Grado Fan Club!
Jun 27, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #54,166 of 66,245
20220626_195307.JPGbeen one hell of a few months ... my chrohns not good, hospital every week for immune suppresents and tests for the next 16 weeks which I have just started, then to top it all off I have been feeling unwell today coughing and just tested positive for COVID :slight_frown:...all I need.
but my Grado look and sound good :grinning:
wall needs painting had a leak but been to ill to do it...il stop looking at the wall and do some listening instead.
Damn dude, I hope you feel better soon!

Jun 27, 2022 at 6:45 PM Post #54,168 of 66,245
20220626_195307.JPGbeen one hell of a few months ... my chrohns not good, hospital every week for immune suppresents and tests for the next 16 weeks which I have just started, then to top it all off I have been feeling unwell today coughing and just tested positive for COVID :slight_frown:...all I need.
but my Grado look and sound good :grinning:
wall needs painting had a leak but been to ill to do it...il stop looking at the wall and do some listening instead.

Sucks man. I know how that feels. I've got ulcerative colitis. Thankfully currently in remission, but it sucks.

Love to see your collection though. I need to get a few more stands soon. Running out of space. lol

Jun 27, 2022 at 7:08 PM Post #54,169 of 66,245
Sucks man. I know how that feels. I've got ulcerative colitis. Thankfully currently in remission, but it sucks.

Love to see your collection though. I need to get a few more stands soon. Running out of space. lol
Yeah you understand, not nice at all at times but hey it could be far worse too, I'm not getting bombed in Ukraine.
Bob Dylan masters of war, cayin n6ii ro1 and I think tonight the hemp 20220628_000757.JPG

Jun 27, 2022 at 7:13 PM Post #54,170 of 66,245
How does the Hemp compare to the RS2e? I've been seeing some good offers. Does it make sense to go for the Hemp if I already have the RS2e?
I have the RS2e, and take what I say with the knowledge that I've never heard the Hemp, but from reviews, graphs, and forum threads, it seems that the Hemp stock and the RS2e with F or TTVJ Flat pads are pretty comparable. I'm content with pad swapping on my RS2e when I want more bass and less soundstage.

Jun 27, 2022 at 7:58 PM Post #54,171 of 66,245
Yeah you understand, not nice at all at times but hey it could be far worse too, I'm not getting bombed in Ukraine.
Bob Dylan masters of war, cayin n6ii ro1 and I think tonight the hemp 20220628_000757.JPG

Looks like a nice pairing. I just got a FiiO M11 Plus ESS DAP. Have only used IEMs with it so far though. Should give it a go with my Hemps.

I have the RS2e, and take what I say with the knowledge that I've never heard the Hemp, but from reviews, graphs, and forum threads, it seems that the Hemp stock and the RS2e with F or TTVJ Flat pads are pretty comparable. I'm content with pad swapping on my RS2e when I want more bass and less soundstage.

Yeah. I've swapped a lot of pads. The flats are still the best Grado pads for the Hemps IMO. But I got Dekoni's velour pads for the Hemps recently and I really love how they sound too.

Jun 27, 2022 at 8:04 PM Post #54,172 of 66,245
Looks like a nice pairing. I just got a FiiO M11 Plus ESS DAP. Have only used IEMs with it so far though. Should give it a go with my Hemps.

Yeah. I've swapped a lot of pads. The flats are still the best Grado pads for the Hemps IMO. But I got Dekoni's velour pads for the Hemps recently and I really love how they sound too.
Very nice bet the hemp sound nice on it , i think I read it's quite a neutral tuning.

Jun 27, 2022 at 8:08 PM Post #54,173 of 66,245
Looks like a nice pairing. I just got a FiiO M11 Plus ESS DAP. Have only used IEMs with it so far though. Should give it a go with my Hemps .
yes use your Fiio M11. The dap will run most grado with or without any amp. I use the Fiio M7 on loads of Grado. Sr60, sr125, sr225, and sr325i , plus the Rs2e. All been ok . But I sometimes use the fiio e11k portable amp if want me control.

Jun 27, 2022 at 8:10 PM Post #54,174 of 66,245
RS1x is a very good all arounder except for its dry dead bass. Thats why I prefer my Arya to them because all I listen too is EDM. Their soundstage, detail and timbre are all fantastic though.
…not with Grado RA-1, Linear Tube Audio MZ3, Quicksilver Audio, Violectric V200, Woo WA6, Woo WA6SE…🤷🏻‍♂️

Jun 27, 2022 at 9:15 PM Post #54,175 of 66,245
Very nice bet the hemp sound nice on it , i think I read it's quite a neutral tuning.

It is pretty neutral. Which honestly is what I want in a DAP. I've been using it for some IEM fun. Got the 7Hz Timeless recently. Planar IEMs are so much fun to listen to.

yes use your Fiio M11. The dap will run most grado with or without any amp. I use the Fiio M7 on loads of Grado. Sr60, sr125, sr225, and sr325i , plus the Rs2e. All been ok . But I sometimes use the fiio e11k portable amp if want me control.

It does have an amp built in. But yes, it definitely can run the Grados. They're all pretty low impedance. Will give it a go soon, I think. I have used my Hemps with my BRT5 to play music from my phone before.

Jun 28, 2022 at 12:12 AM Post #54,177 of 66,245
I tested it at Canjam Chicago and thats what led to me buying the Arya because it was the best sounding headphone there imo.
It is pretty neutral. Which honestly is what I want in a DAP. I've been using it for some IEM fun. Got the 7Hz Timeless recently. Planar IEMs are so much fun to listen to.

It does have an amp built in. But yes, it definitely can run the Grados. They're all pretty low impedance. Will give it a go soon, I think. I have used my Hemps with my BRT5 to play music from my phone before.
I had the original m11 which was for me a bit clinical , it was good don't get me wrong but with some iems I just didn't like it and honestly I was mostly a neutral guy for a long time.... but I'm certain your version is way better from what I have read.

Jun 28, 2022 at 12:20 AM Post #54,178 of 66,245
I tested it at Canjam Chicago and thats what led to me buying the Arya because it was the best sounding headphone there imo.
Well that sounds like another solid vote, my dilemma is though the cayin n6ii with ro1 is very good best dap I have heard and some reckon as good as anything out there, but I want a little more authority/power out of the grado but still retain what I have ..I have a Sabaj d5 here , really nice but on technicalitys the cayin is better but the sabaj being a desktop has more authority .. anyway my choice is a mojo2 or the hifiman.
Read a few posts saying my cayin for the reason's I said is better than mojo2 on technicalitys and I can audition one but I have heard good things about the hifiman.

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:36 AM Post #54,179 of 66,245
I had the original m11 which was for me a bit clinical , it was good don't get me wrong but with some iems I just didn't like it and honestly I was mostly a neutral guy for a long time.... but I'm certain your version is way better from what I have read.
I got an original M11 and love it for a different reason...
I agree that it is a bit clinical, and honestly I do not use it for long music listening sessions. For me, it is great to figure out the sound signature of a headphone or IEM since the M11 is reference-like sound signature! For me, it is a tool for reviews, comparisons, etc. With IEMs that are tuned to my taste, it actually synergizes well.
Another advantage for me: it has 2.5mm / 3.5mm / 4.4mm headphone jacks. So, I can throw any IEM at it :wink:

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:49 AM Post #54,180 of 66,245
I got an original M11 and love it for a different reason...
I agree that it is a bit clinical, and honestly I do not use it for long music listening sessions. For me, it is great to figure out the sound signature of a headphone or IEM since the M11 is reference-like sound signature! For me, it is a tool for reviews, comparisons, etc. With IEMs that are tuned to my taste, it actually synergizes well.
Another advantage for me: it has 2.5mm / 3.5mm / 4.4mm headphone jacks. So, I can throw any IEM at it :wink:
I agree it's an excellent tool for your use and a fantastic little dap in general with all its outputs.love the 2 slots on it as well, 2tb in a dap now we're talking wish more daps still came with 2 slots..
I love my cayins audio and honestly I cant see me replacing it for quite some time but the little fiio as a unit and usage was a little better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back