Grado Fan Club!
Dec 22, 2023 at 8:30 PM Post #63,556 of 65,615
I searched but didnt find any evidence or witness of there being any sonic difference between red or black color driver magnet RS2e. Please correct me if Im wrong?

First impression is tone is as predicted and hoped: slightly more v-shape than RS2x. Not as trebley as 325e, not as bassy as PS500e. Perhaps most balanced of F-pad configurations that Ive tried. Appreciably lighter weight than PS500e which is better for portability reasons. I dont have PS500e on hand (currently on loan) so only comparing from memory.

Im liking a lot so far (F-pads). Depending I may pick up a red driver magnet version later to compare.

IMG_1802.jpeg

Dec 23, 2023 at 12:54 AM Post #63,557 of 65,615
Recent headphone ranking on youtube

Grados were ranked at the D & F tier and yet we are raving about them in this fan club thread haha.

What I found odd about this is that DMS previously absolutely loved the Hemp.

He ranked it as one of the very best headphones under $1k, and he even cited it as an example of a textbook audiophile headphone.

But now he ranked it a D?

That’s quite a shift in opinion.

@Resolve has always disliked Grados, so there’s no surprise there. Although his opinion shifted quite a bit on the Focal Elegia.

Dec 23, 2023 at 1:39 AM Post #63,558 of 65,615

He ranked it as one of the very best headphones under $1k, and he even cited it as an example of a textbook audiophile headphone.

@Resolve has always disliked Grados, so there’s no surprise there. Although his opinion shifted quite a bit on the Focal Elegia.

Yeah, and that's the thing, opinions change with more context, and preferences can change over time as well.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Dec 23, 2023 at 2:04 AM Post #63,559 of 65,615
Yeah, and that's the thing, opinions change with more context, and preferences can change over time as well.
So at which time should we expect consistency?

Isn't this the definition of shilling?

Dec 23, 2023 at 4:35 AM Post #63,560 of 65,615
Dec 23, 2023 at 4:51 AM Post #63,561 of 65,615

At the time of Hemp’s release it was the only Grado that sounded remotely neutral ime. But one of the very best under $1k? Maybe Resolve judged prematurely or was being generous to a sponsor. Dont know. I like(d) Hemp but then tried other stuff so would no longer recommend.

Dec 23, 2023 at 7:03 AM Post #63,562 of 65,615
The best I find to research headphones is find what you want in a headphone
Ignore all fancy advertising and promotional videos
Narrow it down to 3 or 4 then read the threads on hear ignoring the first 10 pages to let the dust settle.You then seem to find out if there are any aspects to like or dislike, from real users who have let the headphones break in.
They go to local shop have a try for comfort and sound.
Go to pub on Sunday with friends get half cut come home and order the one you wanted
Monday tell the wife.

Dec 23, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #63,564 of 65,615
Dec 23, 2023 at 9:05 AM Post #63,565 of 65,615
YES! We love Grados! Resolve Doesn't! We are all different. All is good … for those who love Grados 😜

Leo
FTFY…[Reg. TM; © bcowen: 2021.]

Dec 23, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #63,567 of 65,615
Dec 23, 2023 at 11:45 AM Post #63,568 of 65,615
At the time of Hemp’s release it was the only Grado that sounded remotely neutral ime. But one of the very best under $1k? Maybe Resolve judged prematurely or was being generous to a sponsor. Dont know. I like(d) Hemp but then tried other stuff so would no longer recommend.
None of our videos are 'sponsored', since we fund the channel differently. Our income isn't tied to the sentiment of a review, so we're free to say what we genuinely feel about a product. But at the same time this doesn't mean we're incapable of changing our minds about things.

There are bound to be headphones I don't like today that I used to like, partially because we find new things at a given price point we like better, and this is also as a result of the marked evolving as well.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Dec 23, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #63,569 of 65,615
None of our videos are 'sponsored', since we fund the channel differently. Our income isn't tied to the sentiment of a review, so we're free to say what we genuinely feel about a product. But at the same time this doesn't mean we're incapable of changing our minds about things.

There are bound to be headphones I don't like today that I used to like, partially because we find new things at a given price point we like better, and this is also as a result of the marked evolving as well.
Sure but there are incentives that influence your opinion or how you present information as a professional reviewer.

A simple hobbyist influenced:
Earlier this year I was on a loaner tour which required posting public impressions. I gave my negative feedback to the company and offered to not post impressions publicly out of gratitude for the opportunity to demo the expensive product and they gladly accepted.

Dec 23, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #63,570 of 65,615
The debate is still going. Just let it go guys. Let it go. Everyone is different. Personally, grado is my favorite headphone flavor out there and I find the hd 6xx a bit disappointing. Lots of people would tear me to shreds for saying that. Just how it is. We all have different taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back