Grado Fan Club!
Feb 17, 2024 at 12:28 PM Post #64,308 of 65,622
Tempted to buy the hemps... but I just can't get past the fact how ugly they are. Almost all Grados cans have resonated with me, but for some reason I just can't bring myself to accepting these. I've heard positive reviews on em', but my brain has been stunlocked.

Feb 17, 2024 at 12:31 PM Post #64,309 of 65,622
Tempted to buy the hemps... but I just can't get past the fact how ugly they are. Almost all Grados cans have resonated with me, but for some reason I just can't bring myself to accepting these. I've heard positive reviews on em', but my brain has been stunlocked.
Interesting... I quite like their apperance, while my son also considers them ugly.
They are fun, but I'm missing a bit of that sparkle in the upper treble with them, therefore I'm going to sell them. Ultimately the GH2 gives me more of what I want.

Feb 17, 2024 at 12:51 PM Post #64,310 of 65,622
More opinions from the F-pad only lonely club.:

Just got my PS500e back from loan and had forgotten that it's like my beloved 325is but on steroids. PS500e bass is potent and more resolving up n down the line. I would say for 325is however that I think the frequency response balance is very slightly more even... At times wish there were slightly more lower treble which would make PS500e more like 325is tonally. Maybe Im just accustomed to 325is and will take some time to settle back in with PS500e signature. PS500e is my best Grado so going to use for comparisons to some interesting Grado competion from ETA, but may add other Grado for price point matching.

I discovered my 325is has a channel imbalance, one side rolls off bass earlier which was not noticed subjectively for rock music. Grado said they woud repair for $90 and replace with 'e' drivers if necessary. I wonder how Grado does their quality control to make sure drivers are matching pairs. Reminder: 325is uses 'e' drivers naturally.

I messaged Rich Grado to see if he'd be interested in exchanging my RS2x for a 325x. My thinking was that maybe that it'd be more convenient for both of us and would be quicker for me since Grado still has my RS2x for repairs. He declined and said Grado doesnt do trades. I recall RS2x sounded like PS500e's mid & treble with PS500e having more bass which made PS500e sound more balanced. My biggest gripe with x-series is the god damned cable so hopefully Grado accepts my request to recable to e-series cable otherwise Ill likely sell. I feel like Grado deliberately made their cable worse with x-series as a lol or as an unfortunate cost-saver because makes no sense to me otherwise.

Feb 17, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #64,311 of 65,622
Interesting... I quite like their apperance, while my son also considers them ugly.
They are fun, but I'm missing a bit of that sparkle in the upper treble with them, therefore I'm going to sell them. Ultimately the GH2 gives me more of what I want.
It almost reminds me of tacky weed socks, or some teenager pothead. :floatsmile:

If I could put looks aside and focus on the audio maybe I buy em. No telling, LOL! I need to shift gears back into looking at PS500’s… missing a little bass in my Grado House life.

Feb 17, 2024 at 1:42 PM Post #64,312 of 65,622
I received my RS-2X yesterday. I wasn't sure how they would compare to my SR325X. I am quite impressed. Right out of the box they sound great with my iFi Gryphon.

Bass and treble are very nice, but I am really impressed with how they present vocals, guitars, and piano. Nice wide stage, with vocals and solo instruments sounding
like they are in the room, in front of me.

I like how light they are, and the L pads are better than I expected. Kinda like half way between the flat pads and the the G's. I put my G's on them, but I prefer the sound with the L's.

I like both pairs, but the RS-2X justifies the price difference, IMO.

Feb 17, 2024 at 3:45 PM Post #64,314 of 65,622
It almost reminds me of tacky weed socks, or some teenager pothead. :floatsmile:

If I could put looks aside and focus on the audio maybe I buy em. No telling, LOL! I need to shift gears back into looking at PS500’s… missing a little bass in my Grado House life.
The PS500 is the other Grado I plan to keep :wink:
Did not hear the PSS500e so far, which is said to be a bit more civilized that the original PS500, but I like that

Feb 17, 2024 at 4:45 PM Post #64,317 of 65,622
That is tthe ugliest headphone I've ever seen.
lol

I dabble in vintage headphones with outdated styling so am not really bothered. What’s more important: sound and convenience like comfort and price. What about build quality? Well for starters I just mentioned two Grado that need repair a couple posts ago.

Grado sells some crazy overpriced garbage too. The actual differences in parts and cost to build between an SR60 and SR225? What about between PS500 and PS1000? Marketing pricing strategies are like styling in a way - in your mind. “Ew” is right.

Ada is $350 so expect it to be comparable to 325e at the very least to make up for its styling, we’ll see.

Feb 17, 2024 at 5:27 PM Post #64,318 of 65,622
I agree, these look ugly. I'll probably not be buying them regardless since I already own grados anyways. But I'm interested in reviews.

Feb 17, 2024 at 5:35 PM Post #64,319 of 65,622
More opinions from the F-pad only lonely club.:

Just got my PS500e back from loan and had forgotten that it's like my beloved 325is but on steroids. PS500e bass is potent and more resolving up n down the line. I would say for 325is however that I think the frequency response balance is very slightly more even... At times wish there were slightly more lower treble which would make PS500e more like 325is tonally. Maybe Im just accustomed to 325is and will take some time to settle back in with PS500e signature. PS500e is my best Grado so going to use for comparisons to some interesting Grado competion from ETA, but may add other Grado for price point matching.

I discovered my 325is has a channel imbalance, one side rolls off bass earlier which was not noticed subjectively for rock music. Grado said they woud repair for $90 and replace with 'e' drivers if necessary. I wonder how Grado does their quality control to make sure drivers are matching pairs. Reminder: 325is uses 'e' drivers naturally.

I messaged Rich Grado to see if he'd be interested in exchanging my RS2x for a 325x. My thinking was that maybe that it'd be more convenient for both of us and would be quicker for me since Grado still has my RS2x for repairs. He declined and said Grado doesnt do trades. I recall RS2x sounded like PS500e's mid & treble with PS500e having more bass which made PS500e sound more balanced. My biggest gripe with x-series is the god damned cable so hopefully Grado accepts my request to recable to e-series cable otherwise Ill likely sell. I feel like Grado deliberately made their cable worse with x-series as a lol or as an unfortunate cost-saver because makes no sense to me otherwise.
You should try the Nyczaj pads on the 325i. I use them with my 325i and love it but I love bass. People say the XMF Bokeh has a lot of mid-bass, it is like a "baby" ZMF AC but comparing the 325i with the former Shipibo pads to the Bokeh, to my taste, it doesn´t lack in bass.

Cheers.

Feb 17, 2024 at 7:26 PM Post #64,320 of 65,622
.... aftermarket parts 😯😀 ---> 👇
48A20102-95F4-4EA4-B892-B251B80CD81D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back