
Don't forget to break it in before you send it back...
It seems this one is definitely a keeper too! They Don't sound bright at all!!! I really like them the X series the first one I tried and it's really awesome.

Attachments

• 20240319_175247.jpg
    20240319_175247.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Mar 19, 2024 at 12:55 PM Post #64,915 of 65,584
Test

Mar 19, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #64,916 of 65,584
It seems this one is definitely a keeper too! They Don't sound bright at all!!! I really like them the X series the first one I tried and it's really awesome.
Yes, the SR325x does lead to more purchases... It's a bargain!

Mar 19, 2024 at 7:13 PM Post #64,917 of 65,584
I must admit your “statement” that can never be fixed is making it sound “that can never be fixed” gives the illusion that the statement is a “FACT” which it is not
The fact is that Joseph Grado, as well as John Chapais, Grado's chief engineer back in the day, are dead, and Grado (the company) won't service the HP1000 anymore. Can it still be serviced? Technically yes, because anyone can open it up. Maybe someone has spare drivers in a drawer, or perhaps you could DIY a driver transplant from another vintage model with blackstar drivers. Can it still be serviced by the people who made it? No. Same with the Sony R10. That was my point. Anyone who buys a vintage headphone assumes risk. Don't know why you went on an unhinged rant about that.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2024 at 10:48 PM Post #64,918 of 65,584
IMG_7560.jpeg
Grado GH2 (LTD cocobolo) excels in sound quality with Icon Audio HP8 Signature. The Ken-Rad VT-231 pair and Telefunken ECC801S allow GH2 to offer bass (& the rest of frequency spectrum) to die for ... 🥲

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2024 at 12:24 AM Post #64,919 of 65,584
Right to the point, thanks for the info…,

😅
The fact is that Joseph Grado, as well as John Chapais, Grado's chief engineer back in the day, are dead, and Grado (the company) won't service the HP1000 anymore. Can it still be serviced? Technically yes, because anyone can open it up. Maybe someone has spare drivers in a drawer, or perhaps you could DIY a driver transplant from another vintage model with blackstar drivers. Can it still be serviced by the people who made it? No. Same with the Sony R10. That was my point. Anyone who buys a vintage headphone assumes risk. Don't know why you went on an unhinged rant about that.
I knew John Chapais well and he was quite talented and a fine fellow. Likewise I dealt a lot with Joe and he introduced his first signature product at a seminar in the audio salon I worked at in Manhattan.

Joe Grado designed the Signature HP1000 but it was John Grado who built them. John built a total run of 900 of them, they had enough parts to build 1000.

I suppose the points in my post were wasted words and made no impact or you just didn’t understand the facts I stated and they were facts unlike your opinions that you spouted.

Did you think your backhanded good luck wish with the sale followed by your opinionated statement it could not be fixed would be of service or a help to me to sell them. You really stepped on my toes or was that hard for to realize.

Maybe as a change to your normal approach you should remember if you have nothing good to say don’t say anything. I would state that is a fact but cannot, it is my opinion.

Maybe in your rush to make a point you did not bother or care to think it through.

I got quite a lot of PM’s from fellow Head-Fiers after the posts and plenty of opinions all supporting my take on your email of “Joy”.

No need to respond further as I Don’t Value or CARE what you have to say and that is a FACT.

P.S. I joined the forum in 2005 and never once had to deal with anything at all like this. I prefer to not have to again.

Last Fact, there are other nice headphone related sites, maybe you should check them out.

Ciao

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back