Grado Fan Club!
Nov 10, 2023 at 1:34 AM Post #63,166 of 65,797
This is not correct, Mojo 2 has a desktop mode that protects the battery, it's brilliantly designed
Did the OG Mojo have that mode?

EDIT: I see it did not, as I suspected.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2023 at 1:36 AM Post #63,167 of 65,797
So do you think GH2 and PS500e sound similar? Same ballpark at least?

Oh, just saw it's a PS500 not 500e.
Yes, I specifically looked for the older version since the PS500e and the GH2 are said to be rather similar while the PS500 is supposed to be a bit more V-shaped. But I did not yet compare it to the GH2.

Nov 10, 2023 at 2:57 AM Post #63,168 of 65,797
Did the OG Mojo have that mode?

EDIT: I see it did not, as I suspected.
Well you can't buy the OG new anymore, so I clarified it's M2 that has the desktop mode, now the observer has the facts.

The OG still had trickle mode and was inconvenient removing cables all the time rather than burn out, very few required new battery's well within normal and that's why many are still available on eBay.

I know,vas I've used them for 8 years and now have the M2.

And to make sure it's clear, the battery doesn't burn out as it can be left in desktop mode and sounds fantastic with the RS2x.

The M1 still an excellent device running off battery's

Nov 10, 2023 at 3:45 AM Post #63,170 of 65,797
Indeed, the M1 was marketed as a mobile device and owners new this, they charged it and took it out, still great value second hand.

M2 perfect as a desktop amp/DAC as well as on the move plus it's better, brilliant little device.

But you can get great value from others, I have. Qudelix in the drawer and it's brilliant

Nov 10, 2023 at 8:32 AM Post #63,172 of 65,797
Big test session about to start

RS2x with Nyczaj headband and gimbals , UAPP through Mojo2
Custom Cans litz cable

Beautiful Audio hybrid
Beautiful Audio Merino
Nyczaj
Grado OEM F L and G
Various aftermarket and tape mods
Softy quarter mod

Attachments

• PXL_20231110_132844597.jpg
    PXL_20231110_132844597.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Nov 10, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #63,174 of 65,797
Hello all...i just now buy the 325X - thanks all
Which DAC/amplifier deskop light can be recommended?
The SR325X is very sensitive and you don't need much power at all. Rather than looking for a dedicated amp to deliver power, I would suggest looking for something with a low noise floor. A noisy, high-power amplifier would be a poor fit, but a clean, quiet amp would be a good fit. I would suggest trying them with whatever amp you already have first.

Nov 10, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #63,175 of 65,797
IMG_1433.jpeg

Day 2 with Grado RS1x! So far I've found the treble a bit too much for me on some recordings. But, NOT a deal breaker.

I'm flipping back and forth between the IFi Neo2 and the Asgard 3 with TrueMultibit. At first I thought I'd prefer the Asgard 3 as it seemed to tone down the treble a tad. But, today I'm listening to Joint Mitchell At Newport on Qubuz, and I'm totally captivated by the sound coming out of the iFi Neo2.

It will be interesting to see how the RS1x satisfies me vs. my Hemps. I do like the more open sound of the RS1x, but to my hearing the Hemps give a little more bass. Not being a "bass head" I think the trade-off in favor of the RS1x is perfectly acceptable.

I did originally buy the Hemps because most reviewers seemed to think it had tamer treble (I certainly agree) based on my recent Hemp use memory. I haven't had time to do some true comparisons between the two headphones. Note: My son-in-law may get the Hemps passed to him. Why not share the joy of cabled Grados!

I did slap on larger Grado ear cups. I'm really an "over ears" vs. on "on ears" headphone pad guy. Physically speaking my ears are very sensitive to physical contact. Weird huh?

Nov 10, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #63,176 of 65,797
IMG_1433.jpeg

Day 2 with Grado RS1x! So far I've found the treble a bit too much for me on some recordings. But, NOT a deal breaker.

I'm flipping back and forth between the IFi Neo2 and the Asgard 3 with TrueMultibit. At first I thought I'd prefer the Asgard 3 as it seemed to tone down the treble a tad. But, today I'm listening to Joint Mitchell At Newport on Qubuz, and I'm totally captivated by the sound coming out of the iFi Neo2.

It will be interesting to see how the RS1x satisfies me vs. my Hemps. I do like the more open sound of the RS1x, but to my hearing the Hemps give a little more bass. Not being a "bass head" I think the trade-off in favor of the RS1x is perfectly acceptable.

I did originally buy the Hemps because most reviewers seemed to think it had tamer treble (I certainly agree) based on my recent Hemp use memory. I haven't had time to do some true comparisons between the two headphones. Note: My son-in-law may get the Hemps passed to him. Why not share the joy of cabled Grados!

I did slap on larger Grado ear cups. I'm really an "over ears" vs. on "on ears" headphone pad guy. Physically speaking my ears are very sensitive to physical contact. Weird huh?
Keep in mind that many on this Thread believe that the RS1x requires quite a bit of run time before it settles down and you get the true sound. 100 hours seems to be the agreed amount of time (for those who believe in burn-in).

Nov 10, 2023 at 7:27 PM Post #63,177 of 65,797
Hi all! Just received my RS1x. This was an open box deal. My question is does the standard package include a plug-in adapter for use with a headphone amp. instead of the cables built-in mini plug?

I'll spend the weekend comparing the RS1x to my Hemps using my iFi Neo2 and Schiit Asgard 3 with TrueMultibit card. If I have time I'll also try it with my old PSA Audio GCHA and Musical Fidelity M1 DAC. So Tidal and Quobuz are
going to get a workout this weekend! Forgot to add Chord Mojo2 in the mix also!
You'll have a busy weekend :o2smile:

Nov 10, 2023 at 7:29 PM Post #63,178 of 65,797
Keep in mind that many on this Thread believe that the RS1x requires quite a bit of run time before it settles down and you get the true sound. 100 hours seems to be the agreed amount of time (for those who believe in burn-in).
definitely agree - be patient and burn HPs and brain :o2smile:

Nov 10, 2023 at 8:18 PM Post #63,180 of 65,797
IMG_1433.jpeg

I felt that way initially - with L-pads; when I switched to F-pads & lots of break-in, the tonal balance became exemplary.
With the F-pads, the less bass / more open trade off disappeared. There was plenty of both!! 😄
Grado pads (F, G, L) can be softened by: soaking in cold water / dish soap solution, rinsing, towel press / air drying. Pad life is extended & pads smell good. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back