Grado Fan Club!
Feb 12, 2024 at 12:58 PM Post #64,246 of 65,919

Attachments

• IMG_20240212_185828_491.jpg
    IMG_20240212_185828_491.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 0
Feb 12, 2024 at 5:58 PM Post #64,248 of 65,919
Just listening to some EDM with sax, perfect fit for the GH2 :)
IMG_3351.jpeg
Looks like a great set-up. My iPod Classic does the work of a jukebox in my old car.
Nice portable set-up though. :thumbsup:

Feb 12, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #64,249 of 65,919
The Nyczak pads transformed the 325i. Treble was tamed a little and mid-bass is so more to my taste. If only it had more sub-bass presence, it would be an unbeatable headphone for the price.

I don´t like the polish pads on the RS1 Classic, F-pads are much better with these.

Feb 12, 2024 at 8:11 PM Post #64,250 of 65,919
I've always found Grados very cool, although I don't think I will ever get myself a pair because of the small earcups. I have big ears, and I am not a big fan of headphones that rest on your ears. I prefer the ones that sit around your ears. If anyone knows if there are big Grado earpads out there, please let me know.

Feb 12, 2024 at 8:14 PM Post #64,251 of 65,919
I've always found Grados very cool, although I don't think I will ever get myself a pair because of the small earcups. I have big ears, and I am not a big fan of headphones that rest on your ears. I prefer the ones that sit around your ears. If anyone knows if there are big Grado earpads out there, please let me know.
Same here. But 3rd party and even Grado earpads replacements from other models have worked for my two Grado headphones

Feb 12, 2024 at 10:36 PM Post #64,252 of 65,919
If you want big, the G-cush pads are nice and large. Also the Beautiful Audio pads and Shipibo pads are very comfortable.

Feb 12, 2024 at 11:42 PM Post #64,253 of 65,919
I wish BA or shipibo would make new pads tuned for the X drivers tbh.

Feb 13, 2024 at 1:43 AM Post #64,254 of 65,919
Looks like a great set-up. My iPod Classic does the work of a jukebox in my old car.
Nice portable set-up though. :thumbsup:
Yes, I really like it. Somehow the two match so well sonically and also have some Kondome retro charme, just nice. Happy that the GH2 has a 3.5mm connector.
I might use my PS500 more often if it also had 3.5mm… one reason to get the PS500e I guess :wink: on the other hand I think I would sell the RS-1 Button and the Hemp first…

Feb 13, 2024 at 3:39 AM Post #64,255 of 65,919
If you want big, the G-cush pads are nice and large. Also the Beautiful Audio pads and Shipibo pads are very comfortable.
Keep in mind that the original G pads cost 45$ you can get replicas on amazon for 10$ but i dont know the difference between the two beucase i didnt try the cheap ones. Also the Nyczaj pads are more comfortable than the G pads beucase they are soft and the G pads are hard, both are made out of foam. There are also L pads smaller than the G and the Nyczaj pads are almost the same size as these.

I heard people say that the knockoff/fake/replica G pads dont sound anything like the original ones but i cannot confirm that.

In terms of sound quality they are all better than the stock pads in my opinion, they all give a little bit extra sub bass and a little bit more soundstage.
I'd probably say G for pop and jazz and BA for rock L just great all rounder.

Now yes the G pads are expensive in my opinion grado is charging way more than what they should but others arent cheap too the BA pads cost 155$ + shipping (based on G pads) and the Nyczaj pads 65$, L pads 30$ the cheapest out of all.

I own the Nyczaj pads and Iam personally happy with them but the G pads will probably be the best for you. :ksc75smile:

Feb 13, 2024 at 11:15 AM Post #64,259 of 65,919
Keep in mind that the original G pads cost 45$ you can get replicas on amazon for 10$ but i dont know the difference between the two beucase i didnt try the cheap ones. Also the Nyczaj pads are more comfortable than the G pads beucase they are soft and the G pads are hard, both are made out of foam. There are also L pads smaller than the G and the Nyczaj pads are almost the same size as these.

I heard people say that the knockoff/fake/replica G pads dont sound anything like the original ones but i cannot confirm that.

In terms of sound quality they are all better than the stock pads in my opinion, they all give a little bit extra sub bass and a little bit more soundstage.
I'd probably say G for pop and jazz and BA for rock L just great all rounder.

Now yes the G pads are expensive in my opinion grado is charging way more than what they should but others arent cheap too the BA pads cost 155$ + shipping (based on G pads) and the Nyczaj pads 65$, L pads 30$ the cheapest out of all.

I own the Nyczaj pads and Iam personally happy with them but the G pads will probably be the best for you. :ksc75smile:
Thanks for the advice! I won't be using it for a while, since I just got new headphones (MM-100s), and I want to try those out before I try any other headphones. I will keep this in mind though.

Feb 13, 2024 at 1:48 PM Post #64,260 of 65,919
Waiting for my new «325»
Already own gold and 325e.
Skjermbilde 2024–02–13 kl. 19.40.47.png

Is this the same as gold?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back