Grado Fan Club!
Dec 11, 2023 at 9:53 PM Post #63,406 of 65,641
I don’t always go with harder music anymore, but these really scream with a few teaks of an eq on some metal! Pantera and Sabbath were thick and articulate.
IMG_0218.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2023 at 9:57 PM Post #63,407 of 65,641
Which cable did you get from them? Seems they list them by headphone they're compatible with, not the connections they have and there's no way to search. So I'm not sure which one has a single 3.5mm connector.
This one has single 3.5

I have one of their cables, pictured above under the Grado cable, for my hd6xx and love it.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2023 at 1:21 AM Post #63,408 of 65,641
Dec 13, 2023 at 10:06 PM Post #63,409 of 65,641
Grado GH2 and Icon Audio HP8 are working their ‘song in trade’ this evening 😘:
6190EEF7-5D98-4593-82BF-42EE986432FA.jpeg
Who says Grados don’t ‘do bass’? Get this h/p/a and have your bass kicked! 🤣

Dec 15, 2023 at 9:25 AM Post #63,410 of 65,641
I'm sure they wanted more of a focus on the shop aspect of the site to sell more headphones. And I don't blame them for not wanting to run two separate sites.

It seems to have more of a "corporate" feel now. The history is reduced to a single page, and there are no more pictures of the family. There no longer appears to be a link to blog.gradolabs.com even though it still exists, though it hasn't been updated in over a year. Strange direction that Grado is heading. It seems they're pulling back on some of the social media and exposure initiatives that Jonathan Grado spearheaded during the e-series era.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #63,411 of 65,641
It seems to have more of a "corporate" feel now. The history is reduced to a single page, and there are no more pictures of the family. There no longer appears to be a link to blog.gradolabs.com even though it still exists, though it hasn't been updated in over a year. Strange direction that Grado is heading. It seems they're pulling back on some of the social media and exposure initiatives that Jonathan Grado spearheaded during the e-series era.

I've got a feeling the company's not in the best financial shape. Wouldn't be shocked if they decide to call it quits at some point. Just my two cents.

Dec 15, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #63,412 of 65,641

Very strange indeed. For me this was a sign that Jonathan is stepping back from the company. Or maybe is a transition for another new website with the store integrated with the new design. The work that Jonathan did was pretty amazing, I think. Grado becomes modern like all other super great tech brands. Maybe this doesn't increase the sales, but not everything is about money. And, well, family business is super complicated, so much things involved. Hope they are doing well.

Dec 16, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #63,417 of 65,641
How does the PS2000e compare with the GS3000x?
Auditioned both. PS2000e weighs 530-540g which felt way too heavy and is heavier than some planars. GS3000x is 400-410g. I'd say the GS3000x is the warmer headphone of the two with a more impactful upper bass kick. GS3000e is lighter at 330-340g because it's full cocobolo instead of having a partial metal core. It uses the same drivers as the PS2000e, and to me, it sounds almost identical but without the fatiguing weight.

Dec 16, 2023 at 9:17 AM Post #63,418 of 65,641
I've got a feeling the company's not in the best financial shape. Wouldn't be shocked if they decide to call it quits at some point. Just my two cents.
Are there any grounds to your feeling?

Had a look at the page and i think the family history text is not very well written, many repeating words, my English teacher would not have been happy.

As for the missing photo: they probably have to take a new one with Richard?

Dec 16, 2023 at 9:21 AM Post #63,419 of 65,641
Got me a cheap Hemp. It has yet to be 'burnt in' but it's really a different sound compared to the e era. Very lively and punchy with big detailed bottom. Sadly missing the high treble, something i have to get used to or eq it away.

Also seems to work well with L pads which cures the high treble problem or with Geekria G but both kill the 'bass magic'. Yes, Grado has some bass magic now.

Edit: My girl friend only listened to the Hemp for like 30 seconds and said it's not for her as it's much too muffled. She loves the GH2 and the SR325e.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #63,420 of 65,641
Are there any grounds to your feeling?

Nah, I don't want to spread rumors. I heard they're having a tough time getting new wood, but that's about all I know. The way they dealt with the limited PS500x thing seemed kinda off, and my gut feeling says they might be having financial issues. Hope I'm wrong though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back