Grado Fan Club!
Nov 9, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #63,152 of 65,633
I second that! I use my all Grado's with Mojo when listening on my laptop and absolutely love it. It's an insanely good product for its price.
The Mojo 1 can be had very very cheap these days. The Mojo 2 has a lossless eq built in and can help overcome problems like 'too much treble' or 'too less bass'

Nov 9, 2023 at 5:01 PM Post #63,157 of 65,633
hey,
i go tomarrow to shop and choose sr80x or 325x .. :)

what usb dac will good with them? or mayby deskop dac\amp?
If you are in the US, check out Schiit

IFI is also good

If you can afford it (not in my budget), Mojo is excellent

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2023 at 5:06 PM Post #63,159 of 65,633
The Mojo 1 can be had very very cheap these days. The Mojo 2 has a lossless eq built in and can help overcome problems like 'too much treble' or 'too less bass'

But, you have to be ready to replace the battery or pay for it be done or be ok with needing to run it off a phone charger full time.

I would surprised if any original Mojo battery is still ok now.

Nov 9, 2023 at 5:08 PM Post #63,160 of 65,633
Sorry if this is a noob question, but I want to try the G-Cushion type cushions on my GW100x's ...
Are the official Grado versions the best choice? Are there any clones that are just as good?

Main reason for me would be to lift the cups a bit off of my ears, as the clamping is pretty strong on these.
I was assuming the G-Cush would do this for me. Thank you.

Nov 9, 2023 at 5:34 PM Post #63,161 of 65,633
Sorry if this is a noob question, but I want to try the G-Cushion type cushions on my GW100x's ...
Are the official Grado versions the best choice? Are there any clones that are just as good?

Main reason for me would be to lift the cups a bit off of my ears, as the clamping is pretty strong on these.
I was assuming the G-Cush would do this for me. Thank you.
You will get various opinions on pad swapping, I have used the Geekria pads from Amazon which are decent quality and comfortable, but in my opinion again other's will vary the official Grado pads are the best choice they just sound better to me at the expense of some comfort. I have come full circle on pads for my RS2e to where I am back to using Grado L-Cush pads which are the standard pads for RS2e. The Geekria pads are cheap I would just buy them and see what you think, ultimately they are your headphones and it is best left up to what you think.

Nov 9, 2023 at 5:41 PM Post #63,162 of 65,633
Hi all! Just received my RS1x. This was an open box deal. My question is does the standard package include a plug-in adapter for use with a headphone amp. instead of the cables built-in mini plug?
Mine came with adaptor to 6.5mm

Nov 9, 2023 at 11:18 PM Post #63,163 of 65,633
Mine came with adaptor to 6.5mm
As do all Grados that are hard wired to 3.5.
Easy to obtain at Amazon, etc.

The adapter from Audioquest is silver plate and is very open and detailed. Which phone and your preference is as always what you like best.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2023 at 1:34 AM Post #63,165 of 65,633
This is not correct, Mojo 2 has a desktop mode that protects the battery, it's brilliantly designed
I think he was talking about the Mojo 1, which did not have such a mode. Burnouts good to know they tackled this in the new version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back